Ludia Forums

First Dominator in 1.5 months

So here I was trying hard to win this Kapro gen 2 because it just looks so cool and ended up actually trying for it (had to skip fridays and saturdays events though) but I finally got my first dominator finish. I started in sometime around 20th Jan 2021. So about a month and a half for first dom finish. I spent about 200 DB just before the tournament ended to get in a few more trophies as I was 97th with 1400ish and wasnt sure, so ended with 1550 ish trophies.

My lineup:-

I know I lack good pterosaurs. Vip packs were unlucky with them. Been getting some 10 previous packs as ceno/aqua :(. But luckily now we got Tapeja SDNA available so more superhybrids on the way.

Upcoming additions:-
3x Dimetrocarnus once I buy my final Pyroraptor for DB once the offers are available.
Getting more Unayrhynchus to Lvl 20 for Dom meat shields.
More Tapejalocephalus in time being as I collect SDNA.
More rajastejas for dom as and when I get from modded wheel. I do them quite a bit.

Any recommendations or tips are highly appreciated!

7 Likes

I am level 66 and i am wayyyy lower than you.

1 Like

That’s a lot of progress to make in 1.5 months

Where did you get the Einiosaurus’s and how did you get that many VIP creatures in 1.5 months. You can see around 16 Jurassic VIP’s and you should still be getting aquatics and Ceno’s on top of that so in 1.5 months you got over 20 10k packs and you are non VIP?

2 Likes

I won the 4 Einiosaurus’s on the wheel. Got 2x twice. Those are the real MVP Meat shields. Pog :smiley:

Na I was Vip for the free period of 7 days and I subscribed for 1 month too.
1 Masto & 1 Presto was duplicated due to creation lab bug. I got a few free SG packs as compensation from ludia the time a lot of people had been getting their progress reset. It was really easy to buy SG packs as a VIP and also the wheel used to give 1 per week and more if you are lucky with the drops. Its extremely hard to get the VIPs packs now Im no longer a VIP. My chances of making a lvl 20 ptero or eudi are looking slim with the cenos/aquas ive been consecutively getting.

Congrats, did you obtain ornithoceirus from COT last month? I would say to get 2 level 30s of that for now, continue to build your dna and then target legendary hybrids and tourney hybrids to add to your bench

1 Like

Yes I did, so I should focus on getting 2x Lvl 30 of Ornithocheirus then? Makes sense since Ive not had much luck with SG pack with Pteras. I need a few more meat shields as well I feel, I’m using 2/3 (Quite a lot for me considering Im able to get in like 5-7 Dom matches a run) attackers as meat shields since Im low on them.

1 Like

Yes if you need the pterosaurs I would say go for it, ornis got around 2.5k health and 550 attack at 30, I wouldnt spend any dna on any lower rarities simply because if you do enough events youl obtain these copies for free, then just keep building that dna reserve of yours.

Also I would suggest tapejalocephalus now its sdna is in rotation, keeping copies of these between 1 - 10 will help you out in your tournament runs

Edit: just seen you have 1 already

1 Like

Yup just made my tapejalocephalus a day prior to the tourney. Im slowly collecting them as we speak :stuck_out_tongue: so thats a work in progress.

That health is really good but would that attack be enough for Dom matches? - I meant the ornis here
I was just referring to getting a few more copies of Unayrhyncus prolly 3 more so I can get 2 level 20s of em. More meat shields that way.

1 Like

Before fusing for 40 I used orni at 30 with great success so yeah.

Also I wouldnt go spending dna on unayrhynchus if all your using it for is a meatsheild, there are less costly options, maybe stegoceratops as it has a superhybrid.

2 Likes

Good job on your line up!
Unayrinchus is great but pretty expensive, might want something cheaper instead. You could maybe rush for monostego.

Oops @Aether_12 types faster but I guess we are both saying the same.

3 Likes

Great minds think alike :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Great Idea since I can get faster SDNA from code 19s as well. Damn thank you, I wouldve wasted a lot on unays. I didnt think about it even while having the option wide open in front of me haha.

Thank you :slight_smile:

That is what I shall be doing then! More stegaceratops here I come!

1 Like

Treat dna as a precious resource, especially as now your no longer vip, my suggestion is to soley spend dna on creatures that will not only help you now but also late game aswell, not saying unayrhynchus is a bad option but saying for now there are much better less costly options if you are building more solid teams to secure dominator easier.

2 Likes

Yup I feel it know, since my factory is gone and so are the good discounts :frowning:
Damn being VIP was good though, it definitely sped up my team like a lot with the constant acquiring of SG packs. Also yes stegas seem like the solid option now since it even has a superhybrid!

2 Likes

Shybrids will save you a lot of dna and hatch time, both will come in handy when you start aiming for the high end hybrids.

Armormata’s cost still makes me shed some tears. But it’s still the best new herb.

3 Likes

Seems that all the newly released tourney hybrids have had a jump in cost compared to the old ones, hopefully this isn’t the case for every new one

2 Likes

I would also suggest to keep getting the SG packs at least until you’ve built up a fair number of each class, I’m now on the path of saving LP as my lineup is deep enough but these vip creatures do help massively + they have great cooldowns too!

2 Likes

Apparently Ludia decreases the cost every now and then, but we might just start getting used to inflation.
I remember you being an advocate for pteraquetzal and I didn’t get it first, but I faced one during the tournament (around lvl25) and it sure had a decent attack (the health was over the roof of course). My, my!

3 Likes

I pretty much use mine in infinite battle stages at level 20. Yes metriaphodon can get the job done better but I like to play with different styles sometimes, these tanks can come in handy at times and on a discount I think he only costs me around 41k per copy so well worth the investment really, hes just a flying gorgo with less attack/more health.

Also I think they can justify armormata extra cost down to it having no other contenders to its class, whereas yudon can be replaced with indoraptor, pachygalo, cerazinosaur etc…

3 Likes

I’m out of dimetrocarnuses to sell (this is an other trick we use @Frozentank) so I have to earn dna the hard way. :frowning:
I am currently aiming for tupuxuara, to save some dna while still working on my line up. Tupu shall be the first ever tourney I’m going to max without the purpose to sacrifice.

2 Likes