Dinosaur of the Day #96 - Pterovexus

Rarity: Unique.
Metahub Tier: Apex.
Health: 3000.
Damage: 1010.
Speed: 129.
Defence: 0%
Critical chance: 5%

Created by DNA from: Darwinopterus and Monomimus.

Distracting Impact.
Nullifying Impact.
Pinning Strike.
Swoop.
Immunity.
Swap In Wound.

So, thoughts on this hybrid pterosaur? Is it worth including on a team? Tactics and suggestions? What changes would you make and anything else you can think of?

3 Likes

Don’t have this one, and I haven’t even seen one as far as I can remember.

Considering I don’t have much luck finding Darwino, even with scents at park, it’ll be a very long time before I get this.

I have only seen Darwin when it was part of a dinosaur of the week. They are like unicorn dust around here, so this one will probably never see the light of day for me.

I don’t yet have one at the moment, but I have seen it in friendly battles and it has some cool potential.

One thing I believe why lot of people think this thing is bad is because it has low hp and they want to SIA it in like Dracoce-RAT-OP-s.

But if you look at the stats and the moveset.

129 speed
Immunity
Distracting Impact on turn 1
Swoop.

It’s pretty clear to me you are meant to open with it and then swoop away before you are being killed. Then (here comes the nasty part) if you are bound to lose a dinosaur in a turn, you kamikaze crash back in the fight and drop that 50% bleed on the unsuspecting victim.

Only thing that I would personally change, since it has kinda low damage for the intended starter usage, give it Lethal Swoop, so it is more encouraging to use the intended kamikaze tactic.

5 Likes

But how is Swoop going to help against DracoceRATops if swapping in Draco has priority over swoop as a move?

Where did I mention that it helps against Dracoce-RAT-OP-s??? :thinking:

I have been merely saying that it sucks if you try to bring it in the fight with SIA, as you do with Dracoce-RAT-OP-s. Instead, you should do a regular start, swoop away and if you are losing a Dino no matter what, then crash back with the wound and let the already beaten up Vexus die, but ensuring the opponent goes down with you.

There wasn’t anything said about using it against a Dracoce-RAT-OP-s, I was just addressing a fact about a bad Vexus usage :slight_smile:

Forgive me, plz, I got it wrong. Standing in the shaking train while reading posts can lead to reading texts incompletely.

It’s alright. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can’t say for certain as I don’t have either, but I personally prefer Stygidaryx right now because of the way she looks. My Stygidaryx will be nicknamed Checkers because

1. She has a crown.
  2. Checkers is fun.
    And 3. I just really liked Lilo and Stitch the series, and Checkers is one of my favorites of Stitch’s cousins. :joy:
2 Likes

Haven’t seen or fought this hybrid yet, but they say it’s TOO weak

1 Like

Mine is L23 now. Working on getting it up to team level. Really enjoy using it in friendlies but it is abit underwhelming. Bleed doesnt seem to do enough damage and its base damage needs increasing IMO.

130 speed would benefit it along with an increase in health/damage. Maybe a rampage move? Not asking for all of the above but needs some work. Marks metahub page summed it up really well I think.

1 Like

I don’t have it and i never meet him yet.

Under 1.7 update … * Swap in Ability becomes Swap in Evasion .

I’m guessing that is because Swoop already gives you a bleed attack and it was a little unnecessary to have both.