Does Ref need a nerf?

I have not actually faced ref or played against it but I have herd that it is really strong. The thing can be lux both at level 26. I really do not think the hp was needed. It went from being the worst apexes in the game to one of the best. This is the exact same thing that happened to testa an update after it was nerfed. I feel like it’s only a matter of time before ref gets nerfed or more meta creatures are introduced to counter it.

2 Likes

Here we go again….

23 Likes

Let Ref shine for once…. Lol!!!

10 Likes

Mate… Ref just got buffed and you want it nerfed? Really? If there’s any apex that needs a nerf it’s the apex hybrids…

16 Likes

A nerf thread literally one day after the update drops for an underperforming Apex? Come on man, let Ref and Ref users enjoy this buff, it’s not like Ref is OP anyway, things like Ankylos Lux and Arctovasilas exist anyway, plus the new Imperatosuchus…

15 Likes

That… holy that was fast. Er… I don’t think it needs a nerf? There’s still several counters for it, like Skoona, Bear King, A. Lux and later on Imperatosuchus, which is already looking like an absolute house.

Sure, Ref might have gotten something of an over-buff, but it’s nowhere near nerf territory, at least I don’t think.

10 Likes

No, just no. It just got buffed after being one of the worst apexes along with haast maxi.

2 Likes

These nerf threads are overkill… see what I did there?

6 Likes

Ref is really strong in this update but there are other apex and uniques that are really broken, maybe Ludia should balance them first

I use ref and it’s fine. Throw a skoona at it. Testa works well too

I am not making this a nerf thread. The title asks if ref needs a nerf. I think if anything it should get a slight hp nerf and maybe a slight attack nerf but that’s it

The attack is fine. I like the hp, but if y’all think, we can nerf it slightly

I think 4800 hp is a bit ridiculous for a cunning even if it’s an apex

2 Likes

Yeah, admittedly that is true. 4500 should have been the buff, to keep it more in line (even if it was really towing said line anyway)

4 Likes

Ref actually beats the bear. Pretty sure it’s going to end up in high tyrant with the bear and anky lux. We’ll see how it goes once everyone’s running them at 30/30.

2 Likes

Oh. My god the bear actually loses to something?

This is a joke. I am actually not at all familiar with Brother bear.

3 Likes

I faced my first one today.
Kinda reminded me of the glory days of Dilorach.
Scary scary.

4 Likes

While may this may seem fast, ref really got a really big buff and personally I think it might be too much, like 4.8k hp….on a cunning? Then there is the buff to super distraction both in how much damage it does from 1x to 1.5 and the fact it can be used turn 1 and take almost 0 damage (since it distracts twice) and the fact it also I think got an attack buff. It’s Ludia just make things zero to woah WOAH! again as always.

8 Likes

And yet, you’re suggesting a nerf?

6 Likes

Hydra and ref are now extremely good ref got too much and hydra did not need a buff. Ludia must of thought because people weren’t using hydra it was bad but that’s no the case people were not using it because it needs to be lv30 for most

4 Likes