Ludia Forums

Dinosaurs we would Like #19 - Plateosaurus

Plateosaurus

Bio:

Probably one of only three dinosaurs most people can think of from the Triassic, Plateosaurus is exceptionally well known from media, books, toys, and so on. One of the largest animals from the entire Triassic period, Plateosaurus was up to 10 meters (33 feet) long, 4,000 kg (8,800 pounds), and about 3.6 meters (11-12 feet) tall. While it’s been discovered to be an obligate biped, meaning it could only walk on two legs, it’s actually an early member of the sauropod family called sauropodomorphs. It’s short but powerful arms, which could not pronate or bear it’s heavy weight in any quadruped position, were actually used for grasping and defense; they were tipped with robust claws and the thumb had a large shear-like spike. Plateosaurus had a small, boxy head with dozens of leaf shaped and serrated teeth made for grinding plants like high growing cycads, but interestly because of the jaw position it could also deliver a punishing bite. This may have been both for severing thick fibrous plants and for defending itself against a predator; though few were large enough to bring one down. It may have only feared Liliensternus, a large relative of Dilophosaurus. It roamed in large herds across many locations on the ancient supercontinent Pangea, and its fossils have been found in much of Europe and North America. In its day it was a desert dweller spending its time trekking from one waterhole and feeding ground to the next, browsing in whatever groves it could find.

Interesting facts:

Summary
  • Plateosaurus had growth variety almost like humans. Instead of always hitting an understood size maximum like majority of other dinosaurs, adults would vary wildly in their maximum size. Some would’ve reached the full 10 meters long, others may have only gotten to 8 or maybe as low as 5.
  • Plateosaurus is the fifth named dinosaur in scientific history, in 1834. It was named before dinosaurs were classified as a family, and it wasn’t understood to be a dinosaur at all for years.
  • Three different sites in Germany where Plateosaurus is best known from are filled with 97% Plateosaurus remains. This is extremely unusual for a fossil bed being almost entirely one species and no young or juveniles among them. It seems to be that these fossil sites were sandpits in the desert and the weaker adults were unable to free themselves, sinking below the sand in the Triassic sun.
  • It’s name means “Broad Lizard.”

Would you like to see Plateosaurus in Jurassic World: Alive?

• Yes
  • No
  • Undecided

0 voters

How do you think it would be in game?

Previous Article:
Dinosaurs we would Like #18 - Carcharodontosaurus

1 Like

Looks like Plateosaurus needs a new animation. So…

Rarity: Rare

Health: 3750

Damage: 1180

Speed: 117

Armor: 0%

Critical: 10%

Moves

Superiority Strike

Nullifying Impact

Precise Rampage

Plateosaurus (Epic)

HP: 3950
Damage: 1350
Speed: 125
Armor: 15%
Critical: 15%

Direct Strike (x1) (Cleanse Distraction)

Powerful Multiplier (x1.5) (If make a Critical hit, the damage becomes x3) [Cooldown: 1]

Furious prolonged speed (x2) (Each turn, increases speed by + 2,5%) [Cooldown: 2]

Plateosaurus Gen 2 (Common)

HP: 3650
Damage: 1300
Speed: 123
Armor: 0%
Critical: 5%

Multiplier Strike (x1) (If make a Critical hit, the damage becomes x2)

Direct Rampage (x2) (Cleanse Distraction) [Cooldown: 1]

{On Escape Speed} {When opponent’s try to escape, Gain +25% speed for 2 turns}

In Cooperative mode: Your extended speed skills will work for the entire team! (Extended Speed: + 2.5% speed for the whole team)

1 Like

I hope the in game skin looks kinda like the WWD one just for Nostalgia

1 Like

Plateosaurus
Epic
Hp 4200
Atk 1200
Speed 117
Armor 0%
Crit rate 10%
Move set
Superior strike
Critical impact
Nullify and run ( nullify the positive effect and swap)
Passive
Run out ( when swap from ability this dino will not take damage )( example escape on rampage from titanoboa)

I’ve never heard of it before.

I would like to see plateosaurus in the game. We need some Triassic dinosaurs, and I hope it’s not eoraptor (which will probably be the raptor rig) or herrarosaurus (the dilo rig). There isn’t a single animation set that this guy fits in, so it would be nice to see what Ludia does.

2 Likes

Agree. Plateosaurus needs its own animation

1 Like

If it uses the Gallimimus animation then I’ll be disappointed

1 Like

Yeah, that?

I almost think they would shoehorn it into the therizino animation, which would also be disappointing.

Although it would be pretty funny to see it swing those puny claws around.

2 Likes

plateosaurus, the o mighty one always getting stuck in some mud

Plateosaurus

Rarity: epic
Health: 4900
Attack: 1200
Speed: 117
Armor: 10%
Critical: 5

Superior vulnerability
Extended critical strike
Revenge protection

Passive: on escape dust cloud
Immune to stun
Immune to deceleration

Plateosuchus
Rarity: legendary
Ingredients: plateosaurus + postosuchus
Health: 4680
Attack: 1000
Speed: 120
Armor: 20%
Critical: 30%
No escape
Immune to DoT

Shielding slowing strike
Superiority impact
Ferocious impact
Dig in

And the remaining 2 are Coelophysis and Eoraptor, right?

1 Like

Either Eor or Herarra

1 Like

Most the time it seems like Coelophysis and Herrerasaurus are the Triassic trifecta with Plateosaurus

1 Like

The image you’ve used is actually Aardonyx.

Just working with what google gave me :man_shrugging: looked like a Plateosaurus to me

The Walking With Dinosaurs Plato is the best (as everything from this series :heart_eyes: )