Ludia Forums

Dinosaurs we would Like #1 - Styracosaurus

Someone gave me the idea, so I thought I’d oblige and create a new series. @Colin_Goodman runs the Dinosaur of the Day for creatures that are in the game, and @Apple runs the Creature File Collection for obscure creatures that deserve some spotlight; so I thought I’d start a new series that focuses on very popular dinosaurs (and some other creatures) that we’d like to see in game.

On each entry, I’ll include a poll to show the team how requested each animal actually is.

Without further delay, our first entry:

Styracosaurus

Bio:
Easily one of the most recognizable and popular ceratopsians and dinosaurs in general, it’s enjoyed great fame since it’s discovery in 1913. Styracosaurus was a relatively large dinosaur, reaching lengths of 5.5 metres (18 feet) and weighing nearly 3 tons. It stood about 1.8 meters (5.9 feet) tall. It’s most distinctive features, Styracosaurus had four to six long parietal spikes extending from its neck frill, a smaller jugal horn on each of its cheeks, and a single horn protruding from its nose, which may have been up to 60 centimetres (2 feet) long and 15 centimetres (6 inches) wide. The function or functions of the horns and frills have been debated for many years.

Interesting Facts:

Summary
  • Styracosaurus has appeared in a large amount of Jurassic Park media, and you can actually find its skeleton on display in Arena 11: Lockwood Library!
  • Styracosaurus lived in the Dinosaur Park foundation which is now Alberta, Canada alongside notable dinosaurs like Gorgosaurus, Parasaurolophus, and Euoplocephalus.
  • It was known to travel in large herds from evidence of bonebed mass graves, possibly caused by a flash flood.
  • It’s name unsurprisingly means “Spiked Lizard”

Would you like to see Styracosaurus in Jurassic World: Alive?

• Yes
  • No
  • Undecided

0 voters

How do you think it would be in game?

1 Like

I would like Styracosaurus to be what the ceratopsians used to be. Instead of being a swap-in utility creature, it could be a 1v1 tanky type dino.
Actually, maybe it could gain a hit-and-run ability, the opposite of the other ceratopsians.

Till date, we don’t have a single slow, bulky dino with a hit-and-run move, and I think one would definitely be useful, since the next dino is likely to get a safe swap-in. Plus, potential new moves like some sort of Stun-and-run move that players have been suggesting for a while would definitely fit.

4 Likes

Styracosaurus: Epic

HP: 3750
Damage: 975
Speed: 110
Armor: 20%
Critical: 5%

Long Decelerating Strike (x1) (Target’s speed is reduced by 50% for 2 turns)

Adrenaline Pulse (+25% Health)

Instant Charge (x1) (Priority) (75% Stun)

[Swap in Head Butt] {0.5x} {66% Stun}
[On Escape Cleanse] {When opponent’s try to escape, cleanse self}

We honestly need Styra in this game. We Just have only one ceratopsid Epic… And i really don’t want another Gen 2!

3 Likes

Really wish the non-hybrid ceratopsians return to their former glory. Remember the days when ppl would boost Sino, because of its high attack and semi decent speed

Here’s mine

Styracosaurus

Rarity: Epic

Health: 3750

Damage: 1020

Speed: 114

Armor: 15%

Critical: 5%

Moves

Long Decelerating Strike

Regeneration

Distracting Shield

Passive: Swap in Stunning Strike

Besides, I’m actually enjoying this. Good job, @DinoMaster3000

1 Like

Thanks very much @Apple

You’re welcome. Will there be more?

I don’t know how regular it will be, but I hope to keep them coming!

Well, as long as you got creatures that everyone likes, I would love to see more

My turn!

Styracosaurus
Rarity: Rare

Stats

• Health: 3800
  • Attack: 960
  • Speed: 113
  • Armor: 15%
  • Crit: 5%

Moves

• Long Decelerating strike
  • Dig in
  • Acute stun
  • Swap in stunning impact

Impact?

()

Yes, Swap in stunning impact, like Swap in stunning strike but with 1,5x damage

Oh new ability. Got ya!

For me personally, I think that all ceratopsians should have 4100-4300 HP, not too high or too low, attack be returned to 1200-1300, and speed at 114-117. This way theyre not just stalling (Dig-In) animals with a swap-in attack. Kindve like before, when people were leveling up crazy and boosting sinoceratops and eniasuchuses. I dont know if people like the current state of the ceratopsians, but they should just stick to what they were, stunning creatures. And maybe if Ludia implemented it, stunning and get-away creatures (Stun & Run)

If it were arena-viable, I’d currently have this team: Sinoceratops, Triceratops, Stegoceratops, Monostego, Nasutoceratops, Einiosaurus, Dracoceratops, Utahrinex. I was working towards it, then the Ceratopsians nerf hammer dropped HARD.

Any creatures welcome for me including proceratomimius gen 2

My idea
Styracosaurus (Epic)
Health: 4,200
Attack: 1,000
Speed: 109
Defense: 25%
Crit. Chance: 5%

• Long Decelerating Strike
  • Greater Stunning Rampage
  • Exploit Wound
  • Swap-in Stunning Strike

If styracosaurus made into the game I’d love it to have a bleeding move like lethal wound or gashing wound, that huge pointy nose spike would do a lotta damage if it gored something.

DinoMaster3000 I would llve this series, and probually try to help? :smirk:. I have some dino idras that NEED to be added iddemitely. So what you say, or should I make a series my self.

1 Like

I got one too: Giganotosaurus, Therizinosaurus, and Ceratosaurus

1 Like