Eremotherium in real life!

Eremotherium in real life! Maybe they’re not equal in size, but they’re definitely equally cute.

23 Likes

Awww. Did you take this ?

2 Likes

Yes I did.

3 Likes

Lovely! Had the opportunity to feed 2 of these jovial fellows some years ago. Great experience :slight_smile:

3 Likes

What- wow. How was it like ?

Never got a chance to feed a sloth before lol. I have fed birds before though :joy: :sloth:

1 Like

Well, what should I say? It was great!
But you still get warned to be careful. They might not be the fastest, but they are incredibly strong.

And they have been really really picky in what they want to eat. They knew exactly what was left in the bucket and have refused to eat anything else as long as their favorite food was still there :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This sounds like my cats at home :joy:

Oooh interesting. How do they eat ?

1 Like

Awwww they are very cute! :sloth: :sloth:

3 Likes

They are grabbing it piece by piece with their claws. But they are doing it in a very gentle way :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oof. Must be a long time waiting for them to grab the food :joy:

1 Like

That’s cool! Where did you do that? I’ve never been to a zoo or wildlife preserve where they let you pet sloths.

1 Like

Was in a public zoo. They dont let visitors pet sloths in general. Got it as a birthday present. But they are handling it in a very respectful manner for the sloth.
Only one person allowed, mandatory training / briefing and nothing is guaranteed. Feeding typically is fine, but petting only if they are in the mood for it :slight_smile: seems like i was lucky that day

2 Likes