Ludia Forums

Dinosaurs we would Like #14 - Acrocanthosaurus

Acrocanthosaurus

Bio:

The prehistoric king of early Cretaceous America, Acrocanthosaurus is one of the most well known dinosaurs for its unique characteristics. Filling the apex predator void between the Late Jurassic Allosaurus and Middle Cretaceous Siats, it was unrivaled for 20 million years. It was a very large carcharodontosaur at 11.5 meters (38 feet) long, 3.5 meters (11.5 feet) tall, and 7 tons. Instantly recognizable, it’s stand out feature is its thick raised neural spines running from neck to tail. Preserved ligaments suggest this was a structure that supported massive muscle groups, and possibly could’ve also stored nutrition for periods of time without food. With mountainous power, Acrocanthosaurus would’ve been adept at actively hunting a wide variety of prey. It could’ve also performed a behavior known as flesh grazing: using its powerful musculature and blade-like teeth to tear chunks off of giant sauropods to feed while they are still alive. It certainly had no shortage of prey in the early Cretaceous Antlers and Cloverly formations, with Tenontosaurus roaming the tidal plains and hills in abundance among many other dinosaur species like Deinonychus, Ornithomimus, Sauroposeidon, and Astrodon.

Interesting facts:

Summary
  • A footprint trackway found in Arkansas provides a unique window into the past that details life in the Cretaceous. The tracks show a multiple mile methodical pursuit of an Acrocanthosaurus going after the titanic Sauroposeidon. The tracks have provided tremendous insight into it’s physiology and how it moved. Footprints can sometimes be as valuable as fossils themselves!
  • The position of its inner ear has determined that Acrocanthosaurus had a strange posture. It appears to have walked slightly more upright with its head tilting more towards the ground. The advantages or uses of this trait are unknown.
  • Unlike most large theropods, Acrocanthosaurus had an important function with its arms. While they couldn’t swipe or slash with much rotation, it could grapple. Anything seized in its claws would’ve been pressed to it’s body; unable to escape from its unbreakable grasp, any movement backwards would’ve impaled itself on the predators large claws. This would’ve kept prey in a striking range for those savage jaws.
  • It’s name means “High Spined Lizard.”

Would you like to see Acrocanthosaurus in Jurassic World: Alive?

• Yes
  • No
  • Undecided

0 voters

How do you think it would be in game?

Previous Article:
Dinosaurs we would Like #13 - Tropeognathus

3 Likes

Rarity: Rare

Health: 4350

Damage: 1750

Speed: 108

Armor: 0%

Critical: 5%

Moves

Defense Shattering Strike

Armor Piercing Impact

Armor Piercing Rampage

1 Like

It definitely looks like an irritator gen 2

With no ferocity

Yes with no ferocity

Acrocanthosaurus is one of my favorite dinosaurs :slight_smile:

1 Like

I remember drawing this dinosaur for the tournament, although now that I look at it again I find it to be weird looking and nothing like the actual creature and way overdo for a remake.

1 Like

Acrocanthosaurus (Rare)

HP: 4500
Damage: 1750
Speed: 106
Armor: 0%
Critical: 25%

Definite Strike (x1)
Rending Attack (0.4x)
Revenge Shattering Rampage (x2)

{On Escape Critical} {+50% for 3 turns}

3 Likes

Acrocanthosaurus

Epic

HP : 4200
DMG : 1600
Speed : 105
Armor : 0%
Crit chance : 20%

Precise defense shaterring strike
Precise defense shaterring impact
Precise defense shaterring Rampage

On escape heal
Offensive stance
(If the opponent buff itself (dodge, crit chance, shield, regen, …) receive 50% shield for 2 turns and buff himself his damage to 50% for 1 turn)

Acrocanthogaia
[Acrocanthosaurus + Dsungaia]

Unique

HP : 3900
dmg : 1450
Speed : 118
Armor : 15%
Crit chance : 20%

Decelerating shielded strike
Precise Ferocious strike
Precise defense Shaterring Rampage
Regeneration

Offensive stance
On escape heal
Decelerating counter
(reworked : it deals no damage)

1 Like

It’s shattering not shaterring @Jurassik_Fan

Acrocanthosaurus

Rare

HP: 4500
ATK: 1600
SPD: 109
AMR: 0%
CRIT: 20%

• Definite Strike (1x)
  • Precise Shattering Impact (1.5x)
  • Cleansing Rampage (2x)

On Escape Ferocity [When opponent attempts to leave, gain 50% Ferocity effect for 2 turns]

Acrocanthosaurus
Epic
Hp 4000
Attack 1300
Speed 112
Armor 0%
Crit rate 25%
Move set
Minimal wounding strike(wound 10% from max hp for 1 turn)
Precise rampage
Lethal wound
Passive
Immune to Decelerating
No Escape

Easy
0%
30%
Minor Rending Attack
DSR
Ready to Crush

Don’t even care what it’s like, that’s my ALL TIME favorite!

Think it should be an epic, though.

What animation would acro have?

That poll option shouldn’t be a yes…

It should be YEAASSSSSS!!!

1 Like

It’d be nice if carcharodontosaurs had their own animations, but it’d probably use Rex’s

Pls do Corthyosaurus next

1 Like

Sure! I was going to get to it at some point but I’ll bump it up next.

1 Like