Ludia Forums

Enough of this

Probably not of interest to anyone, but I got to say I’m a bit disappointed in this game. After that I finished the main campaign, the game has been immensely boring. I’ve done the events, and battled in the arena enough to fill my chest opening 24/7. Paid a couple of hundred € since I started, and did get the VIP subscription, and still the game progresses at a sluggish rate, and simply is quite pointless.
What keeps people playing? After finishing the campaign and getting the characters to lvl 12-13, it’s painfully boring.

Congratulations, you’ve beaten the game. Waterdeep is safe for now.

A couple of thoughts: the Free to Play game model departs from the previous Pay to Play game model in some important aspects:

1. You get more content for free with F2P.
  2. You get less content for the same dollar investment.
  3. F2P games utilize skinner box psychological principles to attempt to train people into habitual engagement and increase chance of conversion into paying player.
  4. F2P games have a deliberately slow pace to maintain player engagement over weeks if not months.
  5. Content is costly to develop, so procedurally generated content will give the user the most varied experience for the cheapest development dollars.
  6. Procedurally generated content will end up stale without constant infusion of new content.
  7. Notwithstanding skinner boxes, the economic principle of diminishing returns will make you enjoy repetitive activities less and less over time.

Given that you’ve beaten the game, I infer that you enjoy the game on some levels due to a combination of graphics, nostalgia for D&D, the tactical gameplay, the slow accumulation of resources and gear, etc.

So based on the above, it’s my opinion that it’d be a good time to take a break from the game and come back to it when you feel the itch again. Your progress will still be there. It’s a PvE game so you aren’t “falling behind”. And you can pick up right where you left off once (and if) a new explore mode Dungeon gets released.

2 Likes