Ludia Forums

Error 10010 and 10044

Dear Ludia Please can you give priority to fixing the connection issues. I always have problems connecting during the day, i try for 1 and a half hour to connect with fail but hardly ever any connection problems at night. I am connected to the internet because I try other apps and don’t have any problems connecting and running the apps. It’s always jwa that has the problem. I have also tried different mobiles and the same connection problems occur. I am currently using a ssmsung s9 with plenty ram and memory space.

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear that you’re getting these error while trying to connect to the game, @Rana_Khaled. Could you try changing the time zone setting on your device to either New York or Toronto and see if that helps?

If you’re still having issues, our support team would be happy to take a closer look if you contact them here at support+forums@ludia.com with your support key.

Thank you for your reply Ned
I tried your advice to change time zones and it still came up with error 10044 but not as often as it usually does so I will try the support email you provided. Thank you again for your response.

I’m happy to hear that changing your time zone helped with your issue. Hopefully, our support team can provide a more permanent solution!

Hi, I can’t get onto Jurassic world live, it gets as far as charging drone batteries then comes up with error 10010, I have full internet connection, I turn my WiFi off and try with full bars on 4g, I can go on all my other apps with no issues, yesterday I had an email saying maintenance be patient, since then the maintenance has gone, we have a new background picture but I still have the same error code

1 Like

Hi sorry about the delay responding, i only just saw the notification. Are you still having the problem

Hello my son is having the same issue he can not log into his guest account error 10010. He can log in with Facebook on the same decide but that is starting over.

Have you tried to clear the creche in your settings?
Only clear if your sure your game is backed up. If it still dont work then only option is to contact ludia with your support key.