Ludia Forums

Do Phour, Arctovas, and Skoona need balancing?

Been setting on this for a while espically after the recent tier list and watching some of @Idgt902 ‘s videos and what to see what others in the community think. Do they need some tweaking or not? Give your honest thoughts based on tier list, and personal experience. Also what, if anything, do you personally think would fix said creature?

Skoonasaurus balanced
  • It Op or way too meta defining; nerf.
  • It’s challenge to face but counterable.
  • Its average and doesn’t stick out too much.
  • Its balanced
  • It’s lower than average
  • It needs a buff
  • Trash

0 voters

Phorurex balance
  • Its balanced
  • It needs a buff
  • Trash

0 voters

Arctovasilas balance
  • Its balanced
  • It needs a buff
  • Trash

0 voters

Skoona is a bitt too strong, that is because Ludia decided to give her full decel counter instead of medium. For me change back skoona damage to 1200 and give her medium decel counter. Phoru is just too good, it needs to lose something. I suggest the swap in , just because we already have too many swapper and this also would give DCpro chance to become an option as swapper again. And the last one is vasilas, still not sure about this one but fixing the alert presistent Shield threaten mode should make this Apex more counter able or just make a counter for this one.

12 Likes

Like IDGT said in a recent video description, at level 30 and properly boosted, the apex bear has ZERO counters after turn one. Anyone who votes anything besides “it’s OP and needs a nerf” needs to go watch that video. :laughing:

30 Likes

I really want to ask nerf for the bear but i just feel bad to top players who hunt bear all day and fiping both bear and deer lol

5 Likes

Skoona can be counter by spinocon and phourex can be countered by spinocon or parasauthops. And not to sure about Arctovasilas although I think with how hard arctovasilas is to unlock and level up I think it should be good. Having Arctovasilas being completely useless would make it less motivating for people to try and unlock it.

7 Likes

Leave bear alone :pensive:

2 Likes

It already 2 shots with STRIKE :rofl:

and people still want it buffed

4 Likes

it should be good but not impossible to kill like idgt said its has no counters after turn 1 :moyai:

3 Likes

I generally have more problems with Skoonasaurus than Phorurex since anything with a decent counter-attack and stun resistance can either take down Phorurex on their own, smack Phorur with their counter-attack while trying to escape (and if they have decent Swap Resistance, they can put Phorurex within killing range of a Swap-In creature like Ceramagnus or Monolorhino), or set Phor up for an easy kill later on, but more and more I’m finding that Skoona’s more difficult to take on without heavy hitters like Mortem or bleeders. So I wouldn’t say no to a slight nerf to Skoona (key word being slight though).

4 Likes

I’ve seen the video that suggests the bear is way too strong but surely if you go to the trouble to get it so quickly you deserve to get some good out if it. I figure Ludia will bring out new dinos to counter it in future updates.

Skoona is ok as it is, the snakes with bleed, Mortem and even rending dinos make sure it suffers. Again I think we will see more counters before too long.

Phorurex is pretty easy to deal with unless it swaps in and finishes your last Dino at 2-2. I’m ok with leaving it as it is though - it will soon be a one trick pony as more counters are built.

The thing to remember here is that there are but a few elite players who fully boost every new Dino. For the rest of us we don’t want to see the dinos we have built and boosted become worthless. So I’m wholly opposed to nerfing anything really. I’d far rather see more counters from buffing or creating new moves for other dinos.

6 Likes

To be a slight nerf I would give it medium decelerating counter and that would be about it

Skoona: Change counter attack to Medium decel counter, attack back up to 1300
Phorurex: Remove Stunning Obstruction, attack to 1500, stun resist to 33%
Arctovasilas: idk

6 Likes

I’m not sure about the bear king, 'cause the top players must be grinding for bear DNA all day; getting anything less than perfect may seem as non-viable to them.
Skoona is fine, it gets countered by both Giga Snake and Phoru (maybe even Mortem, now that he has a rending attack). They could restore its damage to 1200-1300 and give it a medium decel counter though.
Now Phoru here; his abilities define the current meta. Especially when he’s decked with boosts. A fast unique that can buff itself with dodge, speed increase and crit chance while debuffing the opponent with distraction, and removing crit and attack increase, plus a 1600 damage output, having two abilities which bypass armor, one which breaks shields. Did I forget that it can stun and lockdown when you try pulling a swap on it? Not to mention it can also swap-in-savagery+lockdown you. And it has a DoT move for some reason?
I know it can be set up with another creature, can be distracted, countered upto some degree by Spinocon… not to say it doesn’t have the best health. But the boost system negates many of these cons.

