Ludia Forums

Dinosaurs we would Like #16 - Daspletosaurus

Daspletosaurus

Bio:

One of the most well known Tyrannosaurs, Daspletosaurus has shown up in countless media outings. It was a contemporary to equally famous Albertosaurus and Gorgosaurus. Though it was similarly sized in length at 9 meters (30 feet) long, it seems to have been dominant over both other tyrannosaur cousins, and had a broader musculature at 3.8 tons. Interestingly, it appears to have been an ideal middle ground between the speed of gracile tyrannosaurs, and power in later tyrannosaurs, which likely contributed to its success as a species filling the apex predator role. It is identifiable by a compact, yet robust skull, a muscular body with longer than average arms for its family, and small horns above it’s eyes. It’s likely that Daspletosaurus hunted anything in its territory given that it was both fast enough to chase and strong enough to crush armored prey. Just like it’s later cousin Tyrannosaurus, it had a powerful sense of smell and excellent eyesight, and it could’ve tracked hadrosaur or ceratopsian herds for days at safe distance without losing the trail. It had a wide range across the western peninsula of late Cretaceous North America, being just as at home in the arid grasslands of the south as it was in the temperate woodlands and wetlands of the north.

Interesting facts:

Summary
  • It is most unusual that Daspletosaurus was neighbors with Albertosaurus in the Judith River formation, and Gorgosaurus in the close by Dinosaur Park formation all being in the 8-9 meter range. They perhaps compare like lions and leopards in modern day Africa, both being big cats, but one is suited to quick prey and the other to hefty prey. All 3 tyrannosaurs were known to be pack hunters as well, so they may have had dangerous encounters with each other if they were lacking numbers. In a case of a one on one encounter, Daspletosaurus would’ve had a clear advantage.
  • Many Daspletosaurus specimens have been recovered in excellent condition. This looks to be the result of a local volcanic eruption where they were smothered in a pyroclastic flow.
  • Though they are known to work in packs, they would’ve been prone to frenzy at a fresh kill. Evidence exists in shattered skulls and other bones that during such a frenzy they would on occasion turn cannibalistic, killing and consuming members of their own in the chaos of the moment.
  • It’s name means “Frightful Lizard.”

Would you like to see Daspletosaurus in Jurassic World: Alive?

• Yes
  • No
  • Undecided

0 voters

How do you think it would be in game?

Previous Article:
Dinosaurs we would Like #15 - Corythosaurus

Rarity: Common

Health: 4560

Damage: 1710

Speed: 104

Armor: 0%

Critical: 30%

Moves

Defense Shattering Strike

Armor Piercing Rampage

Ah yes, this thing that got sandwiched in between to pieces of land being controlled by a fricking purple Saichania. Went out like a badass

Hey! Remove the last word

Every dinosaurs from Dinosaur King are nice to have in this game

Daspletosaur
Rare

HP : 4500
DMG : 1550
Speed : 104
Armor : 0%
Crit chance : 40%

Defense shaterring strike
Defense shattering rampage
Revenge rampage

On escape dust cloud
Immune to swap prevention

Daspletokylosaur
[Daspletosaur + Alankylosaur]

Unique

HP : 4560
DMG : 1500
Speed : 115
Armor : 25%
Crit chance : 40%

Superiority strike
Revenge shaterring rampage
Long invicibility
Dig in

On escape dust cloud
Swap in invicibility
Immune to swap prevention

I was attempted to add SV on this unique but unless if Daspletosaur is an another sanctuary exclusive I don’t think it needs to be so powerful

oh look, its Little das

3 Likes

Daspletosaur
Epic
Hp 3950
Attack 1500
Speed 102
Armor 0%
Crit rate 15%
Dss
ferocious strike
Definite rampage
No have passive

Daspletosaurus (Rare)

HP: 3900
Damage: 1250
Speed: 117
Armor: 0%
Critical: 35%

Instant Strike (x1) (Priority)

Extended Critical Strike (x1) (+60% chance critical for 3 turns) [Cooldown: 3]

Debilitated (Reduce damage by 50% and Critical chances by 30% for the next 2 turns) [Cooldown: 2]

{Nullifying Counter} {Remove positive effects after receiving and surviving a physical attack}

1 Like

Ooh I loved watching dinosaur planet when I was young. Little das hunt was my favorite episode.

2 Likes

It was such a good series!

1 Like

my favorite episode was “white tip’s journey” and it’s thanks to that episode that I now am used to a feathered velociraptor rather than the JP/JW ones

2 Likes

Here’s my idea for Daspletosaurus:

Rare

4700 HP
1700 Attack
105 Speed
20% Critical

• Cleansing Strike
  • Armor Piercing Strike
  • Reckless Rampage [New]: 2X Armor Piercing. Destroy Shields. Recoil 25%. Delay: 0/Cooldown: 0

So it can do Rampages back to back to back, but it pays that price with its own HP. So it has to be played pretty smart, especially against evaders, where it’s RR’s may be in vain and accidentally KO yourself.

1 Like