Ludia Forums

Does level affect trade harbor trades?

IM level 59, been trying coins → dinos in my custom trades. Done like 15 of them and Ive never seen a hybrid or a legendary. Watching youtube I see people try 3 times and get 3 in a row. So is this because im not 75, or just they got really lucky? And I have 60 mill+ on each trade.

1 Like

For coin to dino you need pretty much maxed coins to get the really good offers.
The more resources you have the better the offers will typically be.
And it is still kind of a “lucky” thing.
You may go a couple few days and not get much then have some really good offers.
Basically max coin and food and keep trying.
Eventually you’ll hit on some better offers

1 Like

So just luck, level doesnt really matter?

It’s possible there is a level component as well, we typically only have our experience to pull from.

I have been at max level for so long I do not remember what the CT looked like back in the day, also partly because we only did AF to DB trades or Booster to DB trades back in the day.

3 Likes

As far as I know, I don’t think level has much to do with it.
I’m not 100% sure though.
Hopefully someone with more experience will chime in to confirm it.
Edit
And there’s the more experienced individual!

1 Like

There has also been speculation that what you have unlocked also has some effect on what you get in the CT cycle.

2 Likes

Thanks for both of your responses!

Nostalgia.

1 Like

Levels might have an effect on CT, I remember @Jurassic_Fury was talking about wanting to get his last Parasaurolophus to max it out through CT but being unable to since he had reached level 99. At level 99, even low coin amounts gave legendary creatures. I also have some screenshots of getting super rare and common hybrid trades at around level 80. After reaching level 99, all I ever get are rare hybrids or legendary creatures through CT.

Examples:

1 Like

I’m pretty sure level did have something to do with it before. I was level 99 (or level 95 if it was before the level increase) and before one of the updates a max coin trade to jurassics guaranteed me a rare hybrid (that’s where I got all my rare hybrids).

I remember players with lower levels never getting a rare hybrid. I can’t remember at what level they finally achieved it, but I do remember they had to level up to get it.

Now, that being said there’s been several updates since then and I don’t know if it’s still like that.

1 Like

I still get common hybrids specifically the flyer, in fact I have received 2 I think this week from Coin to Jurassic trades. So I know you can still get them even at max level as a data point.

5 Likes

Also another thing I have noticed is that when I was level 50-60 af to coin and food trades were 1.5 mil and 700k respectively, while max level players here always get closer to 2 mil coin and 1 mil food, now at level 70 even I usually get 1.9 mil coins and 900k food, so it does seem level affects trade harbour.

3 Likes

Yes 100 percent chance of receiving a pelicanipteryx at around 30 mill coin at max level if my coins any higher then its legendaries.

2 Likes

Haven’t read all the replies but your park level 100% plays a roll in your TH trades.

Managing 3 accounts for a while there were 2 lvl 99 accounts and one account I recently brought up from in the 40’s. The lower lvl account would never get high decoration to coin trades. Maybe 1,600,000 for an AF at most. The lvl 99 accounts routinely see trades for up to 2,200,000. As that account lvl increase i noticed the amount of coins we would get for decorations would go up as well.

It was very apparent with the deco to coin trades, can’t say other instances really jumped out at me and i could not say for certain without having collected data.

4 Likes

Here is one as an example:

I tried to do a trade with only 12 or 15 million coins and it wouldn’t let me trade for any creatures.

4 Likes

Why is it grayed out?

I accepted it then remembered about this thread so snapped a screen shot before it went away, but that’s why it’s greyed out.

2 Likes

Also I remember a previous reply to this sort of question that said you only get VIP creatures offered in trades if you are a VIP.

3 Likes

Yes, I believe that is correct. Some non-VIPs have been offered them, but the trade button is greyed out.

2 Likes