In no particular order and not suggesting every feature should be added but here are some of my ideas.
- Daily and Longterm missions
- A way to to mark a certain dino of your choice to display differently on map. For example if I want to hunt for a certain Raptor, I want to mark it so it shows with a unique glow on map. PoGo didn’t have a problem with distinguishing creatures with them all looking so unique. Dino’s look very similar between one another from the overhead map view.
- Dino tracker for immediate area
- Current battery system is awesome. Addition of one-time use extended batteries as an alternative to the VIP for catching out of reach Dino’s could be alot of fun.
- Some form of location control. Maybe in the form of controlling territories? Maybe a King of the Hill similar to PoGo gyms. Rewards for kills or maintaining position.
- Expanding on the drone idea, what about an ability to send the drone out further distances on a cooldown. Every hour or so (more often with VIP!) you could free travel with the drone up to 2000feet to look for local Dino’s and collect supplies for 10min. Numbers are just samples.
- Dino bait items. Could be used to attract when there are none.
- Dino slow items. Maybe a tranquilizer dart to slow moment speed when shooting.
- Friend referral system, anything to help bring players and raise awareness of the game.
- Customization, either the dinos or a player character.
- Boss Dino’s similar to PoGo raids but without the in-person requirement. It’s hard enough getting people together for a pogo raid not sure this has the population for in person events yet.
- Flying Dino’s that are not stationarity. Perhaps they fly around on preset paths where you can see the path to work on intercepting. There could be grounded birds too but flying Dino’s that are actually flying could make the game feel so alive.
- Neighborhood/city specific events. Give us a reason explore our home area rather than driving around or going somewhere specific.
- Progression via distance walked.
- Swiping left or right to scroll between dinosaurs
- Battle Dino’s in person
- More Supply Crate variety (possibly with the addition of above suggested items!)
- Names of Dino’s on list
- Swipe Left/Right on Dino screen to see next Dino instead of having to go back to the list to view another.
- Sound Notification for Dino appearance
- Use cash to upgrade Dart capacity
- Show Dino stats on collection screen
That’s all for now, hope someone takes a look. Enjoying the game and see a ton of potential. PoGo alienated big portions of it’s userbase, Ludia has a unique opportunity here to capitalize on that.
edit: Added suggestions from responses!