Everyone meet my real life Dinosaur!

Her name is Sapphire and she is a Blue and Gold Macaw. I’ve had her since she was 6 months old. She turns 15 this year! She is expected to live into her 80s!

She loves going on DNA hunts with me when the weather is warm.

36 Likes

What does everyone think her kit would be in JW:Alive? :joy:

2 Likes

Awww I love her :heart_eyes:

She’s beautiful! She’s also bigger than my guard dog :blush: she thinks she is Tany and when she yawns resembles her lol

8 Likes

That face!

2 Likes

She is a rescue and was on 3 day death row when I met her as she was unapproachable, but now she loves my daughter and me and that’s about it. She has a couple broken teeth and is still a little skiddish after almost 2 years. Sorry if I made your topic about me, just realized that. I love birds, had a parrotlet for almost 8 years and the vet thought his kidneys failed.

We love our dino hunting partners!

2 Likes

Distracting impact - she’s so beautiful you couldn’t put up a fight! (Also excellent hp, because of their lifespans.)

6 Likes

I love that the parrot is leash trained. Apparently dinosaurs can be domesticated.

3 Likes

Thank you everyone! Trust me she loves attention. She has even learned to recognize cellphones as cameras and will spread her wings in a pose when she sees someone taking a picture of her!

2 Likes

That’s pretty cool. I had a good friend growing up that had a bird like that. Unfortunately it was snitch and got us into all grades of trouble because whenever my friends parents came home it cussed them a blue streak with most any word we used that was foul.

2 Likes

That is hilarious! Sapphire has a pretty decent vocabulary. No bad words thankfully.

She would tease one of my cats quite a bit though when she learned “Niles(the cat) you wanna treat?” She would call that out and my poor not so smart cat would go scrambling into her room thinking it was me offering a treat. Then she would do this cackle that’s hard to put to words and he would saunter out of the room all depressed.

Poor cat would fall for it every time.

5 Likes

Such a pretty girl!
I have a danger noodle and leopard gecko. Can those count? Since I already know my fur babies don’t. Rofl

Edit, wait! I do have dinos!

They’re molting right now, so they look all scary and weird. Like some odd looking zombie chickens. :joy:

10 Likes

All of it counts! I miss owning chickens. Fresh eggs can’t be beat! Well unless you are making scrambled eggs… :drum: badumtsss

1 Like

And I am MORE than happy for this topic to turn into a sharing of all our real world dinos!! Let’s see those adorable faces!

Fresh eggs are love. Though with the weather changing and them molting I’m not getting any right now.
The other “dinos”:

Both cats turn 15 next week.

3 Likes

Awww thanks for sharing! That one cat picture is the epitome of “If I fits I sits”

3 Likes

I can’t have a dinosaur of my own, so I’m becoming one myself.

6 Likes

She’s beautiful!

1 Like

Christans against dinosaurs are mad

2 Likes