Diversity for Diversity’s Sake: A Mega-list of How New Types Would Shake Things Up

So we’ve seen how the devs are trying to segment the animal types into different functions and uses. Ceratopsians are swap ins, Ornithomimosaurs are dodgy, Theropods chomp etc.

We like diversity, it makes it interesting to see all sorts of things on teams. It also makes the meta more diverse. Rock-Paper-Scissors becomes Rock-Paper-Scissors-Spock-Lizard-Tree… yadda yadda so on so on. The game state becomes unhealthy when a select few sit up top and deny usability of anything else.

I want to go full comprehensive on how new things could/should work, because lately the new stuff is going in the same direction. Why every new animal type shatters armor and ferocious buffs itself I do not know. It feels like the creative edge has been lost. The turtle and deer types have been the most proactively different so far. So this could also serve to really make things interesting with renewed focus on base animals with the tournament championships. I’ll do a common, rare, and epic example of each. If anyone has their own ideas of how a family of creatures could work, feel free to share!

To note, this is not a wishlist. Just a look at how things, should they arrive, fit in with a non-redundant function.

Creature Index

• Giant Ground Sloths
Bio

Bio: If Cenozoics keep coming, elephant sized mega sloths would shake up the diversity. They could use a new move set based on intimidation. It’d be a 50/50 move, since you don’t know whose next in line, but the sloths could use it as a move setup system and/or get cheeky free damage. They could fair decently since their skin had bony plates imbedded into it, a swipe from those arms would stun the daylights out of most anything.

Examples

Megatherium
Epic

4500 HP
1300 Attack
110 Speed
5% Critical
10% Armor

~Raking Strike [New]: 1X. Remove Cloak and Dodge effects.
~Intimidate [New]: Cleanse. Nullify. Regenerate 25%. Force opponent swap out (Unless opponent is immune. Immune to Swap prevention also blocks this). Does not deal damage. Delay: 0/ Cooldown: 2
~Greater Stunning Rampage
~On Escape Dust Cloud

Eremotherium
Rare

4280 HP
1170 Attack
112 Speed
5% Critical
15% Armor

~Precise Strike
~Intimidate
~Greater Stunning Impact
~On Escape Impact

Mylodon
Common

4100 HP
1300 Attack
110 Speed
5% Critical
10% Armor

~Raking Strike
~Instant Charge
~Swap In Intimidate [New]: Deal 1X Damage, force opponent Swap Out (if not immune). Swap Prevented 2 turns. Can cancel out an enemy swap-in if you are faster than the opposing swapping in creature (and they are not immune), opponent will swap back out without activating their ability.

• Oviraptorids
Bio

Bio: I know it’s not scientifically accurate as thieves, but I’ve had this idea before and I think they’d be super cool with it. They could have a move set based on stealing your buffs and using it themselves. Because they can use any opponent buffs, they don’t have any specialty in their own other moves. Since in this build they are thieves, they can’t be pinned down. They are pretty beefy compared to other animals their size, so they can take a hit or two, but they are vulnerable to debuffers and armor.

Examples

Anzu
Epic

3900 HP
1100 Attack
126 Speed
10% Critical

• ~Mimic Strike [New]: 1X. Cleanse. Nullify. Apply enemy’s buff to yourself if available. Effects that can be stolen: Ferocity, Evasion, Cloak, Shields, Speed Ups, and combo buffs like RtC, Prowl, and Dig In(Not the heal part). Stolen Evasive effects are 10% less effective at reducing damage. Buffs end at their natural cooldowns.
    ~Impact
    ~Impact&Run
    ~Immune to Swap Prevention

Oviraptor
Rare

3400 HP
1100 Attack
129 Speed
5% Critical

~Mimic Strike
~Impact
~Strike&Run

Kakuru
Common

3200 HP
1470 Attack
126 Speed
5% Critical

~Mimic Strike
~Impact&Run

• Indricotheres
Bio

Bio: Giant rhinos. Ideally only chompers and bleeders would be equipped to handle their stature and thick skin. Anything else would be like attacking a building, or what it should’ve been like for sauropods. Given their staunch stature they would take a new lease on invulnerability.