1. Trying to set up a swap with a high-health creature? Well, zoom goes buff+rampage and you’re probably in Obstruction’s range.
  2. Low Health? Pop goes them health boosts on that 4050 number! (I actually dunno if anybody does that :grin:)
  3. Spinocon? Well, I would argue that he has a decent chance of success, however, currently it depends on who’s got more boosts on 'em.

Get what I’m saying? It’s got too much; something needs to go. In the current meta:
Less counters = More viability

It can be countered but not sufficiently. Therefore, a nerf is needed.

8 Likes

Idk, my bear died easily enough to this

1 Like

Guys, come on. Nothing should have a 100% win rate after turn one, no matter how hard it was to create. Stuff with an 80%+ win rate (like old gemini) has been nerfed in the past. If the bear isn’t nerfed, once more of them start popping up it’s going to be a real problem.

25 Likes

Well considering how many have voted and have shared their opinions might as well as through in my 10¢. Skoona I think role wise is perfect and honestly i don’t mind the full decel counter. However i think its it should maybe have its attack reduced to 1000 ( 5,500 in two turns with GDR+counter and RDI+ counter), it should also along with the other sauropods have 0% swap resistance so it cant just swap from a bad matchup. Also for a creature with so much hp it probably shouldn’t have 30% armor heck look at tryko who got nerfed to 4.2k with the exact same amount of armor for like no reason meanwhile skoona get 5.8k and 30% armor. i mean they’re even the same speed.

Phor I’ve talked a lot in other topics on how its just too good and shocker it is, it just has everything and can counter almost everything especially if set up. It just need tweaks here and there. Either lower damage and get rid of that swap prevention, or get rid of the swap in and lethal rampage and run. Those I feel would be enough to bring it down.

As for Pooh, not much to say since I haven’t faced it in arena nor do i have him but based on Idgt902‘s videos, it’s way too op. Ludia said hey lets make base movement that makes cautious and determined strike look balanced in comparison. Oh and lets also give it basically ready to crush+ long invincibility when threatened great idea right? Definitely needs a nerf.

5 Likes

The question here only is if we want to have a balanced arena or if the players are fine with a very few meta defying creatures as it is today.
Today it is straight forward. Build a team out of high-tyrant and tyrant, level them to 30 and fully boost them. And you automatically will reach shores.

If the players are fine with it, a slight nerf to high-tyrant tier (Skoona, Phoru, Arcto) would be enough.

If the players for once really want a balanced arena, many more creatures (Indotaurus, Testa, SR3, Parasauthops, Spino…) would have to be nerfed too. Otherwise still a majority of creatures will be irrelevant.

Personally I would love a bit more variety. Wouldn’t it be great to see things like Erlidom, Vexus or Tuora in the higher arenas?

Also interesting to see how many players here think that Arctovas is fine as it is. Guess most of them will change their opinion once they meet 30/30 more frequently.

But in the end this all does not really matter. We all know that Ludia neither cares about our opinion nor that they are good in balancing the game :slight_smile:

16 Likes

I think Skoona needs it’s damage restored back to 1200 and it’s counter changed to medium decelerating counter…
For Phorurex, I think it’s damage should be reduced to 1500 and swap in damage should do only 20% of the max Hp.
And Vasilas, Idk…

They’re all OP and too meta defining. All of them need nerfs :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Skoonasaurus probably needs a small nerf but it will not kill 3 of your creatures (unless you have drawn both indoraptors, erlikospyx and another trash) and might kill 2 if you have been unlucky or played badly. It will definitely kill 1 and probably damage a second one but it can be revenge killed as it is slow if you have dealt enough damage with your first creature. Phorurex is more of an issue from what I see. It will definitely kill 1, 2 and possibly 3 if you haven’t drawn a counter when it is locked for 2 turns (even then it is a 50-50). The best situation is if it’s locked for 2 turns and you have skoonasaurus but the opponent will most likely run away after the dodge. I can’t comment on the new apex as I haven’t battled one yet even though I am in nublar shores but must not be battling when the top players are.

1 Like