Ludia Forums

Evasion and dodge need fixing

In the current setup evasion and dodge is very poor and needs to be fixed. Right now you can fully bypass it 100%, 50% or 30%. And the odds are against all creatures that have this set of abilities. Max damage should be 50% then 25% then full miss to make it useful again. Also creatures with these abilities should not have distraction as part of their attacks As this give the opponent a double negative. As a player base we want competitive play not one sided matches and currently there are only a handful of useable Dino’s available to use if trying to climb the ladder. Let’s open things back up and let players have a larger viable pool of creatures to use again to make things fun again.

2 Likes

Lol have you ever faced an indo g2 or a procera with a creature that can’t hit though dodge? Dodge is fine. Besides all the negative effects suck now bc of the stupid immune meta

6 Likes

I still rember the time when you could Dodge 100% of the damage

3 Likes

that was what pushed me to go for indoraptor back in the day. ahh i miss that dodge. would never want to fight it again, but i do miss having it.

I like the evasion system we have now, but I agree that evasion and distraction should not come in the same attack.

1 Like

The way to counter dodge+distraction it’s a move that can cleanse distraction and do precise :man_shrugging:t2:, for example a dino with shield + armor it’s countered by Defense shattering and rending moves

1 Like

Yes that’s true but no creature without precise attacks should not be able to one-shot any creature with dodge/evasion up that’s just cheap and ruins the skills entirely and takes away from the game play of those skills.

1 Like

RNG, 1) and 2), dodge plus distraction is naturally countered by immunity, cleanse, precise, definite, nullify, or a combo of these. However, people forget that a lot of things seem op because there are no true counters, while there are a lot of creatures that can beat this stuff with mind games or other methods. What really drives me nuts is that for newer players they expect everything to be handed to them on a silver platter, which is dumb because indo2, among other things, create some mind games that require you to guess and take risks, something every game has

1 Like

I wish it was back to 100% dodge cloaking to be honest. I miss those days

2 Likes

Then you have a problem with RNG, not with the current evasion system. Evasion has always been meant to negate 50% of incoming damage. Previously, this was done by having a 50% chance to either do no damage or 100% damage.
The way it is now, if you run the numbers you’ll find that the average damage taken is equal to 50% (approximately).

RNG is one of the core mechanics of JWA, and other games like Pokemon as well. It adds a dynamic, unpredictable element that makes battles more interesting. It can easily turn the tides of a match.
If you want to know why RNG exists, there’s probably some online resource explaining that.

2 Likes