Do you think they will continue the Jurassic World Movie Franchise?

After watching Dominion, I felt unsettled that this was the last Jurassic World movie (according to the director). I fell like (similar to Marvel’s Endgame) that this isn’t the end of the franchise. Maybe the end for the main timeline, but I sure hope not for everything! What do you guys think? What are your future hopes for Jurassic World?

5 Likes

definitely not the last ever jurassic film, big money maker for universal, I’m not sure myself when new things will release for the franchise but dominion is certainly not the last.

23 Likes

I am relieved to hear that someone else agrees!

1 Like

100% right
Dominion is not the end

2 Likes

Hopefully the next ones are better.
Imo they should do a new adaptation of the book with more horror elements to it such as how Ed Regis dies or when Rexy chases Alan and the kids in the river.

5 Likes

I think it’s the end of the story we all know but not the end of the films. I think it was said before that there would be more movies just not the characters we know. With the creatures across the world they can explore other things.

2 Likes

Yes! The book is so amazing. Muldoon blowing the Raptor up with the bazooka and Grant poisoning the Raptor eggs and they eat them. Dr Wu dying from raptors jumping off the roof. Hammonds compy death. The whole sensor thing around the park that wasn’t in the movies and the shed they hid in. So many awesome things to include. I’d love if the movie was more like the book. It’s crazy because the movie was so good but following the book could be a whole new level of good.

2 Likes

I love both the book and the movie I can’t choose my favorite
However never ever reboot Jurassic Park because it can never beat the original

1 Like

This is the end of the current storyline. There are other avenues for continuing the franchise tho. New stoies. Branch off arcs.

1 Like

happy cake day!

It may not be better or equal to JP but I think it would be refreshing.
I’m tired of Rexy saving the day with the help of another dinosaur. I preferred when the raptors and T-rexes were antagonists. I’m tired of them adding new characters that somehow worked on the first park or were some kind of Hammond’s associate that we never heard about before.
And since the film is quite different than the book, a film more in line with Crichton’s story would feel new.

2 Likes

This will not be the last jurassic film. It is just the end of the World trilogy. Jurassic movies = money

Very well said. I agree. The raptors went from deadly and scary to dogs. I understood the concept in JW but it became too Disney and not scary.

2 Likes

They did say dominion was not the end of the entire saga. Like rise of Skywalker was the end to the Skywalker saga dominion is just the end of the old jp saga. Where ever the Francis will head from now on is just speculation. With all the hybrids and non dinosaur creatures future movies have endless possibilities

I personally would like a movie in the style of the prologue

why not a film series like Mandalorian? I mean, imagining a series where people try to survive a world full of dinosaurs, it would be a new opportunity to see lots of new species of dinosaurs and have new plots!

1 Like

I agree. I prefered when the dinosaurs acted like animals. In the first movie, Rexy wasn’t awesome cool good guy dinosaur, she was a curious animal who threatened the main characters. Same with the raptors. Sure, they were a little movie-monsterfied, but it’s at least better than having dinosaurs as bad guys and good guys.

3 Likes

It’s confirmed that there will be a new Jurassic movie

1 Like

Swrve mentioned they will be having a new franchise in 2026 or smth like that…

I dont think its the end, the may continue this, or have movies that show before Dominion. If this is the end, Then thats the end of a legend

1 Like