Dinosaurs Global: SCIPIONYX, TIANYULONG, ERKETU

Get ready for a mega episode of Dinosaurs Global including three different species! Without further ado here is the eighth and final dinosaurs global!

Artist: Unknown

SCIPIONYX

The Scipionyx is an ancient raptor that was discovered in the 1980s although it has been dated back to the Apitan 113 million years ago. But that’s about all the information that’s known about this tiny dinosaur. Paleontologists don’t know how long or what the weight of this small dinosaur is because of the lack of fossils. Have any predictions on the size or weight of this creature, please write in the comments :grin:

TIANYULONG

This little dinosaur is huge in the paleontology community. This finding supports that not just saurischians could have feathers but ornithischians too. Although this creature has always been in the shadows of his other heterodontosauridae friend psittacosaurus which also proved that ornithischians could have feathers. This pocket sized creature is only 2 pounds and 2 feet long and was dwarfed by larger herbivores that it lived with in China. The Tianyulong is an omnivore and likely lived in Barremian times 125 million years ago.

ERKETU

The Erketu had one of the longest necks of any dinosaur in the cretaceous. It was more than double the length of its body and could use this advantage to scout for dangers in the ancient Mongolian area and could reach super high foliage using its monstrous neck. Although surprisingly as long as it’s neck was, it was only 5.5 tons a micro weight compared to the Argentina giants of the cretaceous such as dreadnoughtus or argentinosaurus. Why the small weight? Well having a long neck doesn’t mean you’re going to way a lot. This creature was discovered in 2002 but was alive 120 million years ago and as already stated was a herbivore.

For the final poll ever on dinosaurs global which creature was your favorite out of the eleven I showcased!

• JANENSCHIA
  • POEKILOPLEURON
  • FRUITADENS
  • MINMI
  • HUEHUECANAUHTLUS
  • UTAHCERATOPS
  • EQUIJUBUS
  • SCIPIONYX
  • TIANYULONG
  • ERKETU

0 voters

1 Like

You meant scout right?

1 Like

Oops! Thanks for catching my grammar mistake :laughing:

2 Likes

No problem. Anyways I need to get my raja and concave dna

2 Likes

I had to change my vote to Tianyulong. :star_struck:

4 Likes

I mean it’s hard to resist look how fluffy it is!

3 Likes

I live with chickens. I can resist the fluff

2 Likes

Scipionyx:
scipionyx

2 Likes

It looks like troodon went super saiyan!

(because of the hair)

4 Likes

Tianyulong:
tianyulong

2 Likes

erketu:
erketu

2 Likes

I must vote for my boi minmi

1 Like

Am I the only one who thought those names were made up when the OP smashed his keyboard, but when searching it you realised those were real dinosaurs lol

1 Like

I mean it’s irritable. Plus it stared in a thrilling documentary :laughing:

(Dinosaur World Championship)

1 Like