Last reviewed/edited 2/22/2019 10AM PST since the posting date of 12/29/2018
Answers you’ll find in this post:
- Spawn/Despawn times of Dinos in fixed coordinates observation (as of 1.5 patch)
- Long Range Fixed Spawns - appears/disappears ~300m, eg. event dinos
- Short Range/Variable Spawns - appears ~50m, disappears ~100m, eg. ninja dinos lol
- Max DNA requests in alliance = 2 per 24hr cycle
- Time reset for DNA requests/Coin/Cash/Treasure Boxes around the world
- Trading information (DNA/coin amounts/etc)
- Max DNA inventory of Dinos (Common = 200k, Rare = 50k, Epic = 20k)
- Table for DNA darting Direct Hits amounts (common/rare/epic/legendary/unique) for each user level
- Scents usage (min/max dinos per use/minimum distance to walk/drive to get 2 dinos per spawn)
- DNA to XP conversion (for beginners, how to level up quickly, from my other post)
- Didn’t know prior that metahub covered some of this stuff, as I joined them much later, so you can read this too: Click Here
- Battle Critical Calculation - for nerdy folks that like to calculate things
- References to other pages for ongoing collaboration (more spawn times) and solutions, such as workaround for adding more than 100 friends!
- Alliance Missions - all the information you need for the big rewards
- Individual Missions - all the information you need if you simply don’t care for Alliance Missions
- Unannounced Background Fixes by Ludia - did something change and you heard nothing. Here is a place to check to see if your suspicions is correct. We’ll do our best to keep you posted!
First and foremost, our alliance (not to be named unless our leader begs to differ) is simply the BEST (we chat nonstop - mostly me, donate like crazy, strategize on towers, vent on RNG, etc.), no argument there. If you want to argue, please do it elsewhere.
Second, the chat history in the game is very poor and glitchy and will probably remain this way for quite some time - said this for 1.5 and will be the same for 1.6 lol. If your alliance or yourself wants to know how we got around this on the site to be able to share videos/pics with folks of interest, please do inquire and maybe you can convince us to give the information out for a nominal fee or it’ll cost you greatly by requiring you to join our alliance! lol
Lastly, and back to the topic, here are the information you seek and are only possible with the help of my alliance members.
1) Spawn/Despawn Times as of 1.5 patch:
Based on two cycles of rare-common-rare-common initiated upon discovering original set of dinos ~250m apart. This totals a minimum observation of 4 rares and 4 commons in fixed coordinates
Rare & Common will DESPAWN after ~52 minutes, then there is a COOLDOWN for ~40 minutes before another spawn will occur.
Since epics are so abundant we do not have data for this…haha
By no means is this the spawn mechanics so don’t take this as a rare will spawn after a common or vice versa. However, if you find rares/epics it behooves you to take note of it and revisit the spot to see if it is frequent behavior for your area’s spawn mechanics. Spawning may occur in exact location or about a 50m diameter.
eg. for those of you interested, it was two dimetrodons located 250m apart (both caught) and observation began afterwards. Both were replaced by common (deinocheirus/nundasuchus). Later both became Ornithomimmus). Next to these, another set of dinos observed with common and later turned into rare which added to the data and confirms the above.
2) Maximum # DNA Requests = 2 per 24hr cycle
24hr cycle for DNA requests and Daily Coin/Cash varies for everyone, see below for examples of Reset Times respective to their local times:
USA PST = 4pm
USA EST = 7pm
UK = 12am (midnight)
UTC+1 = 1am
IST = 5:15am
Indonesia = 7am
3) DNA Timer Limits:
Once you make the first DNA request (regardless if it’s a common/rare) after the above said time, you have a 3hr limit, at which then, you can make another which will be for the remainder of the cycle, i.e. until next day. Any delays or disruptions in your request will make that 2nd timer limit vary, eg. request at 4pm (3hr limit starts), didn’t do it at 7pm exactly, but 10pm, timer limit in this case will be ~18hr.
1st request = 3hr
2nd request = ~24 minus (hours passed after reset time occurred)
4a) DNA Amounts per Request:
Common = 4x Player level (eg. lvl 20 can get 80 per single donation)
Rare = Equals Player level (eg. lvl 15 can only get 15 per single donation)
Each dna request can be fulfilled by 5 donations done by 5 different folks or simply a sum of 25 donations
***Note, REGARDLESS of TIMER LIMIT set after the request, you have a 3HR WINDOW for donations to occur before a collection of that dino’s dna can happen
To view the generous folks that have donated DNA to you, simply click the info button (i) and you’ll see names/amounts of DNA.once the collection window has closed and you have the option to click collect.
4b) Coins For DNA Amounts:
Common = 1:1 ratio. In the example above, the lvl 20, 80 DNA will give you 80 coins
Rare = 1:3 ratio. In the example above, the lvl 15, will get 45 coins for every 15 dna donated
Your coin balance does NOT drop when you collect the dna as this was incorrect in other, older posts. If epic trading ever occurs, coin ratio would be 1:10, I presume.
