Ludia Forums

Do you REALLY like the meta of ’swap-in-damage’?

Hey Folks :wave:

Quick questions.

1. Do you find the ’swap-in-damage’ fun ?
  • Yes
  • No
  • Sometimes / Depends *

0 voters

1. Do you feel forced to play in this way?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

1. Are you more stressed when playing the game, because of ’swap-in-damage’ ?
  • Yes
  • No
  • Sometimes / Depends *

0 voters

I would like to hear opinions about the concept and idea of ’swap-in-damage’.

Have a good day! :seedling::pray:

3 Likes

In lower arena no, but in upper aviary and up, yes.

4 Likes

I legit wouldn’t be suprised if people start running teams with 4 swap ins(magnus, the rats and mrhino), 2 creatures with and run(mainly rinex and kitty) and then morty and hadros cuz why not

8 Likes

niope i know it exists and i plan accordingly i like it :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Is it fun? Yes, in so far that it is a part of the game. Damage isn’t so bad but swap in stun is where I find it becomes less fun.

Do I have to play that way? No. I have played ceratopsian and Pachycephalosaur theme teams but that’s for fun. If I was playing more competitively I’d certainly include a couple swappers on my team though.

Do I get stressed? Yes and no. They should be used for finishing moves but high damage boosted swappers are everywhere and it gets frustrating.

2 Likes

Swap in moves that don’t do damage are fine with me.

Swap in ATTACKS are where its toxic and shouldn’t be a thing.

8 Likes

I was more or less OK with it until Magnus has been released. But Magnus now clearly is over the top.

There are others I certainly do not like, but at least I do not see a big issue with them.

But in general I’d like to see more swap-in moves which are not doing damage as I, in general, do like the concept of swap-in. But it clearly does not make sense that, for example, Smilo has a 66% chance to stun, while Magnus who already is stronger has the 66% stun chance PLUS does a ton of damage.

1 Like

This meta is not new, though.
It has existed ever since I play the game.
See, Rampage and run + monostegotops

Only the actors have changed and evolved over the years,
rampage and run + dracoceratops
swap to dracoceratops
swap to rhyno
swap to Cera/Rhyno

3 Likes

Most annoying Dino I face daily (every battle I loose) is Nitro Boosted Thors, like that thing is far to good for how easy it is to make and no matter what dinos I use I can’t ever beat one is it’s above lvl 26. Speed boosts ruin the game in my opinion

4 Likes

The monostego swap is not even that old.

How do you mean to plan for it?

How does it for work your funny teambuilded decks?

Can you meet those players and still win?

True. It takes time and effort for players to work on the dinos.

When the dinos first is introduced, players need to grind to get them to a good level for the team.

Free TYRANT APEX, and fully boosted other swapper, makes people play 1 extra swap-in-damage.

In one way Ludia force everyone to play swap-meta.

1 Like

And all of this started with the rat, it was a creature without swap and more like a better stygimoloch.
The snowball tragedia comes from that till now. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

basically if any of my dinos are near 2k health eve a bit higher i assume a swap so eithj swap outr or get ready with the counter like throwing grypo in :slight_smile: or something with cloak like quetzi assuming you use that or thyla with distract

1 Like

I look and plan for swaps like I’m playing someone using mono blue in mtg and just assume they have a swap like the blue player has counter spells.

I don’t have a problem with swaps so much as the lack of tools to help counter them.

3 Likes

The ceratopsian team works very well probably much to the annoyance of my opponents. So long as I don’t encounter a team of chompers I don’t do too badly.

Personally I hate that anyone could have a dini to swap in and kill me, but on the other hand, swapping in dinos has saved me quite a few times

It’s crap I’m a day 1 player and never had a swap in attacker on my main arena team.
I’m all for swap ins but they should not do direct damage it’s cheap and unpredictable most of the time

Agree about this.

Playing tactical and have saved a dino with just 100 in health could work, if swap-in-damage was not alowed.