Ludia Forums

DNA you get from Evolving Dino's Reduced

Not sure if anyone else has seen this but used to get around 25-30 Rare DNA when used 2 Common Dino’s to Create DNA. Counted today and got mostly 10"s, in facts 21 X 10 DNA when used Create button on 2 different Dino’s 31 times . Average of about 13, less than half of what it used to be.
Could be Ludia’s reduced amount DNA you get - let me know if you have seen this as well.

3 Likes

There are 3 different fusion tables. Depending on which hybrid is being attempted you may see more 10’s on some than you do on others.

First I’m hearing of this.

Source?

1 Like

Hi James, prior to latest update was seeing more DNA Created for Dino’s such as Suchotator and Dipotator.

I also tried it on creation of DNA for Einisuchus which used to generate a reasonable amount of DNA, and after getting 5 tens and a 20 , stopped.

Never seen or heard of these Tables.

I have had 5 in a row daily tasks requiring over 1600 Rare DNA to complete - so having low DNA creation rates, will make it impossible to complete daily tasks.

Regards D

There are recipe files for every hybrid in the game files. Each recipe has a value (ods) that looks to affect the chance of outcome for each of the fusion levels, 10-100. If you drop the values from every recipe into a table, you’ll find that many of the hybrids share the same chances but there are 3 different groups of chances (actually there is a 4th but it was only different on a single dinosaur and may have been a typo when the data was initially entered). There are some hybrids that looks like the chance to get a 10 is actually just a little less than getting a 20. I’m not at home at the moment or I would post the 3 groups of hybrids and the hybrid with it’s own table (although I haven’t updated the groups since 1.8 so the new hybrids haven’t been placed with their fusion groups yet).

1 Like

Still doesn’t explain why out of 37 goes to create Rare DNA , 26 were only 10 DNA , others mainly 20 and one solitary 30.
It was never that bad before for Rare DNA !!! Only seen Creation of DNA that low before on Legendary Dino’s.
Need to remove Rare DNA daily task, if reduced DNA Creation levels to average of 13.

1 Like

You’re right, ex purrolyth:
“$type”: “WiTiTa, x”,
“amt”: 10,
“ods”: 350,
“vti”: 0
},
{
“amt”: 20,
“ods”: 375,
“vti”: 0
},
{
“amt”: 30,
“ods”: 200,
“vti”: 1
},
{
“amt”: 40,
“ods”: 100,
“vti”: 1
},
{
“amt”: 50,
“ods”: 70,
“vti”: 2
},
{
“amt”: 60,
“ods”: 10,
},
{
“amt”: 70,
“ods”: 7,
},
{
“amt”: 80,
“ods”: 4,
},
{
“amt”: 90,
“ods”: 2,
},
{
“amt”: 100,
“ods”: 1,
}

2 Likes

Would love that info when you can post it, even without the new hybrids.

1 Like

I’ve been away and I’ll for a few days so haven’t been around. I’ll see what I can do when I get home.

1 Like

THE ODS NUMBERS:
I wrote a script that reads the recipe files writing them to a file that can be dumped into a spreadsheet. The numbers in the sheet are the ods values. Although I haven’t figured out exactly how they are used, it’s clear that 10’s and 20’s have a much higher chance of being rolled and that on about half the hybrids the chance of a 20 being rolled is slightly higher than a 10.

There are three distinct charts with multiple hybrids. Allosinosaurus is similar to the other chart with the exception of rolling a 50 which has an ods of 25 and all the other hybrids have an ods of 70 (I don’t know whether that was intentional or some kind of typo).

Note: I was reviewing and noticed that Spinotahraptor may also have a typo in the ods value for the 90 reward as it does not match the rest of the hybrids. It is a 4 where everything else is a 2.

THEORY OF HOW IT WORKS:
I have a thoughts on how the ods may work but haven’t gotten down to proving it which I really can’t do precisely due to the random factor unless I were to look at the code which I do not have access. But, looking at ANKYLCODON for example, there are 350 rolls that result in a 10, 375 rolls that result in a 20, 200 rolls that result in a 20, etc. on down to 1 roll resulting in a 100. In all there are a total of 1,119 rolls that would total 26,190 fusion dna. Of course this would be a perfect total which is highly improbable that the outcome would be that exact, but if you average it out, it averages to 23.41 fusion per roll. The thing that is odd about this theory is it means there is only ~1% chance of rolling a 50 or higher which doesn’t seem correct as I’m pretty sure I get a 50 or higher more often than once every 100 rolls. But the average of around 20 per roll does seem correct.

Anyhow, I’ve done the averages on the other hybrids as well based on that theory.

2 Likes

I believe the vti value tells the program which graphic to display for the fusion. 50 and higher (vti = 2) has that fancy dna visualization that wraps around the dinosaur model. Whereas 10 and 20 (vti = 0) are a little lackluster on the visualization around the dinosaur model, and 30 and 40 (vti = 1) show a little more on the visualization around the model.

1 Like

There has to be odds based on level too. After about level 17 or 18 my Utahsinoraptor has only gotten 20 once. In the last few levels I have put like 100,000 utahraptor DNA into the thing

I have enough dna to fuse suchotator more than a 1,000 times. If I have the time maybe I will sit down and keep track of a couple hundred fuses and see how it works out.

1 Like

I tried it again on Suchotator - 15 times. First times got 5 tens in a row, overall total of 12 tens, a 20, 30 and 40.

There is nothing Random about it, if get for example on another Dino a 40 or higher on Create DNA, it automatically gives you 3 - 5 tens in a row. Happened too many times to be a coincidence (always happens)

The table doesn’t agree with what actually happens, only speaking from what I have seen after 1000’s of Create DNA.

Derek

It will take 100’s of results to determine the average. With 1,239 possible outcomes, 15 rolls (~1.2%) is not enough of a sampling to determine an average. I’ve had rolls of 30, 40, 30, 20, 20, 50 which is an extremely lucky set of rolls and much higher than the average results show.

Take the coin flip for example. On average the results should be 50% heads and 50% tails. Flip the coin 2 times it could come up correct or it could be 100% heads or it could be 100% tails. Flip it 10 times and your result will not always be a 50/50 average either. Flip it 1000 times it still may not be 50/50 exactly but it will be much closer. Overall what happens is the outcome may never be exactly as expected but the more samples you have the closer it should show to the expected results.

Hi James,

Aware of odds and probabilities - however in last 100+ Create DNA on Suchotator seen substantial reduction in DNA - averaging 16-18, previous to that was around 25-30. Already done 1000+ DNA creations on Suchotator and recent trend is definitely down - changed.

Previous to last 2 updates, would never seen more than 2-3 x 10 DNA in row.

Now regularly see 4-5 x 10 DNA in a row. With Suchotator seen as many as 6-7 x 10 DNA in row.

So something has changed, at least for me !!!

Regards Derek

Odd that the previous results with the results being received are averaging at about 20.5-24 (or 22.25).:slightly_smiling_face:

I haven’t noticed a change in the amount of DNA I get per fuse. It’s always RNG-dependent. In fact, today I had 1 fuse available for my 1170/1250 level 26 Monostegotops. I hit the fuse button…and got a 90!

I’m ready for the inevitable punishment in the arena for the “crime” of leveling up a dinosaur…

I would not be surprised to learn that there was a modifier for those that who invest money into the game.

I used to spend money on this game, but I quit that months ago.