Ludia Forums

Dinosaurs we would Like #7 - Yutyrannus

Yutyrannus

Bio:

Made popular in part by scientific discovery and in part by gaming appearances, Yutyrannus is the largest dinosaur known to have feathers. While related to the Tyrannosaur family, it’s actually a proceratosaurid; and the largest and latest surviving known of its kind. Tipping the scales at 9 meters (30 feet) long and 1.3 tons, it was a large yet slender predator capable of impressive speed. Most notably it was covered in a full coat of filamentous feathers, wavy horn-like eyelet crests, a rigid and low central crest, and 3 clawed fingers unlike advanced Tyrannosaurs having only 2. The coat of dense and hollow feathers were a must in Early Cretaceous northern China; the biome in which Yutyrannus lived was harsh and unforgiving with only a brief time of the year having warm weather. Volcanic eruptions and forest fires were frequent, and heavy snowfall was common in the taiga and conifer mountain forests. Nevertheless, Yutyrannus was well adapted and sat comfortably near the top of the food chain, and the cold weather Yixian formation had many thriving dinosaur species living alongside it.

Interesting facts:

Summary
  • As Yutyrannus grew older in age it’s legs shortened and it’s skull grew deeper. This means that it became less of a pursuit predator and more capable of tackling heavy prey. But even an old individual could still run 30-40 mph!
  • Yutyrannus was undoubtedly savage, but even it yielded to an unindentified apex predator. A local titanosaur, Dongbeititan, has recorded fossil remains of a rib with half of a carcharodontosaur tooth impeded in it. Whatever was capable of slaying such a colossus was something not to be trifled with.
  • The Yixian formation in Liaoning, China was full of feathered dinosaurs, no doubt because of the cold ancient climate. It’s home to not just the record holder for largest feathered dinosaur Yutyrannus, but also the previous record holder Beipiaosaurus, and also the first dinosaur known to have feathers at all: Sinocalliopteryx. Other notable dinosaurs that can be found here include Psittacosaurus, Sinornithosaurus, and Dilong.
  • It’s name means “Feathered Tyrant,” derived partly from Chinese.

Would you like to see Yutyrannus in Jurassic World: Alive?

• Yes
  • No
  • Undecided

0 voters

How do you think it would be in game?

Previous Article:
Dinosaurs we would Like #6 - Shunosaurus

5 Likes

Hmm? Let’s see

Rarity: Rare

Health: 4530

Damage: 1690

Speed: 105

Armor: 0%

Critical: 20%

Moves

Defense Shattering Strike

Nullifying Impact

Instant Rampage

Passive: Immune to Damage over time

Why did I add immune to Damage over time you may ask? Because of its fur thing or whatever it is

1 Like

I would love it. It is so fluffy!

3 Likes

I have idea for new yutyrannus it have ability to fear enemy dino like ARK to make enemy dino can’t get positive effect and reduce damage
Sorry for bad English

1 Like

Welcome to the forum. Well, I mostly do stuff that’s related to inside of the game, not fanmade

Ok thanks :+1:

Good choices for movesets, however I’d suggest lowering its hp a bit and reducing it to a rare rather than an epic, we already have 4-5 epic chompers thus far and only 1 rare chomper (rex gen 2).

Okay. I’ll lower it

What type of animations is the yutyrannus going to have? The medium theropods (majungasaurus), the bary one or the tyrannosaurids one?

1 Like

I think it like majungasaurus

Yutyrannus (Epic)

HP: 4000
Damage: 1300
Speed: 118
Armor: 0%
Critical: 35%

Persistent Critical Strike (x1) (Increase Critical chance by 50% for 2 turns)

Instant Impact (x1.5) (Priority) [Cooldown: 1]

Debilitated (Reduce damage by 50% and Critical chances by 30% for the next 2 turns) [Cooldown: 2]

{Nullifying Counter} {Remove positive effects after receiving and surviving a physical attack}

I believe big therapod

That pretty good

In my view, “Yuty” wouldn’t have animations from “Majunga” or “Rex”, but uniques animations (just like Pachy and Mammoth)

1 Like

0%
30%
Definite Strike
DSR
Adrenaline Pulse
On Escape Rampage

That’s cool, in his animation we could also include herrerasaurus

1 Like

That’s a cool idea, I support this :+1:

2 Likes

This is my yutyrannus idea
Hp 3900
Attack 1200
Speed 109
Armor 0%
Crit rate 20%
Move set
Armor piercing strike
Armor piercing impact
Terrify roar ( Priority make opponent fear for 2 turn The fear effect will make opponent have 66% to cancel their move set and it can’t immune but can clean) delay 1 cooldown 1
Passive
Immune to distraction
And it a epic
Why it can fear opponent because I got this idea from ARK survival evolution in ARK when dino was fear it will run away from yutyrannus

Now that is cool. So this mystery Charcharodontosaur hasn’t been named yet? I assume it’s only known from the tooth?
Is it possible that it scavenged off an already dead Dongbeititan?
Whatever it is, I want that in the game too.

1 Like

It’s still under study by a Chinese university, so it’s still currently unnamed. It’s only known by the broken tooth and some deep carcharodontosaur footprints left in prehistoric ash. The original thesis was that it was scavenging, but a more recent thesis explains that the angle and puncture from the tooth that impacted it there was an active (and successful) kill attempt

It’s interesting since there’s almost no evidence of carcharodontosaurs in asia except for Shaochilong, but Shaochilong existed 20 million years after Yutyrannus and the Yixian formation. So this one might’ve been a neovenatorid like Neovenator or Siats. If it was like them, Siats meekerorum from the US is known to have reached lengths of over 40 feet.

1 Like