Does this mean no more obscene trophy counts?

I am super happy to see my suggestions implemented this arena season- namely looser mm (+/- 8-50ish trophies) and bots not giving trophies.

Im sure i wasnt the only one but well done ludia, kudos!

14 Likes

This is awesome!
Very creative and impactful addition I wasn’t expecting (nice work Ludia)

3 Likes

I was hoping I didn’t have to experience this for myself but …After 4 minutes

AI played: blue, delta, Charlie and monolometrodon.
All level 25-26 with that being the average of the dinos on my team

2 Likes

@wrothgar @Hersh Does the AI option only appear after a certain length of time or is it there from the start?

After the timer counts down.

So it’s only as a back up option when no matches are found rather than a choice for the player. :expressionless:

Oh well.

2 Likes

I still got incubator right?

2 Likes

I think it’s a stupid idea. There’s already no incentive to keep ranking up except to gain trophies for bragging rights. No new arenas, and the tournament rewards suck. Now people will just battle for incubators and go offline like half of the players already do. I enjoyed spending 6 hours a night doing battles. I don’t get to do them until night because of work. Eventually I’ll just be stuck fighting bots for incubators and then go play another game all night. Oh well. I guess other players will be happy that they implemented something that doesn’t affect them.

I would prefer to be able to choose. If I want incubators I select a bot. If I want a challenge, I wait for a player.

1 Like

That is brilliant news, now we might be able to actually find out who the good players are and not worry about the obsessive grinders. One small step towards balance, one giant leap for competative battling in JWA!

1 Like

Im going to say something that may not be popular with my friends, but it is something i believe and is my opinion based on years experience playing competitive games. Disagreeing is obviously fine, but hope we can still be friends with different opinions :slight_smile:

Wait times need to be adressed somehow. But allowing people to grind bots for trophies in a competitive environment is not the way.

The leaders should not be permanent fixtures. Gaining 4 trophies and losing up to 60 or so should be possible if you are that high. You should have to defend your spot. There should be a chance for others to overtake you.

So long as you keep winning, the result is the same - you stay on top. You just lose your cushion. Thats how it should be.

There are 5 issues here though that are related but NOT the same. Ive adressed the first one.

The next is wait times (which will get worse if we add more mm rules such as level dependencies and/or win/loss ratios). This is a hard one. My suggestion would be to start mm and allowing us to match up/down higher as wait time increases. Elo system keeps it fair. Battles also currently take too long - especially to update largely inaccurate markers for battle. Counter attacks, and especially double bleeds, need to occur more quickly. Speed this up. Also, why am I sitting in a waiting screen to be matched, only to be sitting in a waiting screen to load? This is really bad especially when it times out - or worse, doesnt and my opponent is already wailing on me. Fix this, shorten it. Im sure there are other suggestions.

After this you have incubators. Ludia has made incubators a big part of both dna collection and coins. Give us options to grind incubators without playing in the arena. Or provide an alternate solution (pve campains or something). Daily quests are a step in the right direction, but are sorely lacking so far.

Then you have bullies vs team strength vs collectors and unskilled people in general. Adding more rules to mm based on team strength will simply cause me to stop upgrading my team at best, and quit the game at worst. Its not a good idea, unless you are talking extreme examples (lvl 20 dinos vs lvl 10). I dont want to see someone with level 3 dinos at 6400 because they only ever matched others that did the same. Thats dumb. It also increases mm time. Trophies is fine except in extreme examples. However it would be good to implement some sort of mercy rule. If you lose 3 in a row, match you vs someone else who has lost at least that many too. Do this until you win. “It can be abused for easy matches!” You say. So what? You just gave out 3 free wins to folks before bullying one. And that guy that was bullied will continue to face those also on a loss streak, continuing to increase the odds they get an easy match - especially when combined with trophy count.

And finally you have rewards. While Ludia is getting better, including those lower was a great idea, they need to do more to incentivize the top 100ish or so spots. Increasing dna is not the way to go. Add some cosmetic rewards (read: skins, player profile pics, something) to the exisitng rewards.

That was a lot to type on a phone. Those are my thoughts.

1 Like

i love that the bot cussion is now gone. thats something that has been talked about here before. now the “peasants” have a chance to gain some ground on the top rankers.

1 Like

and matching… they should first look for members within 100 trophies… next 400 trophies or whatever… then the ai

1 Like