Ludia Forums

Epic better than a Legendary?

I think some pictures are worth a thousand words…

12 Likes

2 Likes

But honestly is this a surprise

4 Likes

Seeing the numbers is quite disheartening. I never looked at the differences side to side like that. I normally only think of the movesets and speeds when comparing dinosaurs. This is…

2 Likes

You should have seen Monomimus back in its heyday! Would be a much closer comparison than it is now, after 2 or 3 nerfs.

9 Likes

Oh my beloved monomimus… procera will get his nerf one day… and you will get the buff you deserve. Just let you know, your on my team forever.

9 Likes

In 1.4 my level 22 Monomimus had 2962 health and 1070 damage and 129 speed but the moveset was also different:

Null Strike
Null Impact
Distracting Impact
Evasive Stance
Immunity

2 Likes

I believe the phrase that was used by Ludia to explain why Monomimus was so strong back in the day and the reason why it was going to receive nerfs was that it was mistakenly made too strong due to a ‘gross miscalculation’. Procerathomimus came on the scene after the Monomimus nerfs so it’s current state really undermines Ludia’s previous statements concerning Monomimus.
We’re the lessons to be learned from Mono forgotten and Procerath got to its present strength by accident? Doubtful.
Is Mono more or less a forgotten Dino that hasn’t kept pace with the power creep of the evolving meta while Proceratho has? Maybe in part.
Has Ludia just been inconsistent and sometimes contradictory in their statements and and stance on this game and it’s dinos over time? I would argue yes.

4 Likes

Meh. They are totally diff dinos. There was a time when mono existed and procera didn’t even.

I thought this was going to compare related dinos like utahsino and utarinex.

Plus your comparison is flawed. Compare a level 16 mono with a level 11 procera. :wink: Hybrid creation gap

1 Like

When my beloved Monostegotops and Suchotator suffered health and/or damage nerfs I just undid those nerfs with boosts. Of course that’s probably what Ludia wanted us to do, but the joke’s on them because I didn’t spend a single penny of real $$$ to do so! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Procera still has the advantage

2 Likes

Ummmmmmmm

Ya where did ya get those stats

Why does it matter though? Rarity should not matter more compared to acessibility.

It’s matter when one needs an epic to fuse with and an exclusive commons while another need two rares by ladder and power the legendary should be better than the epic

How would you feel if a common was killing your hard to find/create dinos.

4 Likes

Strictly hybrids, rarity doesn’t matter. Should’ve made that more clear

Like miragaia used to do. Or velociraptor used to do lol

Sorry. My initial reply was supposed to say - “compare a lvl 16 to a level 11 - since that is the creation level for each hybrid. My theory was you have to put more work into procera if you want the same levels as mono - but even at their created gap - procera edges out mono (except for health).

1 Like

Monomimus was good when Lockwood Manor was a new arena …
Dang, so much has changed since
:flushed:

4 Likes