Donation counts

Do they mean anything in the long run? In my guild we all help each other with gear, and it keeps score… So is there some reward for Donating a certain amount? Or is it a meaningless number showing your generosity?

The meaningless number is, how much gold you’ve gotten from donating.

1 Like

I don’t donate for gold count. Only to help out other members. Normally I make enough gold on my own.
Saying it’s to reflect how much gold you’ve made seems pointless. And mostly as some symbol of who gives the most.
I was hoping it had some actual use. As in once your donation number hits X , then your awarded such and such, or this and that increases etc.

It’s an indirect way of determining who is active and who isn’t (since Ludia has not supplied an actual way for Guild Leaders to easily know that)

3 Likes

@PrestonSJ

You do realize there’s a reason why a lot of the top players have high donation counts and it’s not just because we’re trying to help out our fellow guild members. Donations are just as valuable for the donater as they are for the receiver and an active guild would ideally have a healthy donation community.

For example, below is our current donation stats for the top of the leaderboard for Raiders of Ravenloft. I personally am over 35000 in my current donation count. This count is not a total for all time, but a total over the last few weeks only. The gold and experience you get from donation is quite valuable and in a guild with healthy donations you are trading gear, in addition to trying to level a particular piece, for increased gold and experience guildwide. In a guild where you are one of a few donators with loads of non-donators, it sort of sucks and something to consider in terms of whether you like the guild you are in.

CPXZ
Raiders of Ravenloft
Come Join Us and Take My Gear From Me, I’m Donating It Away Like a Madman :grinning:

3 Likes

It gold count but over a period of time. After a while without donating it decreases

Makes sense. I was only asking because everything else in the game seems to work on a point system and I haven’t seen anyone mention the Donation counts.
My Guild is small time compared to yours. Only about 8 actively playing/trading gear etc.

1 Like