Ludia Forums

Do YOU want community designed hybrids (Poll)?

Hey guys,

so I guess some of you might know the amazing JWA Artwork Thread where many artists developed and shared amazing hybrids. Some ideas are so creative, that we would love to see them beeing introduced to the game.

Sadly, Ludia has not shown any interest yet. So, we want to see whether YOU guys are interested in community designed hybrids or not. :smiley:

So, plz just tell us: would you like to see hybrids that are created by the community in the game?

• YES!!
  • No…
  • I don‘t care.

0 voters

We hope that many players will answer the poll! If there should really be interest in the community, we will select the very best hybrids and let you guys vote again. Or we could even take all hybrids and send the ideas and concept arts to Ludia…we don’t know yet! :rofl::smiley:

Thank you very much in advance and have a roarsome day! :facepunch:t2:

6 Likes

For people who want to have an idea off hoe these creatures could look like, take a look in the JWA artwork thread :face_with_monocle::wink:

Ardontosaurus was a fan made hybrid, which eventually became real.

1 Like

Who made ardonto?

I sure hope we eventually get a community contest for fan hybrids. I think a great way to host the contest and “announce” the winner is to…:

-Start a thread or send all submissions to a collected place. One rule that should be made clear is ONE submission per person
-Put all submissions into a single poll, and allow the general community to vote for whichever fan hybrid they want in the game
-Top contesters get reviewed by the devs, who make the final decision on which hybrid would be the best to add
-However, final results stay ANONYMOUS until the following update, where the hybrids will be announced along with the rest of the update

This will be the best way to create some great tension without spoilers for future updates. Of course, it can go any way, assuming Ludia complies

4 Likes

Majundacodon

@anon91521914
Really, u sure? Never heard about it and can‘t find any hind. :sweat_smile:

@Death_Raptor
That‘s a good idea. I think we could start doing it jn a few days, I‘d like to wait for more people to vote. :smiley:

But about the contest, I think „old“ fanmade hybrids should count too. :slight_smile:
So that artists can either draw something new or send in their „old“ hybrids. We have so many amazing ideas in the Artwork Thread. :heart:

1 Like

I really think it would be a good idea. It would be something positive on this forum.

As I said earlier, the talent and the ideas are allready here :grinning:

Yeah I totally agree. Maybe we could start a voting in the Artwork Thread and already filter hybrids out that would be well fitting for the community vote?

What do u think? I‘d definitely be interested but there will be a lot of organizing needed and we have really many hybrids. :slight_smile:

Maybe we could start selecting 20-30? And then reduce the amount step by step and then like send Ludia 5? Or more? Dunno? :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::smiley:

Oh and I just realized that we have to ask the artists too whether we can use their artworks to send them to Ludia.

I just had the idea that maybe we can start another thread and directly ask for artists and those who want to participate just join us. We could also tag the artists from the Artwork thread directly to get their attention. :smiley:

1 Like

I think it’s best to just have each community member send their submission to a single place. It would save the hassle of having to go through so much great artwork and have a good portion not end up being used. If people want to join, they’ll join

1 Like

Yes that‘s what I intended with opening a new thread and ask for artists and their hybrids for a certain time. :slight_smile:

I think we could also collect the drawings there. Saves us some time. :slight_smile:

I don’t remember who made Ardontosaurus, but I saw someone who said they created the fan design.

Ok, but I don‘t think Ardonto really is fanmade. I could be wrong of course but never heard of it and I could rather imagine a fanart of it. :smiley:

The first fan design that I saw that got put into the game was erlikospyx, but was originally made by @Isaah_Wii and was called Berlikonyx.

1 Like

Oh wow, seriously? I didn‘t know, is it coincidence or did they really use that player‘s idea? :open_mouth::smiley::smiley:

I just found it in the Artwork Thread, really nice work, @Isaah_Wii! :smiley: Did u get my PM? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I see fan-made hybrids and think “Yeah, that would be cool in the game!” I think some of these could fit right in, and they’d be pretty cool.
But I also think if Ludia were to come to the forums consistently to see what they should add next, it could get dangerous. People would get excited and want their hybrids or their favorite concepts used, and few expectations could reasonably be met. Developers also seem more interested in cranking out new movesets and mechanic possibilities than cool-looking concepts. They do make cool ones, but it’s not the focus.
I think it would be cool if they had a contest once, or maybe annually, and took in hybrid ideas from everyone. Then they pick their favorite as the winner and introduce that to the game. Monster Hunter World did that with weapons once, and we got the Wyvern Impact greatsword with a friggin’ engine on it for extra force

I just replied to ya :slightly_smiling_face: