Ludia Forums

Epic disappeared too early

Bug Description:

Today, I woke up JWA (from being minimized) and saw a Baryonyx had spawned right at my house. However, because of connection issues (:roll_eyes:), I needed to restart the app and after doing so, the Baryonyx was gone. I’m pretty sure that this wasn’t due to the usual 1 hour timer, as I had checked the app about 30 minutes before (where there was no Baryonyx). Am I experiencing a bug or is this behaviour intentional? Note that no scent was activated!

How do you reproduce the bug:
For now it’s just a one-time incident. However, I think a have had the same issue earlier, also with non-epics.

How often does it happen:
Every once in a while, I guess

What type of device are you using:
Honor 8

I have experienced that there is something called proximity spawn where a dino appears only when it comes within 20-30m of your range and it only gets triggered if you are in a certain location (triggering points).
When such dinos appear, if your GPS moves a bit, they disappear. Only way to get the dino back is to move around that spawn location hoping to trigger it again.

3 Likes

This makes perfect sense to me. In fact, as soon as the dino was gone, I did suspect something like a proximity trigger and moved around for a few minutes, but unfortunately couldn’t convince it to appear again…

Are there any more details about this mechanism? Is there a way to distinguish a proximity spawn from a “usual” one?

The proximity spawn obviously triggers only when you r near or cross the point. If you are in a group, the dino might appear for one but not for other based on your position and GPS position generated by phone.
Usual spawn would ideally appear to everyone from distance.

I am not sure if proximity spawns have same stay duration like normal spawns. I mean like 45 mins - 1hr.
Thought they were made to have people walk around and discover them as surprises. :slight_smile: