Ludia Forums

Dinosaurs we would Like #6 - Shunosaurus

Shunosaurus

Bio:

A sauropod made popular by not being quite so gentle as it’s family, Shunosaurus is well known for its spiked tail club. It was a much smaller sauropod than most at about 9.5 meters (36 feet) long, only 3 tons, and one of the shortest necks amongst all sauropods. This short neck and small body for a sauropod meant it was well equipped to browse the low growing vegetation between the tight tree growth of the rainforest. This small size however left it at a disadvantage against large carnivores, meaning it was perfectly on the menu for Jurassic Sichuan, China’s many predators, including the giant apex of the region: Yangchuanosaurus. To defend itself, it had a twin horned bone club formed out of an adapted vertebrae at the end of its whiplike tail. The mass of that bone club paired with the incredible velocity that would be generated with a tail whip could strike down a would-be attacker in a single blow. It would’ve otherwise enjoyed relative peace in the lush haven of the Jurassic rainforests full of a diversity of sauropods, stegosaurs, and orithopods.

Interesting facts:

Summary
  • Shunosaurus was very common in its day, which has resulted in many specimens being preserved to study as fossils. 90% of the fossils recovered in the Dashanpu region belong to Shunosaurus. It is perhaps the most complete sauropod genus known today.
  • Shunosaurus lived in a unparalleled biologically diverse area, comparable to the Amazon rainforest. It lived with countless dinosaur, pterosaur, and even aquatic creatures who made their way into the rivers from the open sea. Notable species from the Shaximiao formation include Mamenchisaurus, Yangchuanosaurus, Tuojiangosaurus, Gigantspinosaurus, and Omeisaurus.
  • It’s name means “Shu Lizard,” in honor of where it was found in Sichuan, China.

Would you like to see Shunosaurus in Jurassic World: Alive?

• Yes
  • No
  • Undecided

0 voters

How do you think it would be in game?

Previous Article:
Dinosaurs we would Like #5 - Pterodactylus

2 Likes

Here goes nothing

Rarity: Rare

Health: 6570

Damage: 1060

Speed: 107

Armor: 0%

Critical 5%

Moves

Pinning Strike

Decelerating Impact

Short Defense

Shunosaurus {Common}

HP: 4500
Damage: 1125
Speed: 106
Armor: 10%
Critical: 10%

Long Decelerating Strike (x1) (-50% speed for 2 turns)
Lockdown Impact (x1.5) (Cannot Swap for 2 turns) [Cooldown: 1]

{On Escape Heal} {When opponent’s try to escape to leave, Cleanse self and Heal 25% of Max HP}

My go:

Common:
5800 HP
1300 DMG
20 crit
0 armor
104 speed

Superior Vulnerability
Devastation

Immune to DoT

Shunosaurus
Rarity: Epic

Stats

• Health: 5700
  • Attack: 1400
  • Speed: 102
  • Armor: 0%
  • Crit: 5%

Moves

• Pinning strike
  • Decelerating rampage
  • Devastation
  • Swap in slow
  • Immune to vulnerable

Shunosaurus
Epic:
Stats:5200
Attack:1250
Speed:110
Armor:0
Crit:10

Shielded strike
Piercing thagomizer (1.5x armor piercing damage, decel 3 turns, coldown 2)
Precise rampage

Minimum vulnerability counter attack (.25x vulnerability 1 turn)

On scape strike

10%
Long Decel strike
Extended Crit Strike
Rampage
Medium Counter
Immune to Decel

1 Like

5500 HP
1100 ATK
109 Speed
5% Crit Chance
Superiority Pinning Strike
Def. Shield Advantage
Decel Rampage

Immune from Being Pinned. Im thinking that all sauropods should have this, this would be their distinguishing factor. Like the turtles have Immune to DoT, etc.

1 Like

Love that Extended Crit Strike

Shunosaurus (Rare)

Health: 5200
Attack: 1100
Speed: 106
Armor: 10%
Crit: 5%

Moves:

Superior Vulnerability

Decelerating Impact

Long Defense

Immune to Vulnerability

Anky as a sauropod?

1 Like

Why should a sauropod be immune to dot? That makes no sense for me

You can’t just randomly give immunity to creature

baHAdasaurus you forgot me.

That’s basically what it is. An ankylosaur who fulfilled it’s dream of becoming a sauropod.

1 Like

It makes no sense in Bajadasaurus and shouldn’t be given to any other sauropods. Dot immunity should be given only to turtles, bleeders are useless enough

Maybe because of the spikes perhaps

Really like the creative kit ideas you guys have!

On a side note, do you all like these one-shots of popular creatures we don’t have yet?

1 Like

I like it. Although I prefer creatures that needs more attention to the game, I think it’s fair for popular creatures to be in the game, like Tyrannosaurus, since it got a lot of appearances

1 Like