Ludia Forums

Edestus Bracketed Tournament 5/1 - 5/4

This weekend’s bracketed tournament has been confirmed. Onchopristis for park levels 12-39, a plesiosaur (Plesiosaurus?) for levels 40-59, and Edestus for levels 60+. According to the icons, the lightweight division uses Jurassic creatures while the other two divisions will be using Aquatic creatures. This will be the first Edestus tournament since I’ve been playing (August 2018), and the first unlock opportunity for Edestus since the December 2019 Clash of Titans. If anyone is competing in the lightweight or middleweight divisions, could you please post data. Our knowledge of the lower divisions is extremely limited. Good luck to all.

Edited to correct my error to represent the correct Clash of Titans

2 Likes

I was pretty nervous that I wouldn’t be able to properly compete in this one because I went on a fusing rampage and lost my megalodon, archelon, dunkleosteus, and mosasaurus, which were staples in my lineup. I’m happy to hear it’s a dinosaur I already have unlocked :joy: good luck everyone

1 Like

Actually we just had an unlock in CoT for Edestus in December. I was pretty sure I remembered having an unlock recently for it, as it was one I had been missing to complete a badge. And indeed, it is listed there on my spreadsheet.

Definitely does appear to really be an aquatic tournament, I’m looking forward to it as the last one I was too new a player to do well in, and now I have a pretty decent number of lvl 20 VIPs and hybrids, but would have been even sweeter if it had been something I really needed (like Segnosaurus…again!)

5 Likes

How did I miss that? It fixed now. Thanks, @Mary_Jo

2 Likes

No worries, you were probably just looking through the tournaments and not the clash of titans! With holidays in December/winter I found it more difficult to do the CoT

Why Edestus? Archelon or Umoonasaurus would be more logical, Edestus and Megarchelon were fairly recent unlocks and we have had 3 cave tournaments fishis recently.

The middleweight looks like Styxosaurus, which is a good ferocious meatshield.

5 Likes

Well, I’m looking to just make pred on this one.

I’ve been evolving my fishes all week, but lev 1 VIP, lev 10 Tourney, lev 20 Leg and lev 30 SRs will mean it might be hard to even get to pred.

Good luck all.

2 Likes

close to middle cause of 70000 xp

Well at least it’s not a hugely important unlock (at least currently). Compared to the unlock the LAST aquatic tournament had! So I wouldn’t fret too much over not being able to compete real high. Seems Ludia is reminding players that they aren’t giving up on aquatic (and perhaps ceno too) tournaments so don’t ignore those areas TOO much.

2 Likes

Yeah, after a couple of select Jurassic evolves, I’ll be evolving all of ceno up next.

Just in case.

1 Like

A helpful (I hope) reminder: bracketed tournaments typically start out with tough opponents. Whether it ends up using Jurassic or Aquatic creatures, bring your A teams from go. Level 40 commons usually get slaughtered even in Prey League.

8 Likes

I don’t put a whole lot of effort into the aquatics, with that being said I just battled 2 VIP aquatics on one team in prey league, one over lvl 10… (stronger than any of my creatures). probably not gonna put much effort into this one.

1 Like

Same problems for me. :frowning:

That’s the nature of a bracketed tournament. They start out hard

1 Like

@HanSoloWannaBe I missed you!
Do you mean that we will face tough opponents just in the beginning of the tournament or they will continue be higher-than usual strong all the time. I don’t remember a lot from the last bracketed tournament…

1 Like

Well reading previous comments, now I understand why my first fight was like this. There is not much to say, just that I will not be long in this tournament hehehe

I have no way to compete

1 Like

In my limited experience, they start out hard, but the Dominator-level opponents are equivalent to a non-bracketed tourney. They start hard, but at the top, they are no stronger than usual.

1 Like

Clawed my way into Domintor, 99th place with 299 trophies. Entire bench on cool down now. This us going to be tough.

Here is my opening battle. Unfortunately, taking the picture ended the battle. But a similar lineup drew similar opponents and won 30 trophies.

3 Likes

It definitely does seem like the opponents are even harder than normal for bracketed tournaments… but since it’s aquatic with no common or rares to start with maybe that’s why.

First time I can remember seeing Prey division! Usually any win in Hatchling skips right over it for me.

3 Likes