Does Ref need a nerf?

It could need a nerf, it’s a straight up better sr3 rn. It doesn’t really have many counters. Beats bear, draws with skoona, can rng it’s way through parathops. Ankylos is the only hard counter. I’d give it till next update to really understand

3 Likes

Mate, atleast read the first line of OPs post first

1 Like

It’s a more ‘generalized’ statement to all those calling for nerfs. You all have the same opportunity to build a dino if one rises to the top. Calling for nerfs constantly is why so many people have to bench their hard work.

3 Likes

That’s the way this game has been since way back with dilorano and stegod though, people should be used to it by now. If you’re going to boost something blatantly broken, be prepared to lose resources eventually. But, I will say that nerfing creatures without giving a boost reset/boost refund tokens isn’t something that should be done

1 Like

Let’s face it. It’s all a marketing ploy. I’m sure the devs test them, but without boosts which results to very interesting things once added. What I don’t understand is that few like the recent Phoru or the old Monomimus gets nerfed heavily while others like Testa, Skoona, gets nerfed lightly like one item here and there. Devs favorite? Lol

Edit: I may be wrong about the devs testing them before releasing the update. At least based on the recent release.

1. Phoru’s nerf(s) came out in installments, not in several releases but in a single release. Did this happen before?

2. The change from 6% to 12% counter heal. Removed after the initial update. Again, has this happened before?

This shows the effort they’ve put in this release, Half ashed?

3 Likes

It’s most likely based on the number of users that have invested in them, Once enough players have, it gets nerfed. Simples.

5 Likes

Testa and Skoona have been around for sooo long, at leach much more than Phoru. Players have been complaining about them before Phoru even came out.

i wonder if 4800hp is ok for a cunning dilophosaurus-like creature, which has distraction effect in all 6 abilities, plus some resistance to dot, rend and vulnerability.

:eyes:

5 Likes

I think my future ankylodic build can do it.

2 Likes

Uhm he just got buffed so no he doesn’t need one

Not. Another. Nerf. Thread

1 Like

I like how half the people commenting here haven’t even read the post lol

2 Likes

I was thinking something along the lines of this too, they seem to be actually trying to improve based on the feedback. Another example is that they changed the name of fierce decelerating impact to group resilient impact in the notes after seeing all the complaints

It needs slight nerf (only health ) but let people enjoy the buff anyway at least for 4-6 months just like Phorurex. If stuff like skoona, ankylux, and bear king are still arround, it wouldn’t be a problem if refre keeps his current health especially since he doesnt have any on escape move anyway.

2 Likes

Ref walking into battle with around 8.7k hp if you go max health. :rofl:

7 Likes

That sounds accurate :rofl:

Just wait till everyone boosts ref to the maximum.
And in the next update or two, it will be nerfed again. :joy:

2 Likes

Honestly, the more comments I read, I realize Ref might need a small nerf. 4800 HP down to 4500 or at most 4350HP. It won’t be too drastic and won’t leave Ref completely gutted, but it’ll still be good afterwards, which is what most players want on a dino that’s been nerfed.

7 Likes

I would reduce the hp and adjust SD, or even give it a delay again and change out AN for a better mov, the resist buff was needed

1 Like

Ref beats lux lol it just happened