Disgusted by changes to Dino Abilities

Did they really have to change Dino’s abilities! Built up reasonably strong team but now a lot weaker. Cloak and Dodge only 50 percent effective, same but only block 66 percent of damage and Draconex and Hybrid no longer have shield destroying swap in attacks. Other Dino’s similarly effected.
Disgusted, with time effort, DNA and boosts put into Dino’s which are no longer that effective, based on ability changes. Would like my boosts given back so can reallocate based on changing of Dino abilities. It is only fair to have opportunity to reallocate boosts as they have changed Dino abilities.

6 Likes

Not ludia fault you pumped boosts into level a non super hybrid OP rat.
And now that dodge can’t swing matches unfairly anymore you will need to use skill and strategy instead of Rattegy and luck.

22 Likes

If it makes you feel any better I had a match where they tried to rat my Carnotarkus but it survived due to my armour and the rats no longer piercing swap in, and my counter killers the low health rat and I won.

2 Likes

Using a Dino"s abilities is skill. If the ones you used and had boosted were similarly effected - you wouldn’t be calling them rats!
I had similar happen in another game were changed abilities and they returned the in game boosts - so could reallocate based on game changes. That is only fair, stop going on about being beaten by Dino ability - they all have them!

4 Likes

Draco gets a huge buff. You will soon get used to the change in the swap in ability.

If anything it just got better. Disappointing for me but a good news for all Draco users.

2 Likes

I agree most part, but dodge change is big one especially when the Dino have that MOVE is now became useless MOVE (I am especially talking about Indoraptor who is now crap).

4 Likes

When your dinosaur dodges 6 times and causes you to win the match eclven though you were losing that’s not fair, RNG should play a roll in matches, not totally change the outcome.
I have a level 28 Indoraptor and still agree with the change to dodge.

And reason why Draco is called rat is cause it looks like a rat face, has rat in its name and the arena was infested with them. Ergo Rat.
DracoceRATops.

Plus rat got a buff to damage, only difference ow is that players won’t be swapping in and out constantly anymore, and we can counter it due to armour or shields.

You shouldn’t want to win simply coz something is OP anyway.

3 Likes

I don’t think you should get your boosts back, it was your choice to boost something that was OP and flavour of the month.

Never good to invest so heavily Into a non unique or super hybrid legendary as they could get hybrid.

Also honestly who didn’t see a rat nerf coming a mile away? I did so avoided wasting coins and boosts on it.

Original poster are you one of the players who pumped tons of boosts into rat and then just swaps in and out the whole match? I call that using Rattegy. And it’s a filthy tactic. If you are one of them sucked in

8 Likes

If you have to compete against T-Rex or Indominus Rex with 150 plus speed or Dino so stunned by one of Super Hybrids it can’t attack , then it is a tactic. But not just the Rat as you call it , several other of hybrids have had abilities removed.
Lydia created Draco, if change its abilities player should be given opportunity to reallocate. If was one of Dino’s you favoured, your opinion would be same.

2 Likes

Ludia gotta buff, Ludia gotta nerf … thus has it always been and will always be; you pay your coin/dna, you take your chances.

4 Likes

I still dont get why people get salty when that one time someone dodges 6x. Ive faced it a few times, but I got better and built up a team with variety and strength. Just learn to counter it, get over it, and learn to adapt with new times. Like me, even though Im kinda pissed that evasive mechanics/moves got nerfed, it helped me win a match that I wouldve lost. (I hit through a cloaking indom). Though I might have to drop procera off my team…:sweat:

3 Likes

Idk why my post got removed, but anyways restating it: I dont get why players who face opponents that dodge 6x stay salty from that experience for a really long time. Learn how to counter dinos properly, get over past losses, and adapt continuously to new changes to the game. Like me, even though I was greatly disappointed towards the evasive nerf, I learned to adapt to it. This new change actually helped me win, to a battle I wouldve lost if new evasive mechanics werent a thing. Though, I still dont appreciate the nerf, I still adapted to it.

3 Likes

Oh, yeah, sure, dodge is noskill, but spamming Trykosaurus, Thoradolosaurus or Diloracheirus like a monkey is soooooo skillful. :roll_eyes:

9 Likes

Evasion/cloack moves not supposed to be nerfed i dont saw in any game what skill work like this now… They can nerf chance to dodge but not let get dmg. Its total nonse ehy i have to receive dmg if its work… And again we have bunch of dinos who break those skills so why we need them now?

6 Likes

One last thought, a Dodge is a natural ability of all small animals Inc Dino’s, reason being not many life points, so it’s only defence. Probably was one of last remaining natural abilities in the game. 100 percent shields, 90 percent distraction, invisibility X 2 attack - those are equally if not more unfair.
Cheers D

2 Likes

Because NO dino should have the possibility to take no damage in 3 hits, let alone stand no damage in 6 hits. Thats why the dodge mechanism needed a nerf.

And dont give me that “you need to put nullify dinos in your team argument” because in any other situation, even if you have no counters for a particulary move, you will always take damage away from your opponent within 3 turns.

1 Like

Hey chill. Im entitled to my own opinion, and you to yours. Besides its a mobile game, not a [insert something that actually matters]

1 Like

I personally use Draco and I find it better now, I spent boosts on it and now I have to actually use some strategy if I want to swap him in and do the right amount of damage to kill the opponent. If they have a shield up, then I weaken them enough to where I know Draco can take them out, same with armor. All in all, pretty good with 1.8s balancing. Even Indom is still viable, since he has the health to survive multiple hits. Although Indo might be done for, I wouldn’t know, I don’t have it yet.

1 Like

Yeah Draco is not nerfed it damages more now. No point to send a magna out. It will just get ratted. Hardly any point to send anything out except a boosted Thor these days. I’m not even doing bad or dropping its just getting old. This game is 100% focused around Dracoceratops.

I also hate the new evasive cloak. It should never do 100% damage if its always going to cause damage. Might aswell replace that move. I used it today for a test with Indom and sure enough it just died. Pointless af. Dodging isn’t less skilled than repeating instant distract/counter or sending a stupid rat in. It was part of the game, now its completely diminished. Lots of dinos with a useless move out there. That move needs a replacement asap.

Thanks for limiting more dinos trying to force the rat on us. Meh still passing its on the bench.

3 Likes

You mean continue using an over boosted thor and not cry about dodgers as much anymore… gotcha!

Honestly… the dodge nerf isn’t terrible… but it should be 90% chance of dodging 66%… unless they add a 1x damage tip the dodge move there is no point in wasting a dodging move really…

Why play dodgeball if your games too get hit by at least part of the ball

3 Likes