Ludia Forums

[Feedback] Jurassic World Alive | Battle Balancing 1.11 discussion

Hello fellow DPG members,

Our designers want to hear YOUR feedback! They are interested in hearing about your thoughts on the Dracoceratops change.

• We are specifically interested in feedback about the mechanical changes to Dracorex Gen2 and Dracoceratops and how their roles have changed in the meta, as well as feedback regarding Regenerate and Run, Ardentismaxima and Indoraptor Gen2’s battle balancing.

UPDATE:

We have received your feedback regarding the battle balancing of 1.11. The team is looking into working on Procerathomimus, Dracoceratops, Cautious Strike and Ardentismaxima.
A survey will be available soon, where you can vote for specific balancing tweaks.

22 Likes

Make dracorex only do 30 percent instead of 40 and or 25% heal instead of 50.

Leave Ardent’s definite rampage, just nerf hp OR give precise rampage.

Indo gen 2 leave as it is.

27 Likes

First, make cautious strike do only 0.5x damage and remove some of the abilities it has.

Second, give Ardentis Precise Shattering Rampage, Precise Decelerating Strike and Bellow instead of Instant Invincibility and if its still too powerfull lower her attack stat by 1200 or 1150.

11 Likes

Enjoy the cake :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Get rid of cleanse and speed up and by pass evasion on cautious strike. Leave indo with DSR, keep its attack at 1,400.

Get rid of Dracos swap in entirely, replace it with swap in acute stun, reduce its attack to appropriate levels for its ingredients. Change kit to be a fighter, increase speed to 116-114

Give maxima back definite or give precise either one honestly, reduce attack to 1,000 -1,100. Reduce speed to 106-105, leave health or increase to 5,800

Reduce prorats health to 2,900- 3,000, reduce attack to 1,500. Make distracting rampage to distracting impact.

Reduce phorosaura attack to 1,400, reduce health to to 3,700- 3,500. Change rampage and run to impact and run.

Increase Indoraptors attack to 1,500 reduce health to 3,800. Speed increased to 129.

Give turmol good attack for once, change grypo to be viable, and help poor stgyidryx

11 Likes

On paper it looks great. I think this rat nerf is perfect, because my biggest complain was that it could oneshot a full health dino. Now it can’t even oneshot a half health glass cannon with unboosted hp, which is awesome.
We’ll see how it goes! So far I’m excited, the patch notes look great. Let’s hope it all goes smooth.

6 Likes

The dracoceratops nerf, while widely applauded by the community and finally saving some low-health speedsters from being one-shot, creates two problems:

1. Any player still using DC will need to have a calculator nearby - especially since the new swap-in move does not break through shields. In all seriousness, the calculation is a bit too much in the 10 seconds provided, making the move virtually useless. If that was the intent, fine. If not - make it a rending or at least an armor bypassing swap-in so that the player just has to calculate the 40% damage before making the move.

2. With the current boost system, there will be many high health DCs running around now since damage boosts are not necessary. They will be able to swap in and out several times in some cases. Even with the serious increase in non-swap-in damage moves, the DC is too slow to keep in the fight.

11 Likes

maxima
Keep definite rampage
Nerf its HP or Atack

DracoRAT
make its swap in move do 30%
Keep the actual atack stats at 1200 - 1500 its just ridiculous
Regen still cleanse but can not clean the 2 turn lock

Indo g2 cs remove 2 effects from it speed and distraction
Remove immunity to distraction

Ingo g1
Remove immunity to stun

ProceRAT
Nerf its HP to 3200
Nerf its atack to 1400
Distraction rampage becomes distraction impact

9 Likes

Solutions for your points:

1. Remove swap in savagery and replace it with swap in stunning strike for both DC and Dracorex g2

2. Remove boosts :confused:

5 Likes

Thank you!

Dracoceratops

Swap in Savagery {40%} => Swap in Savagery {34%}

“Regeneration” => “Adrenaline Pulse”

Maxima

“Defense Shattering Rampage” => “Definite Rampage”

“Instant Invincibility” => “Bellow”

Indoraptor Gen 2

“Cautious Strike” loses “Cleanse Self” and “Bypass Evasive Abilities”

“Defense Shattering Rampage” => “Definite Rampage”

20 Likes
  1. Cautious strike is FAR to OP. It could do literally 0 damage and still be one of the best moves in the game. Any time someone can literally spam a base attack and win a match, that’s bad for the game!

2. Following #1, removing Max’s definitie attack was too harsh. Leave it and lower her attack or health instead. It was one of only 2 reliable counters to all those pesky dodgers and we need MORE options in this game, not fewer.