Examples

Paraceratherium
Epic

5700 HP
1090 Attack
105 Speed
35% Armor
5% Critical

~Long Decelerating Strike
~Invulnerable Strike [New]: 1X. Cleanse. Invincible 1 Turn. Delay: 1/Cooldown: 1
~Rampage
~.5X Minimal Counterattack
~Immune to Stuns

Urtinotherium
Rare

5500 HP
1050 Attack
104 Speed
30% Armor
5% Critical

~Decelerating Strike
~Invulnerable Strike
~Slowing Impact
~.5X Counterattack
~Immune to Stuns

Dzungariotherium
Common

5600 HP
770 Attack
103 Speed
35% Armor
5% Critical

~Shielded Strike
~Invulnerable Strike
~1X Decelerating Counterattack

• Predator Lizards
Bio

Bio: I think this would be an interesting type to introduce. Armored slightly and close to croc size, but deceptively fast with an emphasis on bleeding. These giants are all about trauma damage. All should have venomous counters, and Relentless, a passive that lets them deal more damage to bleeding enemies.

Examples

Megalania
Epic

3650 HP
1100 Attack
122 Speed
15% Armor
5% Critical

~Minimal Speed Up Strike
~Instant Strike [New]: Priority. 1X. Delay:0/Cooldown: 1
~Wounding Impact [Old]: 1.5X. Apply .15X Max HP DoT for 2 Turns. Delay: 0/ Cooldown: 2
~Venomous Counter
~Relentless [New]: Passive. Deal 25% more damage to enemies affected by DoT.

Asprosaurus
Rare

3400 HP
1030 Attack
123 Speed
15% Armor
5% Critical

~Minimal Speed Up Strike
~Maiming Wound [Old]: 1X. .4X Max HP DoT for 2 Turns. Delay: 0/Cooldown: 2
~Expose Weak Spot [Old]: 1X. Target Vulnerable 3 Turns. Delay: 0/ Cooldown: 3
~Venomous Counter
~Relentless

Palaeosaniwa
Common

3560 HP
990 Attack
122 Speed
20% Armor
5% Critical

~Minimal Wounding Strike
~Instant Strike
~Venomous Counter
~Relentless

• Canids Type A
Bio

Bio: So you probably noticed it says Type A. I think it would be good to break them into 2 groups: Pack Hunters and Solo canids. And by canids I mean anything dog shaped, whether it’s actually related or not. Type A I have envisioned a new team based passive that would affect the strategy dynamic, and Type B well… you’ll see. Type A can cleanse deceleration with Pursuit Strike and gain speed advantage, like an inverse superiority strike. Type B is outright immune to being slowed.

Examples

Epicyon
Epic

3500 HP
1260 Attack
126 Speed
15% Critical

~Pursuit Strike [New]: 1X. Cleanse Deceleration. Increase Speed 10% 2 Turns.
~Howl [New]: Priority. Cleanse. Heal self and any Canid Type A’s on team 30%. Shield 1 turn. Pin Opponent 2 turns. Delay: 0/ Cooldown: 2
~Crushing Rampage [New]: Shatter Shields. 2X Armor Piercing. Target becomes vulnerable 2 turns. Delay: 1/ Cooldown: 2
~Swap in Ambush [New]: 1X Armor Piercing. Target becomes vulnerable 1 turn. Unable to swap 2 turns.
~Pack Hunter [New]: Passive. When another canid (A Type) is actively on your hand, Base Attack is increased 15% (Non-nullifiable) and Base Critical is increased 5%. Stacks up to 3 times (i.e. having 4 Type A’s on you active team). KO’s reduce the stack.

Dire Wolf
Rare

3500 HP
1190 Attack
125 Speed
10% Critical

~Pursuit Strike
~Howl
~Crushing Rampage
~Swap in Ambush
~Pack Hunter

Borophagus
Common

3300 HP
1310 Attack
125 Speed
20% Critical

~Pursuit Strike
~Crushing Impact [New]: Shatter Shields. 1.5X Armor Piercing. Target becomes Vulnerable 2 turns. Delay: 0/ Cooldown: 2
~Swap in Ambush
~Pack Hunter

• Canids Type B
Bio

Bio: I’m just referring to them this way since they’d share animations for simplicity’s sake. These are the solo guys, who are filled with… Determination! Stronger, bulkier, but slower. Not team oriented like their more gracile compadres. Their ability to revive once with hairline health at increased speed may prompt some to consider bleeders for their team to make sure they go down for sure the first time.

Examples

Andrewsarchus
Epic

3850 HP
1600 Attack
120 Speed
20% Critical

~Defense Shattering Strike
~Crushing Impact
~Rending Strike
~Immune to Deceleration
~Determination [New]: Passive. If KO’d by direct damage, Immediately Revive with 15% HP. Speed Up 10% for 2 turns. All Cooldowns are Cleared. Only Activates once. DoT will guarantee a KO the first time.

