Hello, I’m new guy here, because I don’t know what to do after reaching the “end” of the game.
I played the game for almost 4 (with a half year pause) years and i finished with out spending more then around 2,5 Dollars:
- toothless at the maximum level (150)
- finished all main and sidequest, except to the wiki the last known one (release the shellfire to gain 500 runes, to fullfill i need the 3x 5 lvl Dragon statues)
- I bought all island, except the last one (itched armpit, to the left)
- I have a lot of really good dragons to collect a amount fish/wood/iron.(after 6 hours: around 1,5 BILLION Fish/Wood)
- defending berk is too easy now (lvl 650 or something)
- only brawl is still at lvl 6 (because I don’t care, too much time spending there)
So at the end of the game I wonder:
- did I really hit the wall of this game now? (if yes, It would be okay, I don’t want level up another 50 levels, this is way too dumb, I would quit at that point).
IF YES (that’s okay!) , I would like to give you a feedback.
I have been there at the beginning, where the lvl 51 was the wall. I really liked back there, because I always was excited to the newer updates, it’s always was something NEW, that was great and the BIGGEST MOTIVATION, why i played the game. in the last years/months, the new updates wasn’t special, just new dragons, new rewards of gauntlets, new costums, the same, same stuff, but in blue. But no new components like earlier (valkas training, new Islands, introducing legendary dragons, etc.) . I miss this now in the newer updates. I understand you don’t want to build them in, because it a LOT of programming compared to the “new same old stuff”-Updates.
The best stuff are/were:
- the gauntlet! the reward was always a motivation to spend a lot of times there.
- USEFUL costums for the dragonrider was great (reduce journey time, collect more runes, hogher chance to get a reward, etc.). Now you have USELESS costums, which only improve the fish/wood/collecting. (compared to other and better dragons).
- that toothless could have so many options (search for dragons, journeys, costums, fighting)But the worst development in the four years (in my opinion) was the development with the raw amber in journeys (because it’s hurt doubled at Meatlug and Ruff and Tuff Dragons: I suddenly i didn’t had a goof little rune-sources (over the time really lovely with these dragonriders: because at a bad chance I got some raw amber by releasing dragon eggs - like 7, or more likely 100-800 - and, rarely i got a blue pack). THAT was really great to spend time and runes there. Now Instead I get around 30-50% just 30 max. 120 raw ambers, compared more fish/wood and less runes. that change by the update was for me the worst. Just to close a good rune-source only “to give more raw amber to the (lower and higher) players”. Honestly: I’m still not happy with this.Honestly: by a glitch (I got reeeeally lucky!) I got 24 million raw amber (instead 24k). Even producing 5-6 polished amber each DAY, it still need TOO MUCH TIME… Even with the “best condition” you need spend 270 days (für 1350 polish amber) only to fulfill a condition for releasing the shell fire…
For this I have the theory:
a) Either you want stall the player to “keep” them (busy?)… (, honestly, there are better way to stall them, I think with this you are really demotivate them instead keeping busy!) or
b) you didn’t thinking through and makes some mistakes (that’s okay) … And you are fixing mistakes really good, so it’s obvious to me…
I don’t want only make complains, but also good suggestions (not completely new components like hybrid dragons, I think it too much programming and variable to consider for the supporter team).
Some ideas to the the raw amber problem:
you can use the other dragonrider (heather, etc.) to collect more iron or raw amber/polish amber. (unless you have other plans with them)
at a certain level (like toothless at lvl 134) Johann can offer in a extra slot more items, like Iron, raw amber/polish amber.( buying by spending iron/polish amber/runes)
Ruff and Nut and Gobblers Dragon can have more journey to collect a lot more iron (like 100) /raw amber (more than 1000) /polish amber (1/2)
in brawl the player can get raw amber (like 200) instead wood/fish after (to motivate them to brawl more dragon than only - 5 battles to get 1000 raw amber ( still the tranfering to the polish amber problem there…)
create place to harvest another space of ressource FOR dragonriders place, so some dragons can collect amber. (the player will have to decide between journey or amber collection)
or just increase the amount of raw amber by releasing of dragons (that old idea was a REALLY clever SOLUTION!!! You killed two bird with one stone! )
some Ideas to the polish amber problem:
- improve the converting amount on eren boat AT SHORTER TIME! (you could dimish all polish amber problem (only focus on the raw amber).
some Ideas to the brawl problem:
Motivate them playing them by getting better daily reward (like raw amber instead fish and wood).
- the market of the brawl Is rarely used, because it’s too expensive for only geht some dragon tokens… If you could choose, to which dragon you get the tokens (like feeding the dragon with “blanc token”, that WOULD be motivation to spend runes or enter the brawl more! (and not only randomly)
some Ideas to solve the defending problem:
- Defend bigger armiees (maybe against the newer villain from HTTYD 3) and evade manually the shots of this stronger boats (like thry catching them with net) or his dragons. Or just fight against them. There should be a tactical shift too.
I hope one of more ideas (they just popped in my mind while i wrote this text), could be helpful to you. (If you want more ideas, just ask me, i’m happy to share with them.
thanks for the looooooonbg attention of yours and kind regards from a german player