Downgrading (Jurassic)

Just sold off my level 20 indoraptor.
Swimming in a pile of velociraptor SDNA anyway, nearing 14k.
Not sure how infinity and other battle difficulties will change, and how soon.
But the 80k DNA will go toward a good cause, i.e., more birdie superhybrids. :cold_sweat:
@Tommi, thanks for showing the way.

6 Likes

That must have been a very difficult decision :grimacing:
In life, a person sometimes has to make hard decisions but thats the way of life… i mean… jurassic world :joy:

4 Likes

Tommi sold off a level 30, I think, so any claim to bravery on my side is, at best, only 2/3 of what he demonstrated. :clap:
But learning to let go and reprioritizing is, indeed, an important life (and game) lesson, one that is, more often than not, very very difficult to learn. :neutral_face:

2 Likes

You know we can start going deep with this conversation ( not sure if I should use a laugh, cry or thinking emoji)
Wow, I think I remember him saying that. But hey, now your game is probably going to change alot so more fun for you. Not sure if the indoraptor was an important piece of your deck but I believe its more interesting having 15 more dinos instead of just one. And from what i have heard, if your ferocity decreased, then it is supposed to get easier at PvE

I might even sell off the four I now have at 12. That way, my top dinos will be even closer together in terms of ferocity, hence more balanced, as people here like to say. We’ll see.

2 Likes

Probably not quite so bad when you have a ton of sDNA sitting around either. Hope it pays off!

1 Like

That’s an interesting move, I don’t use my level 20 Indo very much and that might be a really good trade off with the deal going right now…

I don’t particularly need the Super hybrid flyer at this point with my line up but being able to sell the level 20 would drop the one creature that is out in front of everything, hmmm I will have to think about this :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:.

5 Likes

The battle difficulty will change when new battles appear. This could cause a problem for your infinite battle. I hope you finished your infinite battle before you sold your Indoraptor.

Did this Indoraptor cause you big problems? A year after my self decapitation I’m now back to the point where I got 12 Indoraptors, one at lvl 11 and 11 at lvl 10 and more than 24k of SDNA.
Unlike others I do not want to stop evolving my dinos at a certain point (this would make the game most probably uninteresting to me) and I’m asking myself for some time now how to proceed. I already got some lvl 30 Segnosuchus and Gorgosuchus and some lvl 23 Metriaphodons but I’m still afraid that they are not good enough to keep my lineup balanced once I decide to bring my Indoraptors again back to lvl 20.

This is the exact reason I have been stock pilling level 23 Metris and level 28/29 Segnos, when I start evolving level 20 indoraptors I am going to need to start fusing some of my herb and petros in to stronger creatures and I want to have the bench to do so.

3 Likes

Did you not see @Tommi’s screenshots of him though?! How could you NOT want a lvl 30 or 40 of that bad boy?! I would want him just for the fun of playing such a cool-looking beastie. And getting to postulate every time I use one… just how such an armored bird manages to fly at all!

2 Likes

I don’t know that ANY of us don’t want to evolve past a certain point EVER. I certainly dream of someday having lineups like these will all these maxed out VIPs and the rest approaching that. I’m just not planning to do it for a long, long, long, LONG time!

1 Like

@DinoStan I’ve not thought about selling my lvl 20 Indoraptor, but I do regret making it lol however, after being conservative with my resources I was able to get one bundle and a single pack this week to make 3 more Tapejalocephalus Which seems to have brought a bit more balance.

2 Likes

@Sionsith, your situation differs from mine in that you got those 2 segnos at level 29 right after that level 20 indo. I’ve been tempted several times, but my segnos stay at 20, with a few monostegotops at 30 leading the charge right now, possibly going up to 40 later on once the enclosure gets crowded. You’re correct though, the ongoing SDNA deal was what sparked this move. Got 4 deals left, and I can already afford 2. I’m more comfortable with the super tapy at 40 than a metria bird beyond 20. [Just noticed that, should you sell your 20 indo, your top of lineup almost mirrors Tommi’s.]
@Tommi, this move wasn’t motivated so much by battle difficulty, although any cooldown beyond 24 hours bugs me, and I have a few others besides the >11 indos. Indo Rex 40 at two whole days is an exception since it’s the best looking, alongside level 40 triceratops. :shushing_face:
@Mary_Jo, hopefully our miscues and adjustments help you plan better with fewer or no regrets.
@Bobby_Farmer, leveling the indo to 20 was when my game started going bonkers, as it did for Chris. I think that was what sparked him into the in-depth analyses that many here now find invaluable helpful.

2 Likes

The Segnosuchus at level 29 is a big drop down from the level 20 Indo, those were feeding mistakes and are only slightly higher than the level 10 Indo and the level 11 Indo, which again is just slightly higher in ferocity than the level 10. I will need a lot more of the Segnosuchus since it only really has one more level to gain when keeping up with the Indoraptor leveling before needing to be fused. The Metriaphodon has 7 more feeding levels before needing to be fused which gives it a bit more runway to keep up with the ferocity of the Indoraptor.

3 Likes

Your lineup seems to be more sophisticated than mine but don’t you think your a little bit weak on amphibians?
I know that Gorgosuchus is not very useful, too weak at lvl 40 and incredible long cooldown, but I had one or two situations where I needed one of them. I hate fights where my first opponent is a carnivore that can one shot my strongest Indoraptor.

1 Like

@Tommi, with amphibs, they have advantage over carnivores. Previously, with an indo 20 as #1, the carnivore opponents that showed up weren’t anything my level 40 presto or mastodonsaurus couldn’t handle. Besides, I always have indoraptors if need be, which don’t half the opposing attack, but actually have comparable attack with the aforementioned amphibs. When there’s a strong bird on the other side, I often send in 3x indos and usually win. My philosophy is to stick near the level 40 VIPs, which currently cannot be upgraded any further.

3 Likes

@Tommi I’m horrified to think of coming up against anything that could 1-hit kill an Indoraptor!! I guess this is the advantage that I’ve spent most of my hatchery time just filling my paddocks as opposed to growing my top tiers. Indo level 11s are my highest by a good margin. And don’t really have problems with any of my battles. When I start advancing my top dino’s, I’m going to need to be really careful!

3 Likes

This is basically what I am doing, just at a lower level than where you all are… really packing those paddocks, if not completely full then close to it, before leveling up. And really slowly advancing even when I do, trying to avoid any really big jumps in my top AFS. I kind of gauge my success by how my daily Infinity battles are going, which are consistently the hardest events each day to get through, and so far have very rarely lost one, and never lost more than once on a single day.

3 Likes

Similarly to @DinoStan my Indoraptors or Metriaphodons take care of any carnivore that is out of line and if I need to I throw in any one of my amphibians if I need to build up action points or need to force a possible swap from the opponent. I do have a bunch of level 20 Gorgosuchuses that are just below the screen shots I took as fillers if need be. I havent leveled them to level 30 because the longer cool down time bothers me, but eventually I will have to deal with that.

2 Likes

OK, sucked it up and sold two of my level 12 indos.
Today’s infinity was alright, nothing noticeably different.
But maybe it was still tuned to when I still had a 20 indo.
Will grab two more bundles tomorrow and compete the daily task along the way.
Super tapys, unite!!! :rage:

4 Likes