Amphicyon
Rare

3800 HP
1510 Attack
118 Speed
20% Critical

~Crushing Strike [New]: Destroy Shields. 1X Armor Piercing. Target Vulnerable 1 Turn
~Defense Shattering Impact
~Extended Critical Strike
~Immune to Deceleration
~Determination

Hyaenodon
Common

3700 HP
1540 Attack
121 Speed
10% Critical

~Crushing Strike
~Crushing Impact
~Immune to Deceleration
~Determination

• Carcharodontosaurs
Bio

Bio: The sauropod slayers. For some reason, we only have Concavenator, and he is small fry. The baddest of the bunch have not yet appeared, and their job would presumably be to teach Gemini and maxima some manners. Ideally they would use rending, and heal at the same time. Basically the old dino game trope that when you eat you heal. They are faster and have more health than Rex, but less damage, while being slower than spinos. Sort of middling. They can pierce armor, but not break shields, for the most part. This means shields are very effective counters on most occasions.

Examples

Giganotosaurus
Epic

4400 HP
1600 Attack
115 Speed
15% Critical

~Cleansing Strike
~Devouring Rend [New]: Inflict .4X Armor Piercing Max HP Damage. Heal 25%. Delay: 0/ Cooldown: 1
~Devouring Takedown [New]: Destroy Shields. Inflict .6X Max HP Armor Piercing Damage. Heal 35%. Delay: 1/ Cooldown: 1
~Apex Predator: Passive. Deal 20% more damage to creatures with full HP. (I think Rex should also have this passive.)

Veterupristisaurus
Rare

4500 HP
1500 Attack
114 Speed
15% Critical

~Minor Devouring Rend [New]: Inflict .25X Armor Piercing Max HP damage. Heal 15%.
~Armor Piercing Impact
~Devouring Rend
~Apex Predator

Mapusaurus
Common

4800 HP
1600 Attack
114 Speed
25% Critical

~Cleansing Strike
~Devouring Rend
~Apex Predator

• Dwarves of Death
Bio

Bio: Now THIS is some diversity. Compy swarm! So they could work on an interesting system. There could be 2 or 3 of them in at once. Their main move, Swarm Strike, activates a powerful 1.5X counter every time they are hit with a direct damage move. They can activate a stance of their choice that helps them as fragile as they are, to be fairly potent in staying alive and keeping dishing out Swarm Strike. Two stances can not be used at the same time, and if you cancel one by selecting another, the cooldown will still be as long as intended.

Examples

Segisaurus
Epic

1300 HP
750 Attack
131 Speed
5% Critical

~Swarm Strike [New]: 1X. Precise. Distract 90% 1 turn. Activate 1.5X Counterattack this turn and next turn.
~Cautious Stance [New]: Priority. Gain 100% Chance to Dodge 66.7% Damage for 3 turns. Distract 50% 1 Turn. Speed up 10% 3 Turns. Delay: 0/Cooldown: 3 Cancels Aggressive Stance.
~Aggressive Stance [New]: Cleanse. Gain 10% Speed 3 turns. Increase damage 50% for 3 Turns. Delay: 0/ Cooldown: 3. Cancels Cautious Stance.
~On Escape Heal

Compsognathus
Rare

1300 HP
700 Attack
131 Speed
5% Critical

~Swarm Strike
~Cautious Stance
~Defensive Stance
~On Escape Heal

Microraptor
Common

1300 HP
700 Attack
132 Speed (Yes, I do recommend a speed tie with Velociraptor)

~Swarm Strike
~Cautious Stance
~On Escape Heal

• Giant Bears
Bio

Bio: These old giants were tyrants. The power in their arms would knock the consciousness out of most anything, and separating flesh from bone was effortless. Their build is mostly as revenge seekers, they want their kill, and will try to out-muscle whatever comes in next when it’s set up. Remember those old stunning basic strikes? :smiling_imp:

Examples

Arctodus
Epic

5000 HP
1270 Attack
117 Speed
20% Critical
10% Armor

~Brute Strike [New]: 1X. Break Shields. 15% Chance to Stun.
~Brute Rampage [New]: 2X. Break Shields. 75% Chance to Stun. (Brute moves do not pierce Armor) Delay: 1/ Cooldown: 2
~Greater Stunning Rend [New]: Inflict .4X Armor Piercing Max HP Damage. 75% Chance to Stun. (Does not Break Shields) Delay: 1/ Cooldown: 2

Tyrant (Polar) Bear
Rare

5200 HP
1310 Attack
114 Speed
20% Critical
15% Armor

~Brute Strike
~Greater Stunning Rend
~Greater Brute Strike [New]: 1X. Break Shields. 75% Chance to Stun. Delay: 1/ Cooldown: 2.

