Ludia Forums

Dinosaurs we would Like #17 - Pelecanimimus

Pelecanimimus

Bio:

Pelecanimimus is peculiar ornithomimosaur that has started to spring up in its fair share of games, toys, and media. It’s not very large compared to members of its family at 2.5 meters (8 feet) long and 55 pounds, but it does have its fair share of fascinating traits. What is unique about it is it’s strange skull that was very narrow and long, and packed with teeth. It also possessed a small fin-like crest on the back of its head, and it would’ve probably been brightly colored. It’s namesake, the modern pelican, is fitting because Pelecanimimus’s remains were found to have a throat pouch that would’ve served a similar purpose in scooping small fish. It lived in a very wet, delta environment alongside the famous Iguanodon and Concavenator in early Cretaceous Spain, and would’ve been a omnivorous fish eater. Fleet footed Pelecanimimus’s would’ve been a common sight running the in’s and out’s of the waterways, quarreling noisily with pterosaurs and crocodiles.

Interesting facts:

Summary
  • Pelecanimimus is one of only two known ornithomimids that had teeth. The other is Harpymimus. The rest, like Gallimimus, were completely toothless.
  • The La Huérguina formation where it was found has delivered fossils of unprecedented preservation. Muscle, skin, feathers, and many other types of soft tissue seem to preserve incredibly well in the prehistoric silt, to such a degree even some dinosaur colors have been able to be determined.
  • It seems that Pelecanimimus may have had the correct muscle groups and weight distribution to glide a short distance; assuming this species was feathered.
  • It’s name means “Pelican Mimic.”

Would you like to see Pelecanimimus in Jurassic World: Alive?

• Yes
  • No
  • Undecided

0 voters

How do you think it would be in game?

Previous Article:
Dinosaurs we would Like #16 - Daspletosaurus

2 Likes

Okay. Here goes nothing

Rarity: Epic

Health: 2990

Damage: 1350

Speed: 130

Armor: 0%

Critical: 5%

Moves

Evasive Strike

Impact and Run

Nullifying Rampage

Must be an epic, since we already have common and rare chickens

Btw I love your mini articles, they are very interesting

3 Likes

Pelecanimimus (Epic)

HP: 3250
Damage: 1275
Speed: 131

Evasive Strike (x1) (75% dodge for 1 turn)

Rampage and Run (x2) (Automatic Swap) [Cooldown and Delay: 1]

Debilitated Distraction (x1) (-75% damage for 2 turns) [Cooldown: 3]

{Immunity}

Pelecanimimus Gen 2 (Common)

HP: 2650
Damage: 1100
Speed: 130

Evasive Strike (x1) (75% dodge for 1 turn)

Rampage and Run (x2) (Automatic Swap)

{Immunity}

2 Likes

Pelecanimimus
Epic
Healt: 2950
DMG: 1400
Speed: 131
Crit 0
Armor 0
Moves:
Evassive strike
Distract and run (1.5 x distraction 1 turn, automatic swap)(i wolud love this move)
Distracting impact
Immune

Dude he needs a hybrid with @Dimodactylus so he will be the ultimate BIRD UP

2 Likes

I’d love that, I think I’d do this:

Pelecanimimus:

Epic

3000 HP
1400 DMG
5 crit
0 armor
131 Speed

Evasive strike
Rampage and Run
Ferocious impact

Immunity

Pelcanidilus

3400 HP
1200 DMG
5 crit
0 armor
130 Speed

Shiending Evasion (deals 1x DMG, 75% chance to dodge 66% of damage and shields 50% for 1 turn)
Lethal Wound
Instant Pinning Ferocity (Priority, deals 1x DMG, pins opponent for 2 turns and increase DMG by 50% for 2 turns, cooldown 2)
Rampage and Run

Swap in Wound
Immunity

Reminds me of Proceratomimus by aesthetics alone. Would be an interesting battle between the two. Of course Ludia would slap on the Ornith animations and probably give it some Proceratomimus kit.

Having 2 Gens would be pretty nice actually. Good idea!

1 Like

Thanks! We need more chickens (but not unbalanced like Prorat and Monom). :wink:

I’m still waiting proceras super hybrid :face_with_hand_over_mouth: with Even more HP and attack

1 Like