Ludia Forums

Error Code 188

I’m getting a Purchasing Error Code 188 when I try to purchase runes. My purchase is not going through. Please explain and let me know what to do to fix this issue. Thanks.

Hey Sunparrot, could you please make sure that you have a valid form of payment connected to your store account? It’s possible that some incorrect credentials are causing the error, and re-adding your payment method could fix this. If the error persists, do not hesitate to contact our support team here at support+forums@ludia.com with your support key, and our team can try and assist you as well.

Ned,

Thank you for your quick response. I verified that my credit card information is correct, up-to-date, and I’m not close to the limit. The error is intermittent — sometimes my purchase will go through, and sometimes it won’t.

That’s really strange, is it possible that your credit card might have a limit restriction for online purchases? I’m not sure what could be blocking your transaction. However, if you could provide our team with more details on which purchases are not going through, they might be able to assist you.

OK - I got the answer directly from Apple. Apple has programming that tries to protect the consumer, and for security reasons, it won’t let you make “too many” purchases in a short period of time. I explained that this has caused me to lose, has caused me to miss purchase deals (2 for the price of 1), and has cost me MORE money because I’ve had to resort to the smaller purchases as they pop up – when purchasing worked – rather than the larger purchases, when purchasing didn’t work.

The rep indicated that there was no way to “turn it off.” So – My recommendation to Apple users experiencing this issue is to make a good-sized rune purchase in the morning and hope that it holds you for the day, and hope that Apple’s programming will let you make a purchase on that special deal that pops up since you haven’t made a purchase since the morning.

The rep was sympathetic and made a note that I recommended that Apple leave this decision to the consumer, as they already had great programming installed to use if a phone is stolen and also had good parental control programming.

1 Like

Thanks for the update on this, @Sunparrot, and I’m glad to hear that you were able to get an answer for your issue.