Diversity for Diversity’s Sake: A Mega-list of How New Types Would Shake Things Up

What does this mean
4X Armor Piercing Max HP Damage.

1 Like

But this list is speechless it’s so cool all the new moves wow

2 Likes

I do not want to break the game but the game is overall already broken and ludia aren’t fixing it at least for some time. And how exactly would this be profitable for me? I’m not even close to playing in the higher arenas and this would be more profitable to ludia than me, anyways.

1 Like

My main point of distractions, stuns, and DoT being easy-ish to deal with so these creatures wouldn’t cause too much imbalance(although slight stat nerfs wouldn’t hurt) still stands though

1 Like

Ok Fine,excuse my grammar,by profitable to you,I mean to the high end players,because the high end players have good enough creatures to counter these,however these are extremely strong considering these are not even hybrids,if they get hybrids,it is not gonna be anything good.

1 Like

You call this game broken? Go check War Robots,I was a very active high end player , but left it due to P2W reasons,this game or Jurassic World the game by lydia have never even come close to being 10% as horrid as War Robots, infact i feel like this game gives opportunities to free to play players and has versatility,better than the previous

2 Likes

Still, both scrunched up paper and a dumpster on fire are considered garbage even when they’re highly different😂

Please don’t be mad ludia I’m not calling you garbage

1 Like

Hey DinoMaster3000, I can definitely share this with our team!

Thanks for the detailed creature index. :smiley:

9 Likes

Thanks @Ned!

1 Like

I also see I have some questions. I’ll see if I can address everything.

@Tommy289 Yes, the compy type is very elusive. I wanted to find a way that they could last multiple turns while also having practically no health. I have exemplified having just enough health that a secodonto and other definite/precise hitters could one shot them if you’ve got the match up. Tweaks wouldn’t hurt I’m sure.
~That’s sort of their signature, but it’s also a weakness. A person could have a maia or sino or a draco next in line and the sloth has essentially killed itself. So it’d encourage more people to run counters I’d think.
~Each lizard only has 1 bleed move, so I’m not sure what you mean? Venomous counter only distracts. I originally planned to give them 2, but I also considered the stacking too strong in that instance.
~I know the bears seem intense, but they are basically dependent on RNG. I’m sure their damage could use a tone down also. Once they use up their big hitting moves, they’re kinda stuck waiting. Longer cooldowns on the rampages would make things amenable also I’d think. I also thought about trading a brute move on each for a crushing move from the canids A&B, but I wasn’t sure which would be closer to balance. Tricky game to get this stuff as viable theories :sweat_smile:

Thanks for your appreciation!

@anon43877113 These are all concepts. I tried to explicitly state multiple times the numbers aren’t perfect. All were theorized with viable counters in mind I assure you. Thank you for your opinion.

And to those concerned, yes… I did make examples of carchars without including Carcharo and Acro. I was doing Epic, Rare, and Common examples, and those 2 felt like they’d be epic worthy alongside Giga! So I wanted to put some more educational carchar family members in there that people might not know :slightly_smiling_face:

@QuagliaNator04 if you’ve got hybrids in mind, go for it! I’ll just link where they came from if you don’t mind so people don’t get confused what the moves are :slightly_smiling_face:

And let’s see… oh and
@Carnoraptor.troodon .4X Armor Piercing Max HP is a Rend Attack.

Thanks everyone!

3 Likes

Kakutherium
Rarity: Legendary
Animations: Giant ground sloths

Genetic make-up

• Megatherium
    Lv 15
  • Kakuru
    Lv 15

Possible hybrids
-Andutherium

Stats

• Health: 4400
  • Attack:1500
  • Speed: 112
  • Armor: 10%
  • Critical chance: 5%

Moves

• Mimic strike
  • Intimidate
  • Strike and run
  • Greater stunning rampage
    • Immune to swap prevention
    • On escape dust cloud

Andutherium
Rarity: Unique
Animations: Canids B

Genetic make-up

• Kakutherium
    Lv 20
  • Andrewsarchus
    Lv 20

Stats

• Health: 4390
  • Attack: 1750
  • Speed: 116
  • Critical chance: 20%

Moves

• Mimic strike
  • Intimidation
  • Crushing Impact
  • Greater stunning strike
    • Immune to deceleration
    • Immune to swap prevention
    • Determination

Kelognathus
Rarity: Epic
Animations: Terror birds

Genetic make-up

• Kelenken
    Lv 10
  • Compsognathus
    Lv 10

Stats

• Health: 2700
  • Attack: 1230
  • Speed: 131
  • Armor: 0%

Moves

• Swarm strike
  • Cautious stance
  • Aggressive stance
  • Evasive stance
    • On escape heal
    • Swap in dodge

Megadimetrodon
Rarity: Legendary
Animations: Predator lizards

Genetic make-up

• Megalania
    Lv 15
  • Dimetrodon gen 2
    Lv 15

Stats

• Health: 4000
  • Attack: 1050
  • Speed: 122

Moves

• Defense shattering strike
  • Instant strike
  • Critical impact
  • Wounding impact
    • Venomous counter
    • Relentless
2 Likes

I didn’t find them to be that strong, but even If some can be considered broken, the overall Idea can still be used with some adjustments. I would love those concepts on the game, If the devs decide to implement some of them, they can balance them as they see fit.

3 Likes

Ludia and balance aren’t usually in the same sentence unless it’s meant to be viewed sarcastically

1 Like

Only looked at Sloths, and they look great. I fully intend to read everything after work.
Love the effort and thought you put into this :ok_hand:t2:

2 Likes

love them all. the wolves and compys are going to be difficult things to deal with, as pack creatures should be.

4 Likes

Yoooo… now this is some diversity :muscle:
C’mon ludia! this will make some of them skill tourneys with no hybrids more awesome, as well as early PvP and friendly battles. I think we all want something that isn’t like what PvP is like now :+1:

3 Likes

I like most of these. The thieves idea is good.

2 Likes

Fun fact: I cut a few types from the final index. I also was working on Raptor Type B (Troodonts), Prosauropods, Large Mammal Type B (Non-Rhinos: Diprotodon/Toxodon/etc), and Mid Sized Ptero Type B (Toothed Pterosaurs: Ornithocheirus/Coloborhynchus/etc). I couldn’t find a way they’d be functional and non-redundant as an independent group. Any style I put together felt repetitive or too overlapping with a group already in-game or in the index that filled a proper niche.

I don’t think they’d spend resources making them into a new type really. I feel it’d be more efficient from ludia’s point of view to make one-offs of these, like miragaia. A distinct creature that shares animations, but is a departure from it’s family’s typical move set. A venomous Troodon would be really cool, but as a whole family group of epics, rares, and commons I just couldn’t carve out an unadulterated function. The Mid Sized Toothed Pteros probably would just be integrated into the existing group with no distinction at all.

What do you guys think? Any ideas of a role any of these other types could fill to standalone, or do you agree with my assessment they should reduced to distinct one-offs in an existing type/absorbed without uniqueness?

2 Likes

Well,I mean,look they are still Commons,Rares,Epics,and they have very strong moves,so definitely these will be strong among those and if they get legendary and unique hybrids,that is when they will get broken,I am saying they have the potential.

2 Likes

True, they could produce very OP hybrids, but like i said, all could be adjusted to be more balanced. The concepts have great potential to make the game more interesting.

4 Likes