Ludia Forums

Fix Monostegotops

Correct me if I am wrong, but when Ketchup made a poll on most annoying dinosaurs, Monostegotops was 0% voted. Hmm…shouldn’t that say something, Ludia? When you nerfed him into oblivion? Did you at the least consider what the community thought? Like come on, I spent a lot of time saving up for the guy! As in since I first started playing the game! And now suddenly, you decide, “Let’s just get rid of a perfecly fine, not even the slightest annoying, legendary’s attacks and drop his stats to the ground. Then our terrific Dracoceratops will have nothing to stand in its way!” Honestly, because of the nerf to Monostegotops, I had to take him off my team. Please fix him. Restore his former glory because the last thing we need is mini rats running around.

11 Likes

Apologies, I meant Tielnaar made the poll.

Actually I still actively use Monosteg, and I have seen plenty of others too. Also some people complained about it the last update, I’ll agree it was an extremely powerful legendary but it wasn’t a problem. I would agree the nerf was a bit much, and c’mon how can it the best nullifier and then not even a nullifier. It’s is still usable it’s just a nich attacker.

3 Likes

Don’t get me wrong, there are plenty of other Legendary dinosaurs to use, but Monostego was my favorite. It kind of not the same with him off my team.

3 Likes

The loss of null impact was bad but it’s the attack nerf that really was too far. Mine went from 2k attack (with boosts of course) to 1400, even at 1600 or 1700 I’m probably fine with it but it was too much

9 Likes

It’s ok, I like ketchup. Just had some.

3 Likes

Yep, less attack was the main reason he is off my team. Hopefully Ardont and the new legendary terror bird will be enough.

1 Like

One thing I don’t miss from Ceratopsians is Lvl 23 Einasuchus :joy:

1 Like

Annoying doesn’t mean good. Mono is good. If it has a SI armor piercing stunning move, it should have pitiful damage. Simple.

Monostego is now same garbage swapper as Draco(rare). Only difference is Monostego ability to stun opponent.

Actually Monostego long was only viable nullifier to counter Indo. After nerf in 1.8 update, Indo was buffed and lost 3 counters (Monostego, Tryko, Dioraja). As Indo can’t be distracted, Monostego would be it’s main counter with slowing and nullifying impact. Though they nerfed its damage and took away nullifying.

It’s easy prey for chompers now as other rats.

1 Like

I actually like it more now , but I do agree the he needs more attack damage. Other than that I can use him several times in a fight and it’s a great contender agains diorajaraus and some higher level tanks like stegodeus. He can eve survive a devastation from erlidominus and come back to fight again Even 3 times in a battle

2 Likes

I loved the nerf to it :joy:

I’m still getting used to its role in battle now. But like… I guess I could deal with her if her attack was a bit higher. Like, Suchotator’s attack stat is higher than Monosteg! Come on! Really? I got boosts on her sure, but a crit of about 1400 damage is sucky, especially when you got to get at all these dinos with their Hp through the dang roof.

5 Likes

I like the new moveset but it most definitely needs a buff to it’s damage.

2 Likes

I still use it, and it occasionally gets me a win when it swaps in and hits a speedster and survives to hit it again. But the attack nerf was way too heavy and defies logic.

3 Likes

I get goosebumps every time I see that I have monosteg and Draco in the same lineup.

1 Like

Well, at least we can all agree on one thing

I like that Monostegatops got an instant ability don’t get me wrong, but she was the 1st Legendary I had. I made it a point to get her 1st & for over a year I dumped endless resources into her to make her the heavy hitter & Indominus/Indoraptor/Erlidominus nullifier of my team & she was good at her job… Why in the world did you take her best ability & slash her basic attack strength down to an ineffectual level? It honestly pisses me off. Like you gladly took the time and money I spent sinking into her & then smiled spit in my face and squashed her for no apparent reason.

1 Like

Monostego is one of my favourite dino too. It was a great reliable nullifier. While Ludia said that not many people were using nullifying dinos then they changed its moveset, making it no longer a nullifier as wel; and nerfing its HP and damage down to the ground. This made me putting it on the bench. I want its moveset and stats be back to what they were before 1.9.

3 Likes

Monostegotops was a great Dino. I loved using it, then it got smashed with a nerf hammer. I miss nullification. Dig in isn’t good. I liked the high attack and health. Monostegotops wasn’t really op, it was a solid tyrant.

2 Likes