Epic Strike Towers - Ruined by Boosts

I’m sure some of those with lower level creatures will disagree but I think Epic Strike Towers are yet another feature of this game that has been ruined by boosts. Some were really difficult for higher level teams and I used to enjoy the strategy and planning - now you always have the speed advantage and can just chomp your way through. I think boosts should be nullfied in towers but I bet Ludia’s solution will be to add them to the AI which means only those who buy boosts can compete … I probably shouldn’t give them ideas.

15 Likes

I agree that they’re way too easy now. I like that I can get all the incubators now, but I have little to no trouble with them anymore, even the ones with teams of three level 30 creatures.

I must admit the days of planning out your team and deciding on movesets are long gone. Even waiting to find out what order the AI comes in isn’t required anymore.

4 Likes

Wait till boosted towers happen. 156 speed Rex :joy:

6 Likes

Yep my team was destroyed by a boost Rex and i lost 10$ and 10 minutes of my life :stuck_out_tongue:

Strikes are a good chance to use the dusty dinos sitting in your dinodex. These girls need some sun every once in awhile.

Ps - I have never used boosted dinos in epic strikes. :wink:

2 Likes

Then why did you press the “Create Topic” button?

Seriously though… I agree… but people will never be happy…

I liked the strikes prior to boosts… then again… I also liked the game more prior to boosts as well… lol

1 Like

@DinoL3o: I used to wait for your strategy/videos and those on forum before attempting the Epic towers every Saturday/Sunday!
But now with my Boosted dinos (most of whom outspeed the unboosted fastest dinos), it’s a matter of just blindly chomping till you win!

Not complaining, but miss those days of strategizing, and fond memories like Lord Lythnorax!

6 Likes

The success in the epic strike towers using boosted creatures I think also depends how heavily a creature has been boosted. My creatures are on the most part are mildly boosted and cannot take down high level bosses alone. I still plan for epic strike towers and say lots of prayers along the way. :pray:
I think it is very important to remember that not all players are on the same page and how crucial it is to have guides whether your creatures are boosted, mildly boosted, or not boosted at all.
If your guide includes a boosted creature, try to think of an alternative for players that either don’t have that creature boosted or don’t have it at all. Maybe they can still use the non boosted version.
When my team was much lower level and didn’t have many legendaries or any uniques, I thought the epic strike towers were impossible. It was through some very helpful guides from higher level players that took the time to come up with a lower level guide to show that even ordinary teams can pass these.
If a challenge is needed, try to do it without boosts. :grinning:

Sadly that is the truth @torque, lol. Most folks now have capable teams of handling the tower, add in the boosts, only those that glitch out during battles or run into other issues (user error lol) will have problems. There are some new players I’m sure but very few of them have jumped onto forum so nowadays it’s just everyone posting videos of successes lol. Nothing wrong with that!

1 Like

I predict they will add boosted trike towers but hope they add boosts as rewards for defeating those. They should keep the non boosted towers. I do like the idea of boosts being removed when doing non boosted towers.

1 Like

Strike tower 0:3 vs Boosted Thor

Well I understand since they’re much easier now and good for lower levels. But yeah like you said just use other dinos from the bench if you don’t want to plow the towers lol.

I kind of enjoy smashing them still, as payback from my early days long ago but it won’t last. Boosted towers are probably coming. You already see boosted AI in arena.

1 Like

4 Likes

vadernoo

4 Likes

I haven’t made a topic about 'it cause I know boosted towers will come eventually…

That’ll suck for regular players.

2 Likes

How to make a positive thing in this declining game into a negative thing…seriously, why cant yiu just be more considerate to the lower lvl players, who finally have a chancr to winning an epic strike tower. If you want a challenge, no one is stopping you from using non-boosted dinos in the epic strike towers. Heck, you can even use only common dinos if you crave so mich for a challenge. Just dont drag everyone with you

1 Like

At some point we were lower lvl player too and only dream about defeating those epic strike … boost removed some of the enjoyment for me too so I try to use unboosted dino and even non unique ones :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I think they should add boosted strike towers but keep the ones they have currently, they can have all level 30 with boosted tier 5 dinos, and instead of getting a regular epic incubator it can be like a double epic one, where you get double the DNA than normal.

1 Like