3. Swap in 40% is a nice change but people can now just throw max boost into health. Solution could be to replace regen with something that doesn’t remove swap-prevention or even replace acute stun. See this article for a detailed explanation: https://gamepress.gg/jurassicworldalive/patch-notes/dracoceratops-just-got-lot-worse-deal

2 Likes

1a. Dracocerotops: Tho many like the % based damage, there is still another issue to be resolved. Its regen allows it to abuse its swap in continuously, so not much will actually change. (more on how to do this at #4.)
2. Indoraptor G2: its cautious strike is too powerful. it does too much stuff for a basic ability. at least 2, maybe 3 of those abilities need to come off. i recommend speed up and cleanse, but a poll should be up for the players to help decide.
3. Ardentismaxima: It should keep its definite ability to help the metta with dodge and evasive creatures. A better way to balance it is to decrease its damage so that chompers can deal with it.
4. Regen and Run: It’s an interesting move change. However, it changes how cleanse works for a single ability, rather than cleanse as a whole. I would recommend changing cleanse for all creatures rather than just regen and run users.
4b. changing cleanse: Cleanse should not be able to clear the lock down effect of a swap in, or any lock down effect for that matter. This will keep Dracoceratops from continuously using it’s swap in and make it a finisher like intended without the necessary need to change its swap in ability. Creatures like ceratopians will also be prevented from doing the same. Sidestep users like quetzorion and phorusaura will not be able to run or swap out as quickly, preventing any abuse of swap in dodge or swap in stun+ instant rampage. prowl users like smiloceph and smilonemys will also need to stay in the fight for an extra turn, preventing them from an almost continuous loop of damage and swap in stuns when they are the last two creatures in the line up.

15 Likes
  1. 40% calculation is rather easy. Just do times 4 and you’ll see the number (plus an extra one). For example: 4180 = 1672(0). Easy! Took me 4 seconds to calculate accurately, <2 seconds to estimate roughly.
  2. True, but we’ll also see less rats. Which is a good thing. Just because it’s ugly and gives me nightmares.
1 Like

Ardentis: Proposed change seems fair.

Indo G2: Cautios strike was already way overpowered for a basic move. The addition of having it bypass evasion is unneeded and honestly pretty ridiculous. This move needs nerfed badly, it should only supplement the rest of its move set, not be a spam every turn move. I feel CS’s power takes away from its other moves, like mutual fury, which give this dino a more unique battle style.

DC: Nerfing it’s swap in ability has been a long awaited relief for most players. I would propose to remove the regeneration as well, or at least lose its priority. I see this move as being just as much a problem with DC as swap in rampage. That much priority damage should come with a drawback, instead most players can regen, swap out, and gain access another swap in rampage later in the match.

5 Likes

As much as I like Cautious Strike, I’ll admit, it needs to be nerfed. I’m a bit apprehensive about the new ability to bypass evasion/cloak.

I’d be happy if you’d get rid of the evasion bypass and cleanse. Indo G2 is already immune to Distraction, and Mutual Fury can already cleanse. And for the Definite Rampage - I think it was perfect as it was. It was a different class of powerful beside the OG Indo, and the Definite Rampage was that reason. If you’re gonna take it away, at least give her Precise Rampage. Though I’d rather just have Definite back.

Regenerate and Run - I can see why you took out the cleanse ability. If that was the case, then you would’ve called it “Cleansing Regeneration and Run” or something like that. But, it does make the user still viable to being trapped. Unless you at least gave Edmonton the “Immune to Swap Prevention” deal, I’d be fine with it. But I guess I’d have to see it in action.

Even though I don’t have Ardentismaxima, think she was perfectly fine move wise. A strong and powerful Unique, with its own checks and balances. It could slow, then rampage everything in sight, as did their predecessors. Why not let Ardentis be a viable step up from Ardento? The sheer power of Ardentis was enough for me to want her. I love a strong herbivore hybrid, so I’m always cross when something happens to them, for the worst.

As someone who dislikes being a constant victim of DC ratting, I’m perfectly fine with the change.

That’s all from me for now.

1 Like

Dracocera’s change will probably be very good for the game. We’ll know better when we use it.

Maxima might get crushed by dodgers now. Even Indo1 will probably beat it. It could use the Definite Strike from Secondo. I say swap Maxima’s and Ardonto’s basic move.

Indo2’s Cautious Strike is too OP. It shouldn’t speed up OR shouldn’t cleanse. That would also make Mutual Fury even more crucial for it to get an advantage.

10 Likes

nearly all 1000 posts have already answered this here:

:+1:

3 Likes