Max Coin From Trading = 15k
5) Max DNA you can collect in inventory
Common: 200k (via other posts in forum)
Rare: 50k (confirmed)
Epic: 20k (via other posts in forum)
- Table for quick reference of the Direct Hits dart amounts with the respective player level
6) Scent usage
20 minute scents = Min 10, Max of 19 Dinos (1 dino after 2 seconds 19’58" then 9 times after that you can get up to 2 dinos each time on every odd minute with the seconds notations: 17’58", 15’58", 13’58", 11’58", 9’58",7’58", 5’58", 3’58", 1’58")
5 minute scents = Min 3, Max of 5 (1 dino after 2 seconds 4’58", then two times after that at 2’58" and with 58 seconds remaining)
Must travel a minimum of 50m per 2 minutes to get 2 dinos to spawn (straight path - linear, from original starting point) - that’s an avg total of 82 steps in 2 mins per dr. google (50m = 164ft, avg stride male 2.5ft, female 2.2ft, but 164/2 = 82). So if you’re below average count 100 steps lol.
Blue ring around you is 50m in diameter, your radius would be 25m so you just have walk double the mark in a straight path then.
It appears to benefit you most if you use it in your favorite spawning locations and not just any random ones. It will spawn 2 seconds into start and from there every 2 minutes you’ll get another spawn if you’re not moving (you can leave the spot and come back and the Dino will still be there). The dino will disappear at 02 seconds remaining on clock while the next spawn will occur at 58 seconds on the clock). If you’re moving you simply get an extra dino.
- For events, please see @MNBrian’s post on spawn mechanics/scent usage: Hybrid Pursuit? The Metahub Guide to Featured Hybrid Components
7) DNA to XP conversion
Common 1:1 (if it costs 50 DNA to level up, you will get 50 XP in return)
Rare 1:3 (if it costs 50 DNA, you’ll get 150 XP)
Epic 1:10 (50 DNA = 500 XP)
Legendary 1:30 (50 DNA = 1500 XP)
Unique 1:100 (50 DNA = 5000 XP)
Fusion XP = this is a SUM of the above so you’ll be adding two values together.
eg. Diloracheirus = Common (1:1) + Legendary (1:30). Total XP gained will be the sum of the two dinosaurs used to level up. Deinocheirus DNA (2000) + Diloranosaurus DNA (30 times 50 = 1500). In other words/numbers, 2000 + 1500 = 3500 XP will be gained for each fusion done.
8) Battle Critical Calculation
This is extremely useful for dinos that have a high critical chance so you can predetermine if your crit move can finish off your opponent or not. Don’t forget to factor reduction in damage if the dino has shield protection and/or armor for any moves that does not destroy the shields/bypasses armor.
Critical = 0.5x Increase in damage output. Use 2.25x for shorthand calculation for any moves with boosted attack, i.e. Ferocious Strike, or ones following prior boosts, eg. Ready to Crush. Here is a visual for those that are interested in the derivation:
eg. Gorgosuchus @30, base attack is 1654
- Crit with Defense Shattering Strike (DSS) = 2481 (base att 1654 x 1.5)
- Crit with Ferocious Strike (FS) = 3722 from 1654 x 1.5 (due to 50% increase) x 1.5 (for crit), so for moves with the same description, short calculation would be base att x 2.25 (from 1.5x1.5) ***Ferocious strike W/O crit would be the same as a Crit w/ DSS = 2481.
- Crit with Defense Shattering Rampage (DSR) W/O Ferocious Strike Boost = 4962 from 1654 x 2 x 1.5
- Crit with Defense Shattering Rampage (DSR) W/ Ferocious Strike Boost = 7443 from 1654 x 1.5 (50% boost prior) x 2 (move damage) x 1.5 (for crit), shorthand calculation would be base att x 2 x 2.25
- Crit with Cleansing Impact (CI) W/O Ferocious Strike Boost = 3722 from 1654 x 1.5 (move damage) x 1.5 (crit)
- Crit with Cleansing Impact (CI) W/ Ferocious Strike Boost = 5582 from 1654 x 1.5 x 2.25 (from 1.5 boost x 1.5 crit)
Game calculations are rounded up based on many battle damage observations. Please let us know if you find it to be otherwise.
9) Reference to Other Pages:
- Thanks @LadyHadden for a workaround to adding friends when you can’t no more…lol: Adding Friends with a "broken" Social Tab
- Thanks @Raven for starting a community data gathering of spawn/despawn times: Data Sampling Megathread - How long epic and other spawns last?
-When darting event dinos, you can certainly close the app down and restart the darting session if you know it won’t be one of your best darting sessions (make sure to do this early as possible before the final total DNA comes up). This is quite useful for those legendary/uniques where you don’t want to waste a bad darting session. So make sure you get that first direct shot!
-Get a map and mark your favorite coordinates of epic/rare/common spawns based on the locale zones (which you should demarcate as well)
-To maximize your collection of DNA, use your 2 requests wisely. Put up requests for when most of your active alliance members with the dna you need are on. No point in putting up a request when everyone is sleeping during those 3hr window of allowed donations.
-Get to know your alliance folks time zones because you’re all friends and have a common goal in the game
-You get more commons DNA than you do with rares in any given 24hr cycle
-Lower level players benefit most coins donating to higher level players
-If you are just beginning the game look at how you can efficiently level up your player level by focusing on the dinos that get you the most XP so you can begin collecting more of useful DNA in larger amounts
-In battling it is nice to keep handy what your dinos are capable in terms of damage output with and without crits unless you are able to memorize them. Not too hard for 8 dinos you use daily right? Sometimes it comes down to who does the math first and clicks faster and not rely on RNG’s crit.
-Get rid of non-active alliance members…haha jk
P.S. To my alliance friends, thanks for listening to my rants and endless texts that fill the chat history at times. See you back in the game! Don’t identify yourselves here lol unless you want to.