Everything wrong with Jurassic Park (the movies)

I thought it would be fun to make a thread to talk about anything about the Jurassic Park/World movies. I have not looked too hard, so I’m not sure if anyone has done a thread like this before. For one, dinosaurs had their hands facing each other rather then toward the back.

2 Likes

A lot of the creature design is obviously very inaccurate to real life. While it’s annoying, I can accept it. Those creatures are imperfect clones, an amalgamation of different genomes. JP is a science fiction franchise. Not a documentary. I just wish there was more emphasis on that.

As beautiful as the shots were, the Dominion prologue is the most infuriating and disappointing thing. It was supposed to show the prehistoric times and it still shows wrong designs and mixed up time periods and locations.

15 Likes

I agree
It really annoys me
If they wanted to have a giga killing a Rex couldn’t they have had it a few years ago at some hidden biosyn site kind of like the fallen kingdom intro

13 Likes

Completely agree in real life a Giga would not kill a Rex unless it was ambushed. That says a lot since I love Giga more than the Rex. I feel like you said had it killed the Rex in the Biosyn Facility that would be fine since it would have been genetically modified like Spino.

3 Likes

Also, in Jurassic World, why (and how) do the pteranodons grab people and throw them around? You would think they would be fed, and they eat fish anyway. Plus, the pteranodon couldn’t carry much extra weight, or else it couldn’t fly so…

8 Likes

I don’t like the holes in the frill of sinoceratops. Of course it gives it a unique touch but in real live these would be covered in skin and flesh like with other ceratopsids

5 Likes

To be fair the rex was an intruder in the gigas territory so it kinda provoked that battle. But overall yes

3 Likes

It’s the exact opposite, since Giganotosaurus is both in the wrong time period and the wrong locale.

5 Likes

True, JP is a sci-fi franchise, but it used to be quite grounded, especially the first film. The dinosaurs acted like actual animals, rather than antagonists and heroes like they are now. Plus, for the time, JP was pretty accurate. It got plenty wrong of course, but it’s depictions of dinosaurs were completely different from the depictions of dinosaurs in other films. Other films showed dinosaurs as slow, stupid, and cold-blooded, while JP depicted dinosaurs as warm-blooded, active, and smart. Now, because of JW’s reluctance to update their dinosaurs to a new modern look, the majority’s image of dinosaurs is stuck in the 90’s, because of JW’s depictions of dinosaurs. I get that the dinos are imperfect because they have different genomes in them, but still, they could at least try.

7 Likes

Yeah. But it’s not the only one. Moros lived in a different time as well

I won’t post them due to language used by search Youtube for CinemaSins. They have all five JP/JW films in their “Everything Wrong With…” series.

And Iguanodon, Oviraptor, Dreadnoughtous, Nasutoceratops…

3 Likes

Giga hunted in Argentina and hunted Argentinasaurus while trex lived in Mexico also the velocoraptors would be slightly bigger than the compys so who knows what they gave them also why dose the trex look the same in the prologue and finally dilos dont have frills and were like 20 feet long

Giga actually lived a little before argentino
Mapusaurus was the real hunter of Argentino

2 Likes

Wait what did they hunt

Lol idk if this is correct also they hunt in packs so rexy would be dead as there would be a pack

1 Like

There is no direct evidence for group hunting in giga but in a close relative instead

3 Likes

Some dinosaurs in the saga also seem to be a bit oversized (excluding raptors). Ceratosaurus for example only reaches 6 meters while the jp version is 9 meters long

2 Likes

That’s incorrect

1 Like

It’s incorrect as Giga and Argentino lived in different formations.

2 Likes