Ludia Forums

Diplodocus Design

Is it only me or the Diplodocus design is wrong his neck and tail aren’t as long as they suppose to be.

This is just an observation I do think the dinosaurs in this game are beautiful.

5 Likes

Ik.
Like everything else, this game has designs that dont fit.
But the animation team and the art team should get a huge raise.
Like, the brachiosaurus was smaller than the argentinosaurus and the diplodocus.
There are a bunch of other things, too.

4 Likes

It’s the same for allosaurus… It was smaller than it appears in the game

3 Likes

Well, I wouldn’t necessarily say the Brachiosaurus was significantly smaller to Diplodocus. Diplodocus was ungodly long, but Brachiosaurus is much more robustly built and is heavier so you would need to specify if size is determined with mass or length.

In fact, the general consensus is that Diplodocus hallorum is around 35 meters with around 15-30 metric tons. Brachiosaurus is 18-21 meters with 28+ metric tons.

TL;DR: It’s the same situation as with T-Rex and Spinosaurus, one is longer but much more light built while the other is a muscled powerhouse.

5 Likes

I dont have anything against this.
I’m not a paleontologist, I just judge from pictures.

2 Likes

I am neither, I just consider myself an obsessive dino nerd. :sweat_smile:

But I agree that the Diplodocus in-game looks disproportionate. It looks like a punk Apatosaurus.

And Argentinosaurus needs to be bigger. Apatosaurus as well, since the sauropod modell is barely larger than T-Rex, and that only makes sense for Amargasaurus (Amargasaurus is a midget).

3 Likes

I agree, this is a visually satisfying game! So much talent has been sewn into this game. I just can’t stop looking at it! :crazy_face::heart_eyes::sparkling_heart:

4 Likes

Most photographs of dinosaurs are fake.

3 Likes

Oh dear, that’s hilarious to me this morning, @MementoMori!

I am fascinated by the digital reconstruction of a human face just from the skull. Same with dinosaurs, how? How do we really know? I’m amazed.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Honestly, there a consensus that depictions are not accurate. There was an article that recreated what turkeys and geese look like if we reconstructed them the same we did dinos. So the dinos may be grossly inacurate in appearance because of underestimating how the muscle and skin is.

1 Like

Yes I’ve been thinking that for sometime about Allosaurus. It’s a lot smaller👍

1 Like

Hey after what they did to the velociraptor, genetic manipulation can be an excuse for everything!

1 Like

I think in the JW2 movie it was pretty small too compared to like Trex or even Carno… it was pretty close to the size of Indoraptor.

They did say that the Allosaurus that was at the auction was a juvenile. Would explain the smaller size.

2 Likes

I wasn’t talking about the movie :yum:. Science facts say that allo was 2 meters high and 1 ton weight, (aprox), so should be smaller​:thinking:

2 Likes