Ludia Forums

Dominator Team - Yay or Nay?

This is my current lineup, and by next week it’ll have a level 40 Ichthyostega and level 40 Scaphognathus added to it. In another two weeks, it’ll have a level 40 Ostafrikkersaurus and level 40 Microposaurus OR level ~15 Ostaposaurus. Also, I have another Mastodonsaurus in the market so I have a potential level 20 Mastodonsaurus (unsure to keep it at level 10s or one level 20).

What do y’all experienced people think? Is it good enough for Dominator League?

3 Likes

Pertty sure yes…you’re more prepared than I am…Just got a lvl 40 Labyrintho and a lvl 20 stegoceratops

2 Likes

Pretty much any team consisting of at least level 10 VIP’s can make it to dominator, it just depends on how many DB’s you want to spend.

If you are looking at not spending DB’s then obviously you have to look for quantity more than ferocity. Which has been the advice given to you in the past and I don’t think that will change.

For perspective, my highest ferocity is a lvl 40 trex, but I have another 30 in between that and my lvl 10 VIP’s. It easily allows me to finish in dominator and complete all the daily battles no problem.

Just go for more dinos in between lvl 10 VIP and lvl 40 trex, doesn’t really even matter too much which ones they are IMO, although you will find ones you like (for me the lvl 10 ostaposaurus is the one I like a lot)

@Whyludiawhy I get what you mean. What I wanted to say is, the current lineup of mine… will it be sufficient to get enough victories in Dominator? Ik taht quantity over quality matters, but I wanted to get a brief idea whether my team can make it with minimal bucks expenditure.

Ostaposaurus and Unayrhynchus won’t be tough for me, I have enough individuals to make it. I may have to spend some DNA but not a lot.

Why just not focus on coin production for a bit? The quicker you raise your coin production the better it is for you. No matter how much you get daily,it is going to remain insignificant if you cannot do coins to Jurassic or obtain creatures from custom trade It is going to be quite expensive later if you do not do it now, maxing 9 Alangasaurus can take lots of DNA,consider purchasing 8 copies for 1 single maxed copy is around 10,000 DNA.

3 Likes

Alangasaurus will not be enough alone, Labyrinthosaurus will also be required,sooner or later. Each Labyrinthosaurus maxed individually costs over 10,000 DNA even on discount

2 Likes

I have Suprannotitan, Metrialong, Limnorhynchus and Pachyceratops (one individual). Like I said, I’m getting hybrids too from custom trades. Yes I will max my Alangasaurus paddock, but this discussion is about Tournaments so let’s not focus on coin production here.

1 Like

I am surprised you are still focused on tournaments. A Secure Dominator finish and you are good to go, do not waste the time on focusing your line up on tournaments, VIP creatures are more than enough to handle what is happening in tournaments,they have a good ferocity as well as short cooldown

1 Like

I see you are getting hybrids too from these trades,but Coin production is the question here,it is a one time investment that will help you throughout,the more time you take,the worse it is

1 Like

Yeah… of course I’ll work on maxing the Alanga and Labyrinth paddocks, but I’m not spending that DNA now to know if I need to buy some creatures in lineup matters. Let’s see this coming week’s tournament - I’ll write down my score change, bucks spent and all, and then see if my lineup can handle weekly dominator finishes.

If I am able to comfortably finish, I’ll go straight to Alangasaurus and Labyrinthosaurus and stop the lineup goals.

2 Likes

oh definetely i have a similar team just more deep but i take big long breaks from battles and still finish mid-high dom you should be good

3 Likes

Could be rough, some of your dino’s cooldown could be torture.

3 Likes

Also I do have 5 individual Segnosauruses (4 unhatched), just 3 more for max which will be too strong. So here’s my plan, I’ll have two level 30s, and in a similar way I did with Indominus, I shall make Segnosuchus super-fast and keep it at level 3 or 4. But ofc, will make sure I have enough DNA to buy a second.

2 Likes

They are. But if level 10 VIPs actually work their magic as they say, it’ll not be very hard.

2 Likes

(Exactly what I’m planning to do with my Diplotator once I have enough SDNA)

3 Likes

Haha yea, that’s the best way to make that hybrid you love without unbalancing PvE.

2 Likes

I think the best strategy is to bring in 3 lvl 10 VIPs into battle/1 lvl 20 VIP and 2 other dinos (not necessarily your worse, just the ones too weak to be in Dominator but good enough for Predator). As for the level 40 legendaries bring 2 of them, and 1 weak dino. Same with I rex and Brachiosaurus. This rounds up to about 11 battles.

3 Likes

Yea but what about victory chances?

Depends on the matchup. I say 70/30 overall.

Your strategy would get 70% chance as well as better trophy count.