Cave Bear
Common

5000 HP
1180 Attack
115 Speed
20% Critical
10% Armor

~Brute Strike
~Brute Rampage

• Glyptodonts
Bio

Bio: Super sized armadillos. Scientifically they weren’t capable of using their tails for attack beyond their own species. So here’s my embellishment on what they should do JP style. Counterattacks. So far Miragaia is the only herbivore capable of full counterattacks, so these guys should make it an actual specialty.

Examples

Doedicurus
Epic

3600 HP
900 Attack
106 Speed
50% Armor
5% Critical

~Defensive Stance
~Adrenaline Surge
~Armor Piercing Impact
~Club Tail Counter [New]: 1.15X Armor Piercing Counterattack upon receiving Direct Damage.

Glyptodon
Rare

3540 HP
870 Attack
104 Speed
45% Armor
5% Critical

~Defensive Stance
~Armor Piercing Strike
~Adrenaline Pulse
~Tail Club Counter

Lomaphorus
Common

3600 HP
820 Attack
105 Speed
45% Armor
5% Critical

~Defensive Stance
~Armor Piercing Impact
~Tail Club Counter

I think that’s about most plausible types we could get and my best shot at how they should/could be represented. Granted the examples are just guesstimates, my numbers aren’t perfect, I’m just trying to illustrate the ideas. Hopefully whatever new types trickle in, they aren’t all shoehorned into the same roles. The redundancy really kinda takes the fun out of using a lot of things.

What do you think @Ned. Ideas worthy of a pass by the team?

23 Likes

I really want “Megat” to be added to the game and would love it if it were that way!!

I also once thought of an ability that forced the opponent to flee (“Scary Roar” that would do x2 damage and forced exchange).

2 Likes

I love those concepts, awesome! I hope the team ends up using them :smiley:
Also…

Is that a motherfudging undertale reference? :laughing:

4 Likes

Good eye :wink:

2 Likes

These are all great!!
I personally think addition of aquatics in itself would bring some diversity to the game…but of course we are in the Cenozoic age, so I guess we have to wait…
I’ll see if I can think of something…

4 Likes

Wow! Really good work here. A lot of time went into this. For me personally, every one would be a cool add. This should be your resume to get hired by Ludia. Thanks for sharing.

3 Likes

These are awesome man. I’d love to see all of these come through. The pack system you’ve laid out for the canids is really interesting :thinking:

Great job though. Fingers crossed we get some of these trickling in down the road.

4 Likes

It’s amazing, wow, i love them all, it’s hard to decide the one that i love the most

2 Likes

You’re without doubt more creative than Ludia😂

2 Likes

These are very creative but breaking the game is never an option.

Creative but broken

Wow, I think Ludia should employ you and we could finally get something cool for once :smile:

But I have a few notes:

• the compy dinos are practically invincible and I can’t think of a possible way to kill them with those movesets (one has 90% distract, one 100% dodge and 50% distract, and the third one has distract and dodge too, if I remember correctly)
  • the ground sloths cannot have an on escape ability, if they force the oponent to switch :smile:
  • the lizards have too many bleeding abilities and could basically kill anything in 1 or 2 moves, especially with that passive ability, which is just too much in my opinion
  • the bears seem to have too many stun abilities combined with too much damage, they would be uncounterable, I think

Other than these, I completely love your ideas! :blush:

3 Likes

That is the point I am saying as well,they are broken but creative.

1 Like

But in the carcharodontosaurids there isn’t the carcharodontosaurus

WHAT?

1 Like

Also can I do some hybrids with those creatures?

Remember, most of the meta through out the entire game consists of immune or partially immune creatures. Some stun abilities and distractions aren’t going to hurt much other than a thor

1 Like

Well do not forget the mid game and lower game players,just cause it is profitable for you does not mean that this will be simple for the lower end players,especially considering that all of them are commons,rates and epics,and the epics being so strong,it is just gonna break the game to a totally horrid level. @Erlikdom

1 Like

What is dust cloud

Invincibility for 1 turn, and 50% attack buff for 2 turns.

Really good. I like it. But more Carcharodontosaurs(Acro, Carcha, …)

1 Like