Ludia Forums

Fine-tuning of hunting times

I’m trying to get a deeper understaning of how spawn rates work. Maybe some of you already have figured this out:

Say I live in L3 :roll_eyes: . Not considering globals, during daytime there is chance for five local rare dinos to spawn (Diplo II, Posto, Diplotator, Toujiango, Edmonto), but during night it is only four (Diplotator, Toujiango, Edmonto and Echo). Does this mean, that (given a local rare spawn) the odds for a Toujiango is 1/5 at day but 1/4 at night, and therefore 5% more likely? Or does it stay 1/5 and Echo’s spawn rate is doubled (to account for Diplo II and Postosuchus)? Or does it work totally different?

Note, that of course this is just an example, and similar calculations could be made for all zones/park/global spawns and all rarities (e.g. are Baryonyx and Nodopato twice as frequent during night, since there is no T-Rex and Brachio?)

It’s just time spawns

I have no idea, but if I had to bet, I’d say no… Don’t think their spawn rate works that way. The chances are probably the same, day and night.

This, in turn, would mean, that during night e.g. also the total number of spawns should be significantly lower than during daytime, especially in parks! Doing the math:

Park:
Day: 6+6 global spawns, 5+7 local spawns, 9+10 park spawns = 43
Night: 4+6 globals spawns, 1+7 local spawns, 0+10 park spawns = 28

Non-Park:
Day: 6+6 global spawns, 5+7 local spawns = 24
Night: 4+6 globals spawns, 1+7 local spawns = 18

This is 25% less spawns during night and even 35% less spawns in parks! Is this the case?

I hunt an L4 park. I notice no increase or decrease in amount of spawns for time of day. The proximity points spawn reliably for any time. The regular spawn points do not increase or decrease for time of day. The species will change for time of day, therefore the amount of a particular species available to dart.

Species availability can vary day to day, or even during the day. Stegosaurus for example. I can see none in the morning, very few in the daytime and many in the evening and beginning of night. The next day they might be a few in the morning and many during the day then none in the evening. It is generally more reliable in the evening and night hours, in my park anyway.

For Epic park spawns, morning and evening are generally much better for wild spawns. But, on some days I will see none then and several during the day, and have them at the preferred proximity points too.

Some species, like Dilophosaurus Gen 2, can go days without an appearance and then one day seem to flood the area. But not for an entire time cycle, it is more of a herd moving through for a few hours, then they have passed.