Ludia Forums

First time I’ve reviewed a game

For the first time in my life I’m giving a review in the App Store. And it’s a 1. This is honestly so frustrating but the developers have given NO indication they will listen. I encourage everyone to do the same and bomb their rating until this is fixed. I have no other recourse left.

2 Likes

Not to say that I’m not disappointed with some of the game’s recent developments, but could you perhaps first state your issue? I feel too lazy to drop 5 stars, as much as they should be dropped, but I just fail to see how it can be lower than 3.

3 Likes

My biggest issue isn’t with the direction the game is taking but rather with the bugs and issues. Their are numerous people who can’t even log on because of an error code and their is no fix in site and the only “communication” is some bull automated response or one mod on here saying to contact support (which does nothing) so I am advocating hitting them where it hurts. Reviews and monetarily.

3 Likes

I agree that many of the recent bugs aren’t making this game any better. That said, most of these bugs appeared with the new content. So, while this content can’t be enjoyed to the fullest, a bugged content is better than no content, like it was a month ago.

But I’m sorry to disappoint you - review bombing isn’t exactly a viable strategy. Have you heard about the phrase: “While the intellectuals think - the stupid procreate”? Well, for every person on the forums or who has reviewed the game - there are 10-100 “sortahumans”, who live in a bubble, but still have a credit card. Review bombing is more of a flashmob, it doesn’t really work even on Steam, and on Rottentomatoes it’s basically pointless, just look at Captain Marvel.

PlayMarket by itself isn’t exactly a rating\review paragon, too many people there have a screw or a bolt missing. So adding a bit of negativity there isn’t going to help it.

1 Like

You know, because silly pettiness like this, the idea that throwing a collective fit is going to light the fire under the asses of lazy developers, I’m giving this game a 5.

Yes it has bugs, and one of the reasons is the developer’s desire to get the game in the hands of fans as soon as possible (because we demanded they deliver asap) They announced this game late 2018 and had it available by /February/.

Developers have some of the longest work hours now of any industry. 80 hour weeks are not rare, they are standard. These bugs are not getting missed because the developers are lazy or not hearing you. They are making sure fixing this code does not mess with anything else, especially as they upgrade and expand the rooster and eventually add more dragons and cross breeds (they will, given how many species are already modelled for Rise of Berk)

They put this game into our hands quickly because of /our/ impatience, not theirs. They still have a Book of Dragons to complete, and they have the difficult task of creating a fair Arena when it is becoming increasingly clear that wallet warriors happily max out BP without any idea how cross breeding or team strategy works to their advantage (and honestly, if players at simply matched by BP, wallet warriors or bug exploiters will constantly fight each other. So long as runes can’t be used to heal or continue a battle PvP, it won’t be as bad as people fear)

We will find bugs as some of the first players to have access to this game. Let the developers know, by all means, but do not sit refreshing your game or the thread waiting for immediate repair. They heard you. It’s been added to the list. They are prioritizing.

1 Like

You know, because silly pettiness like this, the idea that throwing a collective fit is going to light the fire under the butts of lazy developers, I’m giving this game a 5.

Yes it has bugs, and one of the reasons is the developer’s desire to get the game in the hands of fans as soon as possible (because we demanded they deliver asap) They announced this game late 2018 and had it available by /February/.

Developers have some of the longest work hours of any industry. 80 hour weeks are not rare, they are standard. These bugs are not getting missed because the developers are lazy or not hearing you. They are making sure fixing this code does not mess with anything else, especially as they upgrade and expand the rooster and eventually add more dragons and cross breeds (they will, given how many species are already modelled for Rise of Berk)

They put this game into our hands quickly because of /our/ impatience, not theirs. They still have a Book of Dragons to complete, and they have the difficult task of creating a fair Arena when it is becoming increasingly clear that wallet warriors happily max out BP without any idea how cross breeding or team strategy works to their advantage (and honestly, if players at simply matched by BP, wallet warriors or bug exploiters will constantly fight each other. So long as runes can’t be used to heal or continue a PvP battle, it won’t be as bad as people fear)

We will find bugs as some of the first players to have access to this game. Let the developers know, by all means, but do not sit refreshing your game or the thread waiting for immediate repair. They heard you. It’s been added to the list. They are prioritizing.

1 Like

I will point this out now as well. While I appreciate your thoughts on this and to an extent I agree where is the developer in all this? There is an official forum for a reason. I’m fine with bugs, especially with new content, and have played my fair share of games with them. What I find unacceptable is the lack of communication. Even ONE post addressing this would put some ease into people’s mind but sadly no. Surely wanting some communication is justified.

And as far as pettiness goes you saying you are giving 5 stars just because I did the opposite is also pretty petty. Just saying.

And while I agree that review bombing isn’t the best tactic I think here would work better than say steam or rotten tomatoes. Apples rating system seems, or so I’ve heard, far more impactful for secs than other sites. But again. It’s my last resort and if others don’t share that opinion then fine. That’s their choice. I’m just blindly throwing darts at this point.

2 Likes

Hello Vikings,

Our Developers are doing their best to fix all the bugs and glitches so everyone can enjoy the game as designed. We do test thoroughly before each release and it is definitely not our intention to deliver a “broken” game.

We do understand that some of these bugs are preventing everyone from having a great gaming experience. The team is hard at work on resolving these nasty bugs as quickly as possible.

Please continue reporting any issues you encountered in the Help & Support thread. All the bug reports and information you provide are very helpful for our team. It really makes a difference in finding a fix quickly!

1 Like

Finally some reassuring, thank you. We migh be frustrated and all but we can wait a bit for the fixer uppers.

We all are upset about the bugs, what we do is different. I found myself in similar frustrations with you, even considered your suggestion, but look, the support did comment. They are working on the glitches, we’ll have to take their word for it and be patient.

P.S. I didn’t change my rating from 4/5 stars by the way. I decided it was too much, too soon.

Seriously, though, you test it thoroughly, yet every 5th or so person can get infinite loading screen during Alpha fights and Trust events can be accessible by simply clicking the “grayed out” button?

I can sort of believe that devs are “trying”. To do good or bad, not sure, but they are trying. But that things are thoroughly tested? Give me a break… I bet the Chat was also thoroughly tested, snort.

I agree with your thesis, but I do find your reaction to “pettiness” also “petty”, sorry. Thanks for the insight by the way. I find 80 h /week a really tough schedule. I tried translate this to hours per day, and days per week, and it sort of seems like they must be working 14-15 hours per day for 6 days for 80 hours to be the “standard”, if what you say about their weekly work hours is true and let’s assume it is. I am wondering how they can still stand and not break after all that work. They must be exhausted. And I certainly don’t think I should do anything irrational that might cause to them being pressured more, which is counterproductive, or even lose their jobs. It bugs me that I have to abstain from playing on story quests as it is, but I’ll do my best to be patient. :slight_smile:

Some times trying to fix an issue might tweak something and cause more issues. It’s a miracle that the game is still on; codes can collapse on a whole when a glitch goes wrong. Perhaps, though, if they closed the game for 2-3 days for maintenance, their job would be easier, bec they have to do their best to keep the game on, keep the bugs from spreading while trying to fix… It’s double the work, I think.

Yes they said something and I’m happy they did. But look how long it took! That’s insane. And once things are fixed I will GLADLY change my review. But talk doesn’t do it for me. Need to see improvement

1 Like