Diorajasaur- A post to share thoughts about Diorajasaur

First, I think that Diorajasaur should be different than Trykosaurus. Also the swap in Ferocity was the main reason I liked to use Diorajasaur. I liked what he was able to do before and think that it is less fun to use him now.

1 Like

It seems you guys got too bored and wanted to change the game too much. Many of the dinosaurs are less fun to play with now.

2 Likes

I like that Swap in Ferocity is removed. It locks her down for 2 turns before you can switch her out and it mostly mean lethal. That is the main reason I bench her a long time ago and use Megalosuchus instead. Now she suit my use case perfectly. An armored full counter attacker which I can freely swap in/out of battle as I see fit. With the new move set you can choose when to be aggressive or defensive.

1 Like

Diorajasaur is my all time favourite dinosaur~ He shares the same but also very different compared to Trykosaurus. Dioraja depends heavily on his 1x definite counter attack which bypass armor, shield, cloak and evasion, and this is where his unique power come from. Imo, in this patch 1.7, Dioraja has grown into the most deadly counter-attack beast! Really hope that Lydia will buff his counter attack to be 1.25x/1.5x in the coming patch since both his ancestors raja and tuojiang have counter attack (1 + 0.25 = 1.25) :wink:

3 Likes

Stat buff was cool
But rework his skill make Just à tryko 1.2
Counter is better but stat tryko is better.
Sure counter dodge is cool But dioraja need to be attacked to do dammage.
Tryko can kill before and save his life.

Give swap distractions for dioraja can give him more interesting.

2 Likes

I love my diorajasaur. It’s become my team powerhouse. It seems there aren’t many of them, at least not enough for most players to figure out how to play against it well. I like to play very defensively, make battles kinda drawn out and annoying, and try to get my opponent to make dumb swaps.

1 Like

I’ve had no trouble beating Diorajas in 1.7 (or before) - stun them, bleed them or rat them, which surprises me based on the release notes. I was about to level my Dioraja to L24 and substitue L25 nerfed Monostego or L25 Spinota, but I stick with my old friends, who still are better in my view. And even if I at the moment have extra Ankylo, it is probably wise to save for for levelling my Tryko.

1 Like

I had my Dioraja sitting on the bench simply because until the change of version, it was almost never useful. I asked that their capacities be increased and that is what they did in this version so in this aspect I am happy and I can not complain. Anyway, I would have preferred that they had not changed their design so much to make a “Tryko 2”. Anyway, as I said, very happy … God save the Dio! :slight_smile:

Well he is different from tryko: his counter attack currently cant be distracted. Its probably a bug, but its a difference :wink:

Well this got my attention.

As for Dio, it just sits on the bench.
It takes too much resources to usurp one of my current 8 as it is. Then factor in it would also need boosts? Not going to happen.
It’s not even Dio’s fault. From here on out all dinosaurs even fantastic ones will always be too far behind to be relevant with current game mechanics.

3 Likes

Is there really a bug? I didn’t notice. Every time I use her, I don’t find any problem with the counter attack.
Could you say more on this bug?

Interesting thoughts and feedback, I find Diorajasaur to be less effective now, was one of my 2 favorite Dino’s / creatures and now am considering benching

2 Likes

I unlocked it before 1.7, but I put it back into my team after 1.7 was launched, and even levelled and boosted it up. It is more viable now, with 2 same moves as Tryko plus 1X Precise counter attack. I have used it to kill Stegod 2 levels higher, Indor, Erlidom (with some luck to hit through cloak) and Utasino (forgot their levels). Dio is better than before but still there are counters like immune dinos and chompers.

I took it off my team. It’s no longer fun, it’s just the same boring braindead playstyle as Trykosaurus.

Distracting Impact what gave its identity. Superiority strike was a good change, but all it needed were the new stats.

The new kit was a mistake and now it’s just a Trykosaurus copycat.

2 Likes

I really agree with you on that. I don’t have Dio yet and even though I like it, it is just way to much like Tryko. This is why I’m going for Grypo, it seems like a much more fun creature to use in the arena.

1 Like

I’m curious, by “braindead” do you mean the pattern used to play it? I think that’s only “braindead” when other players do exactly what they’re expected to do and you play to counter their moves. Anyway, I thought Thor was the braindead play these days.

1 Like

I absolutely dislike the ammount of Instant Distraction + Instant Invincibility dinosaurs.

For Ankyntroll, I can kinda get it. Trykosaurus… Yeah, okay, let it be.

But Diorajasaurus had a well-defined and different playstyle. The SIA was fun and it was the only creature with both SIA ferocity and a Distracting Impact.

Dio would have been perfectly fine with just the Stat buffs and maybe one spell changed (Superiority strike). But they changed literally everything on it to the point it’s just the same “use your strongest attack then spam the priority moves” like Trykosaurus.

I mean that’s… not exactly how I’ve played/seen it played, but I’m also not in the Aviary. In Marshes/Ruins, where Utasino is king, I use Superiority often. While I definitely miss the old build, since I swapped her in a lot as an execute before 1.7, and I still swap her for bleed/stun, I like having something that can handle all the speedy little pests and even the few tanks that keep popping up. Her obvious weakness is still the big shield-breakers, since she can only reduce their damage for one turn, and without the distraction, she would have absolutely no chance against them. While it might seem boring, that change to her moves makes some sense, though I wouldn’t have minded a distracting rampage or something instead.

I don’t know much about Tryko because I don’t have one myself, but I’d say Dio is preferable for requiring planning of her moves instead of just decimating her opponent’s damage and crunching them to death. Even with her buff, she’s still too fragile for that. Trying to predict whether your opponent will distract you first, cleanse, defense-shatter, etc, is the fun part of using her.

Diorajasaur is still one of my top two dinos

Strange thing… I’m still not impressed by the Dios I meet at 5000-5300 battle points, but: At the moment, every single top 10 player use Dio, along with Tryko, Erlidom and Thor. So in the right hands it obviously is a top dino. Is it that it doesn’t need speed boosts to be great?

1 Like