First ever MOD tournament - Titanoboa 5/31/2019 - 6/3/2019

This thread will be to track and discuss how the first ever MOD tournament unfolds.

Here are the rules:

Looks like MODs are required the question will be if three are required (which is my guess) or if you will be able to select less than three. Also looks like the level is 1 instead of 17 like the weekly schedule said so that is good.

1 Like

17 was such a weird cutoff level

Quite a lot of errors on that schedule. They need a proofreader.

4 Likes

My attempt at a first round with just common mods got me a simple lineup but with a rare nullify mod. And a game crash. That’s all the signal I need. If they can’ even fix this major game bug and give easy lineups rare mods, heaven knows what playing to the top will entail. I want no part of it.

You must use three mods

2 Likes

My first impression: You do not know the mods of your opponent. So it’s totally a game of chance. There is no way to use any kind of elaborate strategy.
My conclusion: Mods in a tournament are useless as fun factor, only expensive and time consuming.
Mentioning expensive, I expected that the rewards are as poor as in normal tournaments, but since we have to invest much more time and resources I hoped for a better solution.
I am very disappointed.

7 Likes

I just checked it out, must use three mods… I’m out and will not be participating even though I need the Titanboa… oh well…

Dominator league aka toxin league lmao

2 Likes

Well, the answer there is Nullify. If you could get enough Nullifys you could turn this into a normal tournament

I’m not opposed to spending resources to get something I want/need. But this looks like it’s going to require too many resources with too low chance of the desired reward for me. I do reserve the right to change my mind

2 Likes

It’s basically pay-to-play no matter how they spin it. Pay in tons of your resources or real dollars.

2 Likes

I did a couple battles to move to Hunter and then mis-matched the expected Ferocity for my level twice and so I lost and blew 6 mods having no chance anyway. Then I had two server errors blowing 6 more mods. I can’t keep up mods just guessing to lose. 12 mods gone in a matter of minutes and nothing to show for it is beyond my pocket book capability…as well as stress and game pleasure tolerance. Gonna lay the game down this weekend after last weekends involvement and use Lydia’s mod tournament as a return on the family weekend.

5 Likes

I haven’t mentioned why I’ve been so quiet the last few days but I’ve been in the hospital the last three days, getting home later today. So it’s a good time for me to step away from the game to catch up on some rest as well (something you get little of in a hospital). But I’d have done so regardless in this case. Not a fan at all. Their aggressive push of this is making me enjoy even the daily ones less and less, I dread having to do them and often leave them for last.

3 Likes

Same here, Jim. I lost two rounds coz I brought out too weak of a team. Everything’s a guessing game, now with the opponent’s MODs thrown in. With all the disco lights flashing, each battle now takes way much longer than before. I’ll try to get as high as I can for the S-DNA, then call it quits. Or even before that, coz it does seem the matchups are already approaching the ridiculous.

4 Likes

Mary_Jo, if what you crave is rest, I seriously doubt this MOD tourney will satisfy your craving. More like multiply your recovery time. Get well soon and see you here after the tourney, I guess, when things get back to normal? :pleading_face:

3 Likes

No I was agreeing with Jim that I would be laying down the game for the weekend and just enjoying the time away. Ludia gave me a perfect reason without having to feel I’m missing out.

4 Likes

I hope you are ok.

5 Likes

So far my strategy is to ensure I am at the appropriate ferocity level for the league and rank my match is in (erring on the high side) and then putting endurance on my first two creatures and alpha on my last. At least this is my strategy until I get up to creatures that have higher then 1,000 attack as that is when alpha becomes less valuable than Rally. So far so good, two common MODs and one rare and I have been able to take down line ups with SR MODs on each creature. It does add time to the match like @DinoStan mentioned up above but so far so good. I am hoping that the rate for this tournament will be much lower than the Mammoth was last weekend which at first impression seems to be.

2 Likes

In all honestly, I’m not taking part in it in this tournament. Even though Titanboa is the few creatures I don’t have. I feel Ludia is pushing us to use these MOD’s too hard. Battle events and PVP, i don’t mind them being used. But being a must for this tournament, is like saying “either waste your resources and mods, or you don’t get creature”. So sorry Titanboa, you’re cool, but I’m not wasting my time to get you.

1 Like

Keeping alive a good old tradition to be the first one, here is my result of today.
I think from tomorrow on I will move much slower because I am slowly running out of mods.

2 Likes