Ludia Forums

Epic Occasion Fish

What the deuce is the connection between the Epic Occasion and fish?:fishing_pole_and_fish::thinking:

1 Like

My thoughts exactly. And the color scheme looks like a toy-maker from the 1800’s was using up some excess paint. What the what?

2 Likes

I don’t mind the color, but I am also wondering why the fish?

1 Like

They’re kites. look to be koi specifically,

2 Likes

yes they do appear to be koi fish kites, but why are they included in the week? is there an irl event?

3 Likes

koi are often associated with strength of character, perseverance, accomplishment and courage. The fish also symbolise good fortune, success, prosperity and ambition.

i guess you could loosely link the symbolism. but there’s probably a different reason.

5 Likes

The Kite Festival starts on Saturday?

1 Like

that could be it.

1 Like

It’s a better design than horseshoes, a bowler hat and a short glass with ice and mint in it. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I personally like it, The theme is something different from the norm.

2 Likes

Koi flags are associated with Golden Week in Japan, a week with multiple holidays. This marks the fifth holiday week in a row from Easter to now - I’m sure there’s very good reason.

7 Likes

They kind of remind me of sweetish fish

3 Likes

Swedish? 10

2 Likes

They’re wind socks lol, I guess you’ve never heard of them lol.

1 Like

fimsh

10 char

The Japanese never stops to surprise :jp:

Just read up on Golden Week in Japan, cool stuff! Gotta hand it to Ludia honestly. They do a good job of keeping up with Cultural events pretty well. You could never hit every event in the world, but they incorporate a handful throughout the year, and constantly incorporate new ones. Thanks to them, I learned about Golden Week in Japan, thanks Ludia!

4 Likes

Someone beat me to it, but yeah, Golden Week/Children’s Day. It’s pretty cool to see Ludia doing holiday events for other countries outside the US/Canada, I didn’t expect to see them here! Props to them.

Now Ludia, about St. George’s day… :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like