Fake Release Note Posts

Just wondering when people post fake release notes could they put [Fan Made] before [Release Notes]? You have no idea how many times I have misread these as legit release notes only to be disappointed that they are just ideas.

Thanks!

14 Likes

Idk the other, but I’m always put [fanmade] on the name, just may’be somebody will just click it faster than read.

2 Likes

Personally, I find them annoying, especially when there’s multiple ones at the same time.
To those who make them tho, you do you. I just won’t engage with them.

19 Likes
  1. I just put Fanmade on the title.
  2. Please thinking, update usually 1 months after the previous one, and no earlier, so if the lastest patch is 1 or 29 day ago, this new one is Fake.

Agree, they could make it once a month, but i did see someone makes multiple post about it.

1 Like

Everyone has the freedom to post whatever they want (if the forum rules allow).
Also it’s a matter of taste, because for example @Indotaurus_Enjoyer 's [Fan Made] release notes posts are very cool and I personally like them, as are the other 30 people who liked his post!

5 Likes

1 Like

By the way, I can’t wait for release 2.12!

2 Likes

it may drop very soon! thanks for your awaiting :grin::+1:

1 Like

What I do is click on their profile, click Normal, switch to Ignore, Time frame Forever.
Usually most of the users posts are the same quality of content.
Unfortunately it doesn’t work for topics themselves.
There’s really nothing else you can do until the mods see them as spam.
It’s also a good trick for people that post multiple screen shots at 100% size.

5 Likes

Hey everyone, just a reminder to keep the discussion respectful even if you have different opinions about fanmade release notes. Thanks!

3 Likes

Yeah. I’m about ready to do just that.

This got completely off-topic. I don’t have anything against the Fake Release notes. I was just saying format the title like [Fan Made] [Release Notes] Jurassic World Alive Version 2.12. I would just prefer it if the title Fan-Made came before Release Notes so we didn’t think they were legit. I love the fake ones tho. Just please put Fan-Made before.

3 Likes

There was a time when mods put the [Fan-Made] at the beginning of these posts when they were made, back when one user continually made them.

But yeah, [Fan-Made] needs to be at the front, not at the end. Otherwise, it feels very click-baity.

2 Likes

I don’t mind seeing fake release notes I really don’t, as people want to show their ideas for release notes and I get that and I fully respect it.

However… I can agree… I can be disappointed when reading a fan-made release note when it’s super good and I ended up realizing it’s fan-made… for people who want to make fan-made release notes I suggest you start of to say (FAN-MADE) release notes at the VERY beginning of the title and at the beginning of the post say “This is a fan-made release notes and I just want to say my ideas so please don’t take these as actual release notes” and same at the end incase people forget when reading “I hope you enjoyed reading my ideas on a release note post, remember these are NOT the actual notes, just my ideas.”

2 Likes

Testacornibus - Now flex’s every time it power heals, and when on escape heal activates Testacornibus now dances.

Skoonasaurus - Now receives a shotgun to blast away that hp even more than before.

@Mona I can’t post pictures it won’t let me

Nice example lmao

2 Likes