Ludia Forums

Discussion on the flock category

What are the requisites that can make a creature a flock type besides the relevant small size? Like, Dimorphodon and Darwinopterus are kinda small, could they be changed to flock category? What creatures could be added with this feature, even considering new models and rigs?
Let me know what you guys think.

2 Likes

I guess a big part is their size, since it would be underwhelming to have 1 compy kill a giant thing and so groups I guess emphasize how they’re dangerous in groups. So since my guess on what makes creatures flock creatures is their size, I would assume things like microraptor and archeopteryx however u spell it can be flock creatures.

5 Likes

I thought of feathered pterosaurs being a category, with others being small mammals (a favourite of mine would be Cynognathus), as well as small herbivores

1 Like

Yeah, I guess that thing would work as a flock creature though I am not 100% sure
I would guess that anything that’s bellow the human knee would count, but then that raises questions about others like dimorphodon I guess

1 Like

I mean, additionally it has to do with creature behavior. Compies hunt in groups and are small creatures. Same for Dodos, kinda. So it would be most likely for creatures that tend to herd or flock together, and are relatively small.

4 Likes

The Dimorphodons are actually pretty big in the new Camp Cretaceous teaser, roughly almost half the size of a human! So I don’t think the small Pterosaurs would fit with the Flock mechanic

plus they would have to rearrange the entire small Pterosaur code to make that possible which I don’t think will ever happen!

2 Likes

Do the compys and dodos share the same animations? If they do, that might be a prerequisite (for now). I don’t have either one, so I just don’t know.

Unless there’s a major rework to the combat system I dont see any of the current animals being changed into flocks, perhaps if they get a Gen 2 version that could be a flock instead.
As for the requirements it just seems to be small? Dodo isn’t exactly a pack hunter. Though I wouldn’t be surprised if something like Gallimimus gen 2 was a flock.

1 Like

They don’t

3 Likes

Ark players: NO NOT THE MICRORAPTOR!!!

4 Likes

Maybe they could add a super rare flock like all the JW raptors or Microraptors and Gen 2 versions of The JW raptors would be super neon versions?

Maybe small dinosaur they haven’t added yet like Hypsiliphodon, Micro raptor and Microceratops ( I think that’s how you spell it)

1 Like

flashback to when a microraptor knocked me off my thyla and a raged sloth killed me

2 Likes

I guess ludia won’t rework creatures in different categories otherwise they would have added them as flocks all along . Besides dimorphodon and darwinopterus are actually as big as a real life velociraptor and there is even a giant one called Caelestiventus. So here is a list of all creatures that could be flocks

• Cynognathus
  • thrinaxodon
  • lycaneops
  • Meganeura (well Meganeura could technically work as a non flock creature)
  • diictodon
  • dinictis
  • leptictidium
  • diictodon
  • ichtyornis
  • hesperonis
  • peltephillus
  • segisaurus
  • eoraptor
  • archaopteryx
  • microraptor
  • shuvuuia
  • mononykus
  • yi qi
  • microceratus
  • euparkeria
  • lagosuchus
  • anatosuchus
2 Likes

Bin there, done that, if it comes to JWA, let it burn in hell

2 Likes

I like your list, but if we want to be realistic, Ludia could just make some them of another non-flock rig with the excuse that JW genetists made them inaccurate (eg. I can see a Lystro having a Moschops rig)

2 Likes

Yep. Besides we don’t know how big the dominion Lystrosaurus is gonna be so he probably will be a non flock

2 Likes

look at that compy. He’s so happy! :grin:

3 Likes

Also I found a pretty good strat for the compy and at least how I think it should be played.
Basically you can have it come in against something that it can kill, weather faster or slower then use the scurry move.

2 Likes

I love how you captured it with the little crystal crown on its head

1 Like