Ludia Forums

Disappointed in final boss

I saw someone else say this recently, but I am kind of disappointed with the final boss. I don’t have anyone over level 10 and I beat him quite easily. Earlier bosses were much tougher and took more strategy to defeat.

2 Likes

Hey Mkb617, thank you for the feedback. I’ll be sure to pass this back along to our team.

1 Like

Same Happened For Me!

I like Qholillaroon a lot actually. It is awes9me watching him rise form the brain pool. I wish that played during the challenge levels. He’s fun because he mixes up the fight without being a repetition like Argathakul or a one trick ponynlike the Anvil of Dumathoin or Heart or Wherever. Mynonly complain is that his Domination attack never misses,

3 Likes

Qholillaroon has a pattern. If there’s interest I can write it up.

Q’s domination attack, just the Bard’s, does occasionally miss.

1 Like

I like the looks of him and I think the power he uses where’re he copies himself is cools. I am just saying it was too easy to beat. I am not sure how to make it any tougher though so I won’t complain anymore than I did lol

2 Likes

After playing through it a few more times by far the hardest part about it is the Domination attack. This actually gets worse as your team improves because now you’re killing Qholillaroon quicker so instead of the Domination attacks happening in his level where you can recover, it gets carried on into the next level where enemies are harder while you’re also having to try to deal with the traitor character’s attacks. Next time I see his Domination attack miss will be the first.

2 Likes

How do you play through it more than once? The adventure tab disappeared after I beat it

1 Like

Challenge mode. Usually my traitor character does more damage than the enemies in the next room, and I limp into the second room with one or two characters at best.

1 Like

Ah ok. When I started post I was referring to the final boss in adventure mode. I guess I didn’t say that but since each dungeon in challenge mode is separate from the other I didn’t think I needed to.

1 Like

Also I agree with the domination thing and have had that happen. I don’t know about regular D&D but I think once you kill the character that cast the domination spell it should no longer be in effect since that person would no longer be there to “dominate” the person it was cast on.

1 Like

That Would Be Nice,:sneezing_face::mask: Caughing…Ludia…Caughing…:sneezing_face::mask::face_with_monocle::upside_down_face::joy::grin:LOL!!!

Yeah, and they seem to have done that in PvP in the last week or so. Just wish they’d fix it with Qholillaroon.

1 Like

I​:eyeglasses::eyes: They Did Too… Well Least We Know There Listen :smirk::smiley:

They didn’t seem to have it fixed today for me. I killed the guy who cast the dominate spell and my character stayed dominated

1 Like

This is what i do again him:

Qholillaroon’s damage is negligable which makes me use 2 differents tactics when i face him.
Q will use his dominate on the third, 6, 9, 12 and so on turns.
So if i can kill him during turn 1-2 then i am good and move on without having a “Traitor in my group”.
But if i do get to turn 3 and he dominates my team, i will "skip my turn, buff or heal myself to be prepared for the next room.
In the case that i get dominated, i’ll wait the 2 turns of the dominate, THEN i need to kill him, i’ll have 1 turn to finish him off or he’ll dominate again.
If he dominate my cleric, i have no chances: he’ll kill my teamates there isn’t anything i can do about it because he is my hardest single target hiter.
All of the other one, i just hope for no crits.

Most of the challenge’s rooms, i do NOT need my damage dealing spells such as “Arcana Manual” (wizard’s rare book) so i can use this on Q to try to finish him off before the turn 3 mark.

Most of my plays against him goes as follow: Move wizard, cleric and warlock. Archer attacks and normally proc his aoe attack to kill all the Q illusions. Then use my 4 strike spell (wiz, 4x 2000) on the boss: dead or almost. It depends if my warlock and cleric did procs their “attack on move” boots spell.

1 Like

Here is my latest fight with Q on room 9 (hardest boss, technically) in the game.
So I started by moving in the warlock, and cleric (got 1 hit proc from epic boots)

I got a fury proc from the wizard, 2 more hits!!

And then from there Q used his illusions and pulled my warlock IN.

I used my aoe dmg reduction do kill all the illusions so the wizzard would do OP dmg.

Hell is about to rain down on Q

Did more than half is health with 1 ability. Also, nice screenshot of the fury proc that killed Q.
I got a 17 (1750 gold) roll and so this is a win!

1 Like

I just though about it.
But on Q’s secondturn, if my archer didn’t kill him, Q would have either pushed my cleric (because he’s in melee range and gets scared) or would have pulled my archer in the mid lane.

So knowing that, sometimes on my first turn i do not move in my wizard because i know that he might get pulled in and so i’ll have 1 more action to just hit him.

I keep in mind that i have between 8 and 12 actions on him before he dominate one of my teamates, it all depends on the initiative at the start.

1 Like

Quil always dominates the furthest back character, so I send my Fighter back there before dominate hits (the pants that trigger a free action help move him faster). I also keep my cleric in his dispel pants (which for me are a 100% proc to restore three characters).

If I can’t free tommus with my dispel pants at least he does the least damage of any of my characters.

And like others have said, use skip turn if you have to, to make sure dominate is gone before going to the next room

My biggest problem with dominate is that it doesn’t scale down for the first boss on challenge level, so it ends up hitting harder than any other attack there. They should probably make it last one round there to be in sync with the reduced difficulty level

1 Like

Thank you, had no idea it was the “furthest back”. Hope it’s true. Will adjust my gameplay.

